ForumsPopular MediaTransformer movies are all the same

9 4585
TheAngelOfWar
TheAngelOfWar
206 posts
Nomad

College Guy -> Hot girls -> THE hot girl -> Stuff gets blown up -> Gets saved -> Chosen One trope -> Look for Something trope -> Battle -> Stuff gets blown up -> Octimus Prime dies -> Stuff blown up -> Run away -> Evil dude in high place -> Humans are d***s -> Battle -> Some more battle -> Octimus gets revived -> kicks ares -> gets his ares kicked -> saved again -> Stuff gets really blown up -> Humans love robots again -> get the girl save the day.

• 9 Replies
09philj
09philj
2,825 posts
Jester

That's the least of their problems, given that they're Michael Bay films.

R2D21999
R2D21999
18,319 posts
Treasurer

College Guy

Wasn't he a high school kid in the first one?

Stuff gets blown up

It's Michael Bay, so there's going to be a lot more explosions than that. You might as well make this thread all about explosions.

Also don't they look for something in each movie? First one was the allspark. The second one was some kind of shard. And I haven't seen the last two.

TheAngelOfWar
TheAngelOfWar
206 posts
Nomad

Yeah...

SSTG
SSTG
13,055 posts
Treasurer

College Guy -> Hot girls -> Stuff gets blown up -> Gets saved -> Chosen One trope -> Battle -> Octimus Prime dies -> Run away -> Evil dude in high place -> Humans are d***s -> Battle -> Some more battle -> Octimus gets revived -> kicks ares -> gets his ares kicked -> saved again -> get the girl save the day.

Isn't that what's important? I mean come on, the hot girl is a requirement, cool cars, and explosions.

I remember when I was a kid and I used to go watch those cheesy Japanese Sci-Fi movies and how I hated the part when they were talking too long. All I wanted was action!

When I re-watch those movies as an adult, I realize that the dialogues are so lame that I was right all along.

TheAngelOfWar
TheAngelOfWar
206 posts
Nomad

Fixed it.

GhostOfNinja
GhostOfNinja
600 posts
Farmer

Well, that's pretty much every action movie, not just transformers, right?

09philj
09philj
2,825 posts
Jester

The film Michael Bay wants to make is one where he can have a muscular man with his shirt off fire a rocket launcher at a giant robot while driving a pick up truck off an exploding bridge while a pretty girl performs an exotic dance.

TheAngelOfWar
TheAngelOfWar
206 posts
Nomad

@GhostOfNinja

No, Octimus does not die in every movie.

Witigen
Witigen
306 posts
Scribe

Spinning cameras,
stuff blowing up,
the worst dialogue EVER,
a hot chick,
product placement,
everybody's so stupid,
reusing shots,
racism,
each movie longer than the last,
each movie making more money than the last (9th highest grossing movie franchise, $3,779,696,275)
and the American flag.

This has been a summary of every Transformers movie.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-Ik2ikgOyNU
These guys do it better than me

Showing 1-9 of 9