ForumsGamesIs Flash really going to lose to HTML5?

2 1839
RogellParadox
RogellParadox
1 posts
Nomad

Well, seems like this forum is not too much visited, but I'll try it anyway.

I'm tired of reading hater comments about Flash throughout internet. I've been working with it since it was from (the dead) Macromedia. Of course I used it to animate, I did just some scripting. But it's ridiculous to want a so good plug-in vanishes from our lives. I know some of you (specially those reading here) still use it. But the pro-HTML5 (and Flash-haters) are, I would say, boycotting it. To me, I'll never stop using Flash, for an animation or programming. But I'm really sad and disappointed that things got this way. I love Armor Games, I love Newgrounds, I love Miniclip and lots of other games sites and I see how much powerful Flash is. And I wouldn't like to let Flash dies.

• 2 Replies
sillyduckyum
sillyduckyum
12 posts
Scribe

Html5 is **** to program for. It's only good for the consumer because it consumes less bandwith for the bandwith provider and the customer.

Truth be told, almost every programmer I've talked to hates it because it's like flash, but requires so much complexity it's absurd and results in tons of errors that are bound to be exploited and require even more time than flash to debug. Like a lot more.

And the funny thing is, html5 is only really being pushed by big companies because they can then put sandboxied drm into the program for video. It's nuts that anyone would support that garbage, but the thing is, lower bandwith and it's not widely discussed because google also controls the search and they're the biggest backer.

Thrillology
Thrillology
78 posts
Shepherd

I haven't seen any HTML5 games that are as complex as many flash games. Personally, I know how to use HTML and not Flash, and I'd say that Flash is still in the lead. With compatibility with all mobile devices, HTML might come in the lead in the future as far as number of users daily goes.

Showing 1-2 of 2