ForumsArt, Music, and WritingWriting Contest

17 12280
xerox
xerox
715 posts
Bard

Contest will be prosponed untill the rules are figured out, and possibly a theme is set up ? But in my defence, all the contests i perticipate are without a theme.

• 17 Replies
Hectichermit
Hectichermit
1,828 posts
Bard

I shall write the story of Drake Carver, something I imagined up from the Random Superpowers thread :P

xerox
xerox
715 posts
Bard

I will participate too because i am incapable of judging. If it was dependant on me, i would give everyone first place .

TheAngelOfWar
TheAngelOfWar
206 posts
Nomad

Is there a reward? I'd feel more inclined to do it if there was a reward because once you have a story out for free a publisher isn't even going to look at it and I take my writing seriously >

SirLegendary
SirLegendary
16,583 posts
Duke

@xerox, If I may, if you really want to start a successful competition, one that lasts throughout the ages and time of the threads in this sub-forum, then you really must have the cover, otherwise no one will look inside the book. You are missing some core elements in starting a competition, those being things like introductions, rules, and prizes. If you hold this competition off for now, I'll gladly help you start it up, so that it may look, feel, and compete like any other competition made by MrDayCee. If you decline, I will still post a story.

Moegreche
Moegreche
3,829 posts
Duke

I'll be happy to give a merit to the winner(s) of the contest as an incentive. Though I have absolutely no time to judge myself.

akshobhya
akshobhya
5,063 posts
Justiciar

Anyone who wants can participate. Just write a story, an adventure, anything, and post a link here.

Can't we post it directly here?

And, I think the judging will be easier if this is theme based.

xerox
xerox
715 posts
Bard

@SirLegendary well then i actually am really bad at leading cometitions. I really have no idea what im doing xD

ChromeDeathRazor
ChromeDeathRazor
437 posts
Farmer

Make a theme and we do a contest on it...

For example, Theme: Knights

TheAngelOfWar
TheAngelOfWar
206 posts
Nomad

If I'm the only one who enters can I win by default and still get a merit? ^_^

Saphire24
Saphire24
3,114 posts
Scribe

I want to enter two, sorry...

TheAngelOfWar
TheAngelOfWar
206 posts
Nomad

Alright then.

TheAngelOfWar
TheAngelOfWar
206 posts
Nomad

Alright, I have my story, can I submit it early or on the last day.

I'm going to win either way so it won't matter. I'm sorry, I'm a prideful person but at least I'm honest about it.

SirLegendary
SirLegendary
16,583 posts
Duke

@xerox, your vagueness has left everyone in the dark, why don't you lay down some basic ground rules for everyone.

SirLegendary
SirLegendary
16,583 posts
Duke

I'm going to win either way so it won't matter. I'm sorry, I'm a prideful person but at least I'm honest about it.

I'm going to write a lot for a living. Writing is about 50% of my course right now. I think you should rethink that statement. Just for laughs though, I just thought what Matt said was funny.

Saphire24
Saphire24
3,114 posts
Scribe

@MattEmAngel Did you publish it or anything? What did you call it?

Showing 1-15 of 17