ForumsArt, Music, and Writing[CYOA] Choose Your Own Adventure Plot 1: Zombie Horror Survival

3 6077
Hectichermit
Hectichermit
1,828 posts
Bard

This isn't a game...

So a couple of writing threads have spawned and I have a little experience running some contests and several of these expect some people to come up with ideas and writing about something with little to no guidelines. So I propose something a bit easier and better directed then a competition.

Choose Your Own Adventure

So this is a collaborative initiative for those who wish to write something on the forums but do not have any direction and are looking for some. The basic rules for this thread are

1. Write in the first person
2. The main character is the reader
3. Do not use proper nouns to describe the main character, keep them pronouns.
4. Keep nouns and descriptions of the character genderless
5. Stay on theme and try to be consistent in setting with previous submission and with the choices given by the previous writer
6. Submissions have a minimum of 250 words
7. At the end of each submission the writer must give the reader at least 2 options unless the author writes an end of path. we will only accept end of path submissions on the final week.
8. Do not submit a section of writing for your own choices.
9. Follow the normal rules for the Armor Games Forums

Themes will be decided on each month by popular vote, excluding this first one.

First theme of CYOA: Zombie Horror Survival

I will not participate right now in this but I will help moderate submissions. Have Fun.

Once the month is over I will compile submissions into a HTML file that will be formatted for readers. I will also write a credit page for those who submit anything.

• 3 Replies
Hectichermit
Hectichermit
1,828 posts
Bard

Matt, I did not wish to be judged or critiqued I simply wish to gauge those who wish to participate in a collaborative endeavor . Also that 250 word count is nothing. You yourself gave me 125 words to judge this ideas faults. If you are unhappy with this then why don't YOU come up with an idea. Create a thread and let the masses upon the Armor Games forums deem it worthy of effort or not.

You can if you wish come up with a better theme but I doubt you could not say it hasn't been over done again and again. What shall we try? Adverture Time in the land of Ooo as a fantasy role play, we are one of the native peoples trying to search for a lost treasure?

Frank_Frooton
Frank_Frooton
4,002 posts
Bard

Sounds interesting, and i'd like to, but my creative bursts of energetic writing are sporadic. And i don't know when the next one will be. Otherwise i'd be glad to participate, just so long as survival doesn't mean i can't add comedic expression. meaning more bad jokes.

TheAngelOfWar
TheAngelOfWar
206 posts
Nomad

I'm pretty sure if you're telling the reader what the reader is doing then it is second person and not first. Just wanted to point that out.

Showing 1-3 of 3