ForumsNews and FeedbackArmor Games Intro

6 4762
syneticon
syneticon
5 posts
Peasant

The armor games intro that plays all the time is perhaps a bit too loud and jarring, is there any chance you guys have one that is a bit less obnoxiously loud that is possibly in the works?

It doesn't seem to be at a good level, watching videos and playing games, the intro is always seems to be at some louder setting, I literally shove my fingers into my ears every time I open a game.

• 6 Replies
SirLegendary
SirLegendary
16,583 posts
Duke

I have to say I haven't noticed it to be that loud to be called obnoxious. I don't think going through every single game just to tone down the volume of the intro is practical though. Perhaps it could be updated for the new logo intro so that it wouldn't be as loud as the old logo intro, meaning the newer games may probably be better. Though let me say again that I have to disagree about it being too loud, maybe not disagree, but just differ in terms of opinion about the level of the volume.

syneticon
syneticon
5 posts
Peasant

Yeah I certainly see what you're saying, I doubt they can go back and change it, I don't really have a problem with muting it, just a suggestion though.

It's mostly the sound of the swords actually hitting that is so jarring, the spike in sound is just incredible for those few moments.

But I only made this post after actually running into some that had enjoyable intros with a calm melody, maybe a knight placing his sword into the dirt and raising his shield to the sky that contains the armor games logo.

SelectMe
SelectMe
5 posts
Nomad

There are some strange instances when it seems the Armor Games' intro does seem louder than the normal game volume. I don't see it as much with the newer games, but some of the older ones have earpiercing volumes. I never really thought about it though, until I saw this post. But, like you said, SirLegendary, it would be too much of a waste of time to go through every game to change the volume of a simple thing. But perhaps the developers can keep a mental note of the intro's volume for games to come.

Crackback
Crackback
40 posts
Peasant

:P You should buy headphones and everytime that AG intro is playing turn down the volume :P
P.S. I think that its ok...

syneticon
syneticon
5 posts
Peasant

No it's not anything else lol, I have a logitech g430, which I bought without doing any review searching first, and it was kind of a mistake because the sound card you need to use for it actually lowers the max volume level you can have, so nothing when I'm wearing my headphones are too loud for that unfortunate reason, the armor games logo is the one thing that breaks this.

I can have a youtube video at max volume and the AG logo seems like it's twice as loud.

Crackback
Crackback
40 posts
Peasant

Hmm.. weird :P I wonder how many players have problems like this

Showing 1-6 of 6