ForumsNews and FeedbackSuggestion

4 4272
Crackback
Crackback
40 posts
Peasant

Hmm i was thinking about notifications that will tell you when someone replied to topic where you said something, like on Rockstar Games Social Club... It will help you to find topic where you re waiting for reply. Or history, that might help us too.
Please say what you think about it.

• 4 Replies
Moegreche
Moegreche
3,829 posts
Duke

We do have some notification options in place. The main one is that someone can put an '@' symbol before your name and you can receive an e-mail notification that you've been mentioned in such-and-such a thread.

The alternative would be to alert you any time someone posted in a thread that you've posted in. But I think that would get really annoying really fast.

Crackback
Crackback
40 posts
Peasant

Hmm but what if you can turn it on / off in each one thread separately ? So if you post something on very active thread you wont get 1M notifications :P

SirLegendary
SirLegendary
16,583 posts
Duke

That's a pretty cool idea, to be able to choose which threads you may get notifications from. I like it! Although, I'm not sure that's not necessary since you probably won't get that many notifications from a single thread just due to the activity. I find that the notifications attained from every aspect of this site accumulated is not enough to bother me at all. Just my opinion of course.

Crackback
Crackback
40 posts
Peasant

But there are threads like friending in games and there can be like 10 posts / day :P

Showing 1-4 of 4