ForumsArt, Music, and WritingYoung metal band from Russia - Encage

11 5313
munkind
munkind
54 posts
Prince

Hello!

I'm a guitar player from young metal band from city of Perm, Russia. We try to play melodic death and metalcore music) And i want to show you our first demo track called The Darkest Days. We record it in our home, so it isn't such a good quality and drums are from Ezzdrummer. So I hope it will not be such bad for you and you will understand this.

I want to hear your opinion and criticizm - it is very important to me. Why am i write it here? Because i feel myself a part of this world - a world of Armorgames. Everyday i play something here. And it is like a drug. So i want to show it to you ^__^ Hope that one or two people from here will like our song! Keep calm and listen metal!

http://www.lastfm.ru/music/Encage/The+Darkest+Days#play-this-track

Above the link to our lastfm page.

P.s. Sorry for my english

https://scontent.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-xfp1/v/t1.0-9/11659223_1451538328485434_1549315791046576978_n.jpg?oh=28af7499bdc67bc2200444cadd252e6f&oe=56506A1E

• 11 Replies
Rapyion
Rapyion
2,300 posts
Shepherd

Definitely loved it. It's like Alcest and Katatonia mashed together and out came this song. The voice is unique, to say the least. It didn't get me all too well, but the growling was very good, though it is better suited for black metal.

Overall, great!

munkind
munkind
54 posts
Prince

Thank you Rapyion! All mentions is important to us! =)

munkind
munkind
54 posts
Prince

I mean view! not mention) sorry for bad english

MrDayCee
MrDayCee
14,747 posts
King

Hey @munkind! I listened to your song and I liked it!

I do have a few points I would like to say about it... the first verse (couplet) sounds a bit choppy. The words seem to not add to the flow of the song and feel like dead stops to me. The rest of the lyrics used in the song have a better flow later on though.
Second thing was the fact that the first time you guys sing the chorus, it is one octave higher immediately? If you would have only done this in the last part of the song, it would sit better with the overall feel of it; a bit like a climax build, or better, an 'anti-climax' due to the dark nature of the song...

But to review the song in its entire form: I really liked it! It has a strong feel with the nice licks that introduce and build it up, then explode into the grunting rage of the chorus! It has potential and shows you guys are on the right track!! Keep it up!!

(I hope this all made some sense, as I'm only an amateur in listening and explaining myself about songs...)

munkind
munkind
54 posts
Prince

Thank you @MrDayCee !!! It was our first track and we really want to rerecord it in future and erase all the mistakes. We will think about the chorus place, maybe it will be really good if we sing it in the last part, thank you!

And what about the lyrics for you as a native speaker of English? How many mistakes we did?

Here is a lyrics(some frazes with deep meaning):

Encage - The Darkest Days

[VERSE 1]
My darkest days passed by
The days when i was crying
The days when feelings are gone
The days when i was dying

[PRE CHORUS 1]
And now,
From dusk till dawn
I climb the mountains of my dreams
I standin on my own
Will fight with lousy past and scream

[CHORUS 1]
The night when I shall bury the pain
Inside my sick blue tortured veins
Confusion I'm in drifts upon the shame
And never be the same for me

[VERSE 2]
Look at me, I'm holding on my way
do not stop for nothing
I will go all the way to the end
This is my destiny

[PRE CHORUS 2]
I feel vast and carnal desire,
deafen still and burning inside,
like phoenix cast out throbbing fire,
Arise like newborn child

[CHORUS 2]
The night when I shall bury the pain
Inside my sick blue tortured veins
Confusion I'm in drifts upon the shame
And never be the same for me

Frank_Frooton
Frank_Frooton
4,002 posts
Bard

I liked the song, it was good, and admittedly more coherent than some people who have spoken english their whole life. Took me awhile to figure out how to play it, I don't know any russian, so that was a tad difficult, but otherwise good stuff. really liked the guy's voice too.

MrDayCee
MrDayCee
14,747 posts
King

@munkind I'm actually not an English native speaker (I'm Dutch), but I can see what I can do for you!

akshobhya
akshobhya
5,063 posts
Justiciar

@munkind, are there any videos of your band? I would be certainly interested in it....

munkind
munkind
54 posts
Prince

@akshobhya we dont have good videos ( only from concerts, but there are so many mistakes that we did on a concert so i dnt want to show it now =) in future we will record something more good than all we have and i put here a link to watch it ^_^ i hope you understand our position.

munkind
munkind
54 posts
Prince

@akshobhya but if you like games(i think you like games cause you are on a games websit) - so think about it like about a game, and find it yourself We have one video somewhere ....

munkind
munkind
54 posts
Prince

Okey, i can show you one video. Not in good quality and a little bit with mistakes during the playing (cause our drummer was drunk so much! :{ ) But ... nevermind. i want to show it

[url=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2tDqTgpPw8Y]

Showing 1-11 of 11