ForumsNews and FeedbackHosting stuffs on the AG Forums.

5 4009
TheAngelOfWar
TheAngelOfWar
206 posts
Nomad

Hey AG Community. It's TheAngelOfWar starting what I think is an important topic.

Contests
So I was on the Art, Writing, and Music thread and I started up a contest, thought it'd be fun and easy but like... it's not easy. I mean I know I messed up and rushed mine but still I think there could be some things AG could help us contest hosts/hostesses. The biggest thing would be like a contact list or something, so that we can call up an admin be like "bro I need your help getting this thing" or be like "Dude can you give like a merit or quest thing to the winner or something?" or maybe some host/hostesses decides to offer a cash prize or something. I mean I have no idea where to go. I could use the AG Contact Page but I feel like the contact thing is more for stuff like an account hacked or something that Devs would be using to negotiate, or something a lot more formal, and it feels awkward use, I'm pretty sure a lot of people will back me up on this. Also I'm the kinda guy that would like start a new topic with a bunch of peoples names at the title and be like "Yo! R2, Matt my Angel brother, Storm, Ferret, Legendary (from last topic). So I need some judges up in here for this contest and maybe someone hit the winner up with an award or pat on the back or something. And yeah." anyways. Just knowing who can help me help you and vice versa for these things would be cool. I'm pretty sure the admins don't wanna just give out their emails or give their phone numbers but maybe someone can suggest something.

Promotion
So anyone else notice Indie Devs (AG technically publishes games on the site) coming into some forums and be like "Guys check out this super cool game I got going." and basically get some free advertising? I for one do. Now I don't know if they actually pay or go through some process to post in the Forum but from what I've seen it's basically advertising since most of them are like "Guys I want yo opinion on this epic game I'm cooking up. Here's a list of really cool stuff and some cool pictures." instead of being like "Sup guys me and my crew have been working on this project with this awesome Engine and other software, we've been trying to publish this and just want to hear some opinions from our target audience.". So I think there should be more of a point than just saying "Look at me." but honestly I don't really know whats up with those types of topics.

Yes I know some devs will actually put it up on AG.

Other Events.
I'm sure there are some other event like things but I can't think of any so here is a list of fillers which probably never have happened or will happen.
-Cookie Cooking Contest.
-Ask TheAngelOfWar advice column.
-Others.

If you guys have any questions about hosting stuffs then feel free to use this thread (it's called a thread right or is it topic?). I or someone will try to help you out. Most likely someone.

• 5 Replies
Arm_Candy
Arm_Candy
716 posts
Bard

The About Armor Games page is the quickest way to contact an admin or a moderator.

If you want a page where you can contact people that might be willing to help you judge a contest, instead of a page with everyone's contact information, it would be easier for everyone to have a thread with people's names organized by category.

Writing
name1
name2
name3

Art
name1
name2
name3

Photography
name1
name2
name3

If enough people put their names on the list, finding someone to judge any contest in Art Music & Writing would be very easy.

Arm_Candy
Arm_Candy
716 posts
Bard

Well, no, it isn't. Going to their profile is.

Yes, that part goes without saying. The About Armor Games page is the most convenient means of accessing every moderator and administrator's profile, but I can see how my previous phrasing was ambiguous.

If you want to contact someone, either tag them with an @ sign or post on their profile. Otherwise they aren't going to know. Making a single-thread directory for people willing to help isn't a bad idea, though.

The users in the directory thread would have had to volunteer to have their names put there, much like the Birthday List, and they would all be tagged so that they could be contacted easily if someone wants their help in starting a contest.
TheAngelOfWar
TheAngelOfWar
206 posts
Nomad

So are we making a list of names for stuffs?

SirLegendary
SirLegendary
16,583 posts
Duke

@TheAngelOfWar I created this for you.

TheAngelOfWar
TheAngelOfWar
206 posts
Nomad

Thank you good sir.

Showing 1-5 of 5