ForumsNews and FeedbackSuggestion... big one.

7 4164
thebeast782
thebeast782
63 posts
Nomad

OK. so, this is a big one but... I'm sorry, there has to be something we are allowed to swear on. Look, I understand this is a "kids" site, but... a lot of us have grown up with this site. For years, maybe some of us since Games of Gondor. But, we have to get our message out. You want to understand how this person feels about this certain subject. And i don't mean a forum for... older. I mean, a filter. You have to be a certain age to view that subject. I'm not asking you to grow up, I'm asking you to see us in a different light.

Please.

• 7 Replies
FishPreferred
FishPreferred
3,171 posts
Duke

1 People lie about their age.
2 The only instances where such words have any reason to be stated are in quotations and in non-profane contexts. Anything else is frivolous and unjustified.
3 If you can't express your feelings in ordinary terms, grab a dictionary or thesaurus and just read it. You'll find plenty of words that convey the same message.

Doombreed
Doombreed
7,022 posts
Templar

I agree with FishPreferred , though AG's profanity filter does need to be updated a bit, so as to allow us to spell words like c***tail or c***roach.

SirLegendary
SirLegendary
16,583 posts
Duke

Yes there are some words that get censored because the spelling for a swear is a part of the spelling for word that is considered to be appropriate.

There's really no reason to use profane language. There are many ways to express anger without cussing.

Example:

"I (curse)ing hate this game. It has (bs) controls and it's as if it was made for a**hats."

Instead:

"I have a strong dislike for this game. It's controls are too confusing and it's as if it was made for people with the IQ of a child born yesterday."

To be honest I feel like the second statement expresses more anger, and it was written without cussing.

thebeast782
thebeast782
63 posts
Nomad

I think the second statement is more... sophisticated. I do agree with you on that.

akshobhya
akshobhya
5,063 posts
Justiciar

I agree with FishPreferred , though AG's profanity filter does need to be updated a bit, so as to allow us to spell words like c***tail or c***roach.

Even *** *** in. (a s s a s s i n)

Arm_Candy
Arm_Candy
716 posts
Bard

@akshobhya "Assassin" is not a censored word. Many words use the three-letter word beginning with "a" as a suffix, such as "association" and "assimilation," so that word is only censored when it's by itself or if it is part of a word that is already censored for a reason.

devansh_asthana
devansh_asthana
480 posts
Farmer

I'm sorry, there has to be something we are allowed to swear on. Look, I understand this is a "kids" site
I strongly agree with FishPreferred. Look, some people fake their age to join Armor Games. IF people were allowed to curse, this site would look like a fishmarket- A local site. And guests (People who arent members of this site) can look at the forums and read the forum posts too (but cant post) and that would give them a bad impression of the site.
You want to understand how this person feels about this certain subject
Yes, we understand. There is hate for the subject, and there is liking for a subject. Hate can be expressed without cussing, as @SirLegendary said.

Showing 1-7 of 7