ForumsThe TavernGuns!

20 10248
samiel
samiel
421 posts
Shepherd

No politicaly charged regulation and legislation debate here, just friendly chitchat about good ole fashioned firepower, or advanced experimental tech, whatever floats your boat. What's your favorite? which ones do you own? Which ones would you like to own? Which ones would others suggest? What mods are the best? Which cases or carry bags are your favorite? Scopes, how much do you love em? Ammo types, which ones are the strongest? The possibilities for conversation are endless.

• 20 Replies
Riptizoid101
Riptizoid101
6,257 posts
Farmer

I just have one question for you;

Do you have tickets?

samiel
samiel
421 posts
Shepherd

Now I want to go on record and say, I do not like Mossberg, I have heard good things but in my experience I did not like it when I tried one. I'm sure it was just an isolated case but still. More so does anybody have anything to say about "VooDoo Tactical" Gear it looks nice but I haven't really seen any adds for em or anything, but it looked pretty much like the Drago gear. Anybody have any personal experience with those two?

R2D21999
R2D21999
18,319 posts
Treasurer

Actually read the OP before you ask if this is in the right section.

I haven't shot very many guns. Mostly rifles, Nerf guns, and finger guns.

SportShark
SportShark
2,980 posts
Scribe

I'll say that my preferred sidearm is a Glock. Glocks have a good balance of firepower, accuracy, capacity, and simplicity. One of my other favs are the M1911- it has a lot of power but it has a small clip capacity. Forget about using .38 for self defense, it has no stopping power and is almost useless if your attacker is on a meth-like drug. Unfortunately, California state law prohibits mags with a cap. greater than 10 so a Glock's high cap mag advantage is rendered useless where I live. If I could have any gun that I wanted and the laws did not apply, I would get an AA-12 full auto combat shotgun.

FishPreferred
FishPreferred
3,171 posts
Duke

All of these models are exceedingly inept. The best ballistic weaponry is all custom made. I favour a variation of the multistage coilgun for most conventional applications. I also have an idea for one of these, but I would need to do some experimentation to see if it's feasible.

Riptizoid101
Riptizoid101
6,257 posts
Farmer

Do you have tickets?

No as a matter of fact I don't, Riptizoid101, what tickets are you referring to?

SportShark
SportShark
2,980 posts
Scribe

All of these models are exceedingly inept. The best ballistic weaponry is all custom made. I favour a variation of the multistage coilgun for most conventional applications. I also have an idea for one of these, but I would need to do some experimentation to see if it's feasible.

Why do you favor these models even though you find them exceedingly inept?
FishPreferred
FishPreferred
3,171 posts
Duke

I don't, which is why I favour other things entirely.

SportShark
SportShark
2,980 posts
Scribe

I don't, which is why I favour other things entirely.

I favor other things too. Maybe not entirely but I favor them with great opulence.
For example, I favor this drawing this puny partial stickman dude over a eating a dish of Cambodian bloody pig wurst.
- || -
| \

Nosz Evicheez

samiel
samiel
421 posts
Shepherd

Imagine playing a game like paintball, but instead of paintball guns you would use shotguns loaded with rock salt, bean bags, or other non lethal shells, yah that would get pretty intense, also does anybody here do any kinda prepping,I just wonder what guns most preppers use. I think the best would be a semi-automatic AK-47 with mid range scope, extended barrel, and .308 conversion. As another interesting tid bit, why is everybody buying .22 LR, for the love of god it's not that great, I mean yah it's nice and all but jeeze, You can buy .308, .223, 9mm, 45 auto, 22mag, .22 short, and .22250 in the same store, why would you need SOOOOOOOOO much .22 LR, just about the only thing it's really that good for is varmint hunting.

Riptizoid101
Riptizoid101
6,257 posts
Farmer

No as a matter of fact I don't, Riptizoid101, what tickets are you referring to?

TICKETS TO THE GUN SHOW.

*starts flexing*

BA-BAM.

samiel
samiel
421 posts
Shepherd

TICKETS TO THE GUN SHOW.

BA-BAM

I like this guy.
GhostOfMatrix
GhostOfMatrix
15,622 posts
Herald

I own a smith & wesson .40 cal for personal protection. I've only ever used that and a .357

samiel
samiel
421 posts
Shepherd

I own a smith & wesson .40 cal for personal protection. I've only ever used that and a .357

BOOOOOOO! I'm joking of course, but you should really try some longarms, Like a pump shotgun or bolt-action rifle. They have a wonderful feel, I just love the sound of the assembly working when I prime the bolt or pull the pump. My favorite part of a pump action isn't even firing it, it's pulling the pump again, and I love revolvers to, they aren't as effective but if you just want to have some fun shooting like me, then they work just fine. I love easing back on the hammer and lining up the sights. It really is a bit of fun. Lever actions are neat but I don't like the feel of them to be honest. Break barrels teach trigger discipline, but it makes shooting a much slower process, but break barrels are a lot easier to obtain, You can actually own a break barrel in England (I don't think it's easy but it is at least possible). Over-and-under break barrel twelve gauge shotguns are expensive but are good general use guns, accurate (as far as shotguns are concerned), reliable, simple, effective, and they have low ammo capacity so it's easy to get around legal restrictions.
Omegap12
Omegap12
1,980 posts
Shepherd

My gun of choice is a .308. The yardage that baby gets it insane. Can take down anything. Ammo is real expensive though. But yes, WIN .308 is my gun all around no doubt.

Showing 1-15 of 20