ForumsThe TavernSo Saucy

7 3156
R2D21999
R2D21999
18,319 posts
Treasurer

Did you guys know, that sauces are pretty awesome. And there are so many different kinds out there. There's Barbecue, Soy, Tomato, gravy, applesauce, even whipped cream. What's your favorite kind of sauce and what do you usually use it on?

Cincinnati chili(yes it's a sauce) has got to be my favorite sauce. Ironic since I live in the Cincinnati area. Cincinnati chili is usually placed on top of a plate of spaghetti or a hot dog and then topped with cheese.

• 7 Replies
Riptizoid101
Riptizoid101
6,257 posts
Farmer

Ironic

Idk if that's how you use the word ironic since that's not irony at all.

I like ketchup though.

Or cheese dip. Especially chili cheese.

R2D21999
R2D21999
18,319 posts
Treasurer

Sauces shouldn't be chunky! Chili = chili =/= sauce.

Chili Sauce, salsa, sauces that have 'chunky' or 'extra chunky', the list goes on for how many chunky sauces there are.

Yes I know I used wikipedia for chili sauce but even wikipedia can't get that wrong.

09philj
09philj
2,825 posts
Jester

Probably either Tabasco Sauce or gravy. Note that I mean gravy in the British sense, a sauce made from meat stock, usually of the same type of animal as the meat it's served with, and not any of the bizarre things Americans call gravy.

Arm_Candy
Arm_Candy
716 posts
Bard

Mustard is one of my favorites. Not plain yellow mustard, but the good, flavorful ones like deli mustard, honey mustard, beer mustard, and Dijon mustard. You put that on a burger and it will change your entire outlook on life. Maybe not.

GhostOfMatrix
GhostOfMatrix
15,622 posts
Herald

Mustard is high on my list of daily sauces. Sandwiches, hot dogs, burgers, I even make a tuna dip with it. Tuna, mustard, and cajun seasoning, then mix. Goes well with tortilla chips or a fork.

Terry_Logic
Terry_Logic
4,484 posts
Jester

Is there anything you can't put marinara sauce on?

I can't think of one thing that would be better without it.

GhostOfMatrix
GhostOfMatrix
15,622 posts
Herald

Another sauce that I absolutely love is A1 steak sauce. Now, I don't pour it over my steaks because that just ruins the steaky goodness. Instead I use a light amount combined with other seasonings to marinate my meats - you'll taste the sauce, but it won't overpower the meat.
A small amount combined with mustard on a burger makes a delicious combination as well.

Showing 1-7 of 7