ForumsThe TavernHas Anyone Read a book called Cirque Du Freak??

33 5725
Craze77
Craze77
813 posts
Peasant

I have. There the best series I've ever read!!!! Does anyone want to discuss them??

• 33 Replies
Asherlee
Asherlee
5,014 posts
Shepherd

Sell me on them. I haven't heard of them.

bobert
bobert
176 posts
Nomad

I've heard of and seen hem. Are they really that good? My favorite series is the Pendragon series.

Craze77
Craze77
813 posts
Peasant

Ok. There is 12 books in the series. Everyone says they look stupid. But after everyone reads them they like 'em.

The 1st Book: Cirque Du Freak A Living Nightmare was one of the best books I've ever read. It was about a boy named Darren Shan who snuck out one night to watch a Freak Show. He went in the middle of the night with a friend and saw some very gruesome stuff. Later, he stole one of the freaks' poisonous but controllable spider and the freak commanded it to bite Darren's best friend. His friend went to the hospital and was dying, so the guy made a deal and admitted he was a vampire. The deal was that the vampire would heal Darren's best friend and Darren would have to become his assistant. Darren agreed and faked his own death to his parents and snuck out at night to become the circus's newest member. The book was great and I enjoyed it so much.

Asherlee
Asherlee
5,014 posts
Shepherd

Actually sounds pretty cool. I will have to pick them up after I finish His Dark Materials.

Craze77
Craze77
813 posts
Peasant

Thats another great series!!

thejoker
thejoker
36 posts
Nomad

yes i like the his dark materials trillogy too.

has anyone read the keepers and seekers series by colin foreman, if not i suggest them.

thejoker

nocookie4u
nocookie4u
53 posts
Nomad

I just finished the series but didnt like the ending. Darren Shan also has another series called The Demonata. Its pretty good and im waiting on teh 7th book comint out in october

xXxTetimaruxXx
xXxTetimaruxXx
418 posts
Nomad

Never even heard of it. Maybe because I live in Canada.

Craze77
Craze77
813 posts
Peasant

Yea, I didnt like the ending either. Im goin to read Darren Shans other series Demonta this year. Is it better then Cirque Du Freak?

spore48
spore48
153 posts
Nomad

Its a freakin sweet series, ive read all of them. in the 7ish book a guy looses half of his face because he got shot in the head with a rifle.and in the second one a the wolf man i think hes called bites of a guys hands so he gates these hooks later.

i recommend them to anyone
and the ending was kinds bad, and weird

spore48
spore48
153 posts
Nomad

sorry for double posting but not gates in the third line but gets

Craze77
Craze77
813 posts
Peasant

Yes that did happen in the 2nd and 7th books.

florglee2
florglee2
1,778 posts
Peasant

i like the resident evil and artemis fowl book series myself, but ill have a look at those.

noobking
noobking
304 posts
Nomad

ive read all but the twelf. dude i cant wait to get it.
have u read all of them. my favorite is when steve kills shancus in the elenth book. its so brutal.

steves my favorite caracter hes messed up man

noobking
noobking
304 posts
Nomad

everyone dont spoil the ending of the twelf book for me.
ARtimis foul is nothing compared to these and the demonata.
But Artimis is good

Showing 1-15 of 33