ForumsThe TavernWhat Do You Think the Future Will Be Like in 100 Years?

11 5257
R2D21999
R2D21999
18,319 posts
Treasurer

It's 2015 and compared to 10 to 20 years ago, we're a lot more technologically advanced. I mean look at this, we're already programming robots, hoverboards no longer exist in movies alone, cars are beginning to drive themselves, and so many other things are happening that our casual lives are changing.

So in 100 years, what will our lives be like then? Are we going to be able to be able to create food from atoms alone? Will we be able to live on the moon? Are we going to be able to clone humans? That is for you to decide.

• 11 Replies
Terry_Logic
Terry_Logic
4,484 posts
Jester

If I'm still alive to see it, we'll know medical technology has advanced significantly.

I've always wanted to have three or four clones of myself. If that technology ever exists, I'm going to abuse it as long as I can afford it.

SportShark
SportShark
2,980 posts
Scribe

In 100 years from now? I can hardly imagine. Progress happens exponentially, but it's quite certain that in a 100 years from now people won't have any freedom or privacy though. No one will be able to run or hide from the hideous machines of the future that run and monitor every second of their lives for them. Unless a huge meteor strikes, or the zombie apocalypse happens (it never will), earth in 100 years will likely be a huge concrete worker bee establishment where everyone is either someone who cracks the whip, part of the repair crew that repairs the spyware that monitors everyone, or a castrated drone that unblinkingly does whatever he or she is told. The disgustingly rich and extravagant elite will rule the earth as they always have, only this time no one will ever be able to touch them because they will be able to control as they have never been able to control before thanks to technology. The future isn't going to be some cutesy sci-fi fling where everyone gets waited on by sexy cyborg women and disease is permanently eradicated; the elite will use disease to get us down to an easily manageable number.

FishPreferred
FishPreferred
3,171 posts
Duke

http://i.ytimg.com/vi/FxoMFgZ9oTo/hqdefault.jpg

100 years in the future, we will have calendars dated 100 years in the future.

Riptizoid101
Riptizoid101
6,257 posts
Farmer

100 years in the future, we will have calendars dated 100 years in the future.

Woah... do you think... do you think there will be humans born today that will be turning 100 years old?!?

StormWalker
StormWalker
8,232 posts
Jester

Well I'll be dead by then so why would anybody care?????//////???,?"???/??/"??":':'':"?:/,l;l;k'ol/aj

Unless some sort of rapid sustainability movement occurs or if the magical INFINITE GREEN POWER solution is found, Earth will probably be some form of a barren wasteland and we'll have turned to interstellar conquest. Population is increasing at a ridiculous rate, so unless we've turned to cannibalism, food resources are going down as well. Listen, I really don't want to be around in 100 years because that's way too long

But if you're talking about with technology and stuff, assuming we've got some sort of good sustainable power, we'll probably have some neat stuff that I can't even imagine. I'm pretty sure people a few centuries ago couldn't even imagine computers, so then think of what kinds of impossible things will exist later.

Of course probably not enough people are going to care about sustainability until people start dying so I predict a bad end.

thesakew
thesakew
203 posts
Jester

Skyscraper covered by plants and trees. City's jungle.

pangtongshu
pangtongshu
9,808 posts
Jester

Truth be told I don't care. Hopefully it is a good future my.children, but besides that meh

GhostOfMatrix
GhostOfMatrix
15,622 posts
Herald

Google self-driving cars have taken over the car industry. Google PC in every household. Google mobile implant for the brain. Everything will become Google.

thesakew
thesakew
203 posts
Jester

Magnetic cars. Iron's streets.

ilikecaik
ilikecaik
2 posts
Nomad

Electronic pencils.

GhostOfMatrix
GhostOfMatrix
15,622 posts
Herald

Electronic pencils.

Or an implant for your finger that allows you to write on anything!
Showing 1-11 of 11