ForumsSupport Forum[Answered] Turn chat off / remove chat

12 3348
Lari_Fari
Lari_Fari
6 posts
Nomad

Hi there,
I can't find a "off"-button to the chat. I can only minimize it, but not shut the chat completely down. Can someone please tell me how to do this?

• 12 Replies
MrDayCee
MrDayCee
14,747 posts
King

There's no way to turn off the chat completely @Lari_Fari, however you can turn off availability as a user, which mutes your chat. Go to the settings and click "unavailable for chat", which should do the trick!

Lari_Fari
Lari_Fari
6 posts
Nomad

Hmm, thank you, but I would like to remove this application as a whole as i have massive lags and disconnects while playing since the chat was implemented. Well, deleting the source code does the trick at least for the ongoing session, but I hoped for a more sophisticated course of action.

To the devs: Please consider implementing a "on-off"-toggle for the chat.

Lari_Fari
Lari_Fari
6 posts
Nomad

edit:
In my setting there is no "unavailable for chat" option. Didn't find something like that in the armor games profile nor in the chat menu.

To the Devs: This needs to be patched, please add buttons your forum supporters expect to be present. Please patch functionality with the games offered by armor games.

Gallimaufry
Gallimaufry
2 posts
Peasant

I have also been having major problems with games freezing or not loading since the ArmorGames chat was added, and know of several other users who have complained of similar issues.

Ferret
Ferret
9,323 posts
Bard

@Lari_Fari @Gallimaufry We're looking into make this happen, it may take a little time. Just to be clear though, when you disable the chat - it doesn't make any calls on your system, and thus will not lag you. Promise!

Gallimaufry
Gallimaufry
2 posts
Peasant

Where exactly is this disable option? I couldn't seem to find it anywhere.

medassin
medassin
10 posts
Shepherd

this chat make entire game slow or no load,plz turn off or remove it else.

Andelhofs
Andelhofs
743 posts
King

@Ferret you should speak me in chat about this... better quick than late

Andelhofs
Andelhofs
743 posts
King

And solution for those who wanna turn off.. first leave the chatroom by clicking leave chatroom and than followed by hide...
1.http://i.imgur.com/FGlv7ti.png
2. http://i.imgur.com/RQFbsxP.png

this is a minor bug and that AG hasn't found yet but now they do and will fix it soon

Ferret
Ferret
9,323 posts
Bard

@Andelhofs Hmm, now I wonder what you found. I won't be in most of today, but you can always e-mail me.

Andelhofs
Andelhofs
743 posts
King

@ferret here you go:

http://i.imgur.com/5nM5sw6.png

When not leaving the chatroom he keeps getting the online list of the current chat.. so when no chatroom is active he don't load that file..

Loading content (every 2mins ?) without using that content is lame.. specially when that content can be loaded when opening chatroom..

Also why you need to leave 2-4 time at once ?? one time is just enough because all you do it let i know twice or more..

More info about chat and malfunctions in chat :-)

ted100fr
ted100fr
3 posts
Farmer

hello sorry but i have the button "off" for the chat but now i can't find the button "on" lol someone can help me please?

Showing 1-12 of 12