ForumsForum GamesShrouds & Magic (RP)

153 38832
Mordex
Mordex
605 posts
Nomad

Dear Student,
Welcome to the Alder-Kast School of Magical Research, even in these trying times we appreciate the commitment you have made in coming here. It is thanks to youth such as yourself that we have a future ahead of us and know that we all appreciate the sacrifices you have most graciously accepted to become a student of this prestigious school. Our time will be a happy and tragic one as we discover ourselves and each other before submitting to the war effort that keeps our strong nation alive. I have high expectations for you and I have no doubt that you will surpass every challenge with the help of our expert and experienced staff. I eagerly await your arrival!

Regards,
Sebastian Pyrrane, Head Magister

Welcome to Shrouds & Magic, as this is a role-play the content will primarily be story driven and story points will be revealed and developed as we continue. There will be character interactions between players so I ask that you respect anything that the other user posts, and if there are disagreements I will settle them. Once we have a few people I will be posting the initial environment for everyone. I hope to have lots of fun and interesting adventures together!
=====================
Character Sheet:
Name-
Age-
Gender-
Race- (Elves, Humans, or similar. I may also allow others, just ask)
Bio: (A description of your character's past, or lack of, and their general personality type. It can be as long or as short as you like)
Appearance: (How your character looks, pictures are welcomed)

If you think I should add anything, let me know and I will consider it

• 153 Replies
wookie1196
wookie1196
856 posts
Jester

"Let's hurry then." I say as I start to walk after the mysterious figure, one hand on my sword as as walk

JACKinbigletters
JACKinbigletters
9,363 posts
Treasurer

(How'd you do? Everything go well?)

"Not really no, this is the farthest I've ever been, I assume you've been all over the world at this stage." I say as I move over to assist her in the cooking.

red303
red303
7,571 posts
Shepherd

I bid the man farewell and move quickly toward the school, looking for some sort of entrance.

wookie1196
wookie1196
856 posts
Jester

Bump

Mordex
Mordex
605 posts
Nomad

(First off, apologize for the wait. I'm terrible at managing my time during the holidays. Second, I am eager to get into the event that I actually took time to develop for this. Without further wait, let us begin again )

Wookie:
Allen follows with a smile bearing as you reach the doors the figure entered, as careful as he can, Allen opens the door avoiding the usual low squeaking such a old and heavy door produced "Woah, all the lights are out." he softly whispers to you in minor astonishment. The halls were normally illuminated by magical flames however someone, most likely the shadowed figure, had put them out plunging the entire interior into darkness. You could however hear the soft thuds of footsteps ahead, the air filled with a utter silence making it easily to tell where from. Luckily the few windows that dotted the walls allowed for a very small amount of light into the complex, just enough to make out the shape of objects but not their details.

JACK:
The look on her face says she is a bit surprised, moving over a bit to give you some room while in the back-round you hear the sounds of cards being dealt and picked up. Say'ri innocently smiles in response of your question, the kind of smile that suggests some kind of delinquency "Being who I am, I was always taken on my parents trips to feasts and balls so I guess I saw plenty of different lands and people, unique to the last one we visited. However I never cared much for the all the boring diplomatic discussions so more often then not I would...explore the places outside of the castle or mansion we stayed at." She seemed rather proud of it

Red:
The town around the school is slowly emptying of people as the night descends upon the city. Making your way to the school, you come upon its main gate which begins to close as you near. A Dark-steel armored man with an open-face hem sees you approaching and orders the other men stationed at the gate to hold it "Evening, I'm sorry but the ceremonies for new apprentices have been concluded. Unless you have some type of documentation, you will have to wait for next years trials." he professionally says looking down upon you

JACKinbigletters
JACKinbigletters
9,363 posts
Treasurer

Noting her reaction I just smile a little, "Hey when you look like I do then you're not welcome in a lot of the places on this plane of existence. Makes it easier to just stay in one place that accepts you." After listening to her preference to explore rather then listen to the boring balls, "If I wasn't such a stickler for a god dance then I'd do exactly the same. That along with all the wonderful food, well dressed company and interesting characters can usually keep me enthralled in an evening. However poking around in places I really shouldn't be has always allured me." I smile slyly as I continue to help with the cooking.

wookie1196
wookie1196
856 posts
Jester

I push forward into the darkness, motioning to Allen for him to stay close as I do.

Mordex
Mordex
605 posts
Nomad

JACK:
She nodded understanding his view, looking up occasionally as gave a little giggle as he finished "Does that mean you are good dancer then? Surely in order to truly appreciate a good dance one must have skill of their own?" she spoke in a slightly sarcastic proper tone as she finished with the vegetables both sliced and diced. Outside the grounds grew dark, the pathways dimly lit by lanterns upon posts along with the nearly full moon. A hearty cheer came from Hurk, the guard throwing his hands in the air "Close one, eh Aren?" he laughed, Aren returned the laugh but it was clear it was a bit bitter "Don't think I'm out just yet." he said with determination "You get the ribs and I'll tend to the pot pie." she said with calm authority as she stepped around you, casting a spark of flames from her fingertips which ignited the wood inside the stove.

Wookie:
You can hear the soft steps of Allen following behind as you navigate the darkness when the outline of the figure can be seen ahead slightly crouched. From the course he is taken, he'll either end up at the office of the Head sorcerer or the Vault that is strictly forbidden except for a few of the highest mages at the school. Whoever this may be, she or he must have great luck or superior skills to have gone unnoticed by the school's watchers.

red303
red303
7,571 posts
Shepherd

Stunned, I pull out the letter. "This is all I have" I tell the man. "The reason I was late was because I live very far out in the woods, and only received the letter recently. Is there any other way I can still join the school?"

Mordex
Mordex
605 posts
Nomad

The guard squints his eyes, examining the letter and his eyes fill with some surprise. He smiles "Actually, that is all you need. You may have missed the ceremony, but there may be time to register your room." he motions you to enter through the gate " I will take you there." You can feel the cold stare of the sentries posted at the gate, their full helms masking their real face.

wookie1196
wookie1196
856 posts
Jester

I lean back toward Allen, trying to keep the individual in sight as I do, "Should we stop him or just keep watching for now?" I try to whisper without alerting the individual.

JACKinbigletters
JACKinbigletters
9,363 posts
Treasurer

I smile to myself before answering, "Well one could say that, I'm not gonna say that I Haven't danced before..." I say leaving the sentence hanging with another small smile crossing my face, "Let's just say there wasn't many opportunities to dance back home." I begin checking the ribs and the pot pie while frying some of the veg basting it in some of the juice from the ribs, putting the rest into the pie. "You seem to use magic with ease, that'll be useful for this place I'd say." Nodding toward to her fire.

red303
red303
7,571 posts
Shepherd

I follow close behind, looking around at the interior of the school.

Mordex
Mordex
605 posts
Nomad

Wookie:
While you can not see his expression, there is clear excitement in his whispered voice "There's two of us and one of him, who knows what he could if we leave him alone." As the two of you are speaking, the shadowed figure takes a turn towards the office.

Jack:
After making sure the fire would sustain itself and heat, she stood back up from her crouched position and brushes her hands off each other with a pleased smile "That's my lineage for you, my family is known for being naturally gifted with pyromancy." A little while afterwards the food is finally all finished, Hurk beat Aren every time during their card game except for one game. With the table set and food cooked, Say'ri carries the pot pie and ribs over first "Food's ready, and stop whining about your loss Aren." she declares while a grumpy Aren replies "Fine, but I tell you he cheats." They rise from their position in the living room to sit down at table.

Red:
The majority of the middle of the school is training fields and various gardens each with its own them of magic. You can see a few older students walking the grounds as the guard takes you towards a building with braziers ablaze in front of its entrance "If you don't mind me asking, how did you acquire that letter of yours?" he asks a little suspicious

wookie1196
wookie1196
856 posts
Jester

"Alright then." I say to him before standing up, "Imprisoning Flames!" I yell to put a cage of fire around the individual.

Showing 136-150 of 153