ForumsForum GamesShrouds & Magic (RP)

153 38864
Mordex
Mordex
605 posts
Nomad

Dear Student,
Welcome to the Alder-Kast School of Magical Research, even in these trying times we appreciate the commitment you have made in coming here. It is thanks to youth such as yourself that we have a future ahead of us and know that we all appreciate the sacrifices you have most graciously accepted to become a student of this prestigious school. Our time will be a happy and tragic one as we discover ourselves and each other before submitting to the war effort that keeps our strong nation alive. I have high expectations for you and I have no doubt that you will surpass every challenge with the help of our expert and experienced staff. I eagerly await your arrival!

Regards,
Sebastian Pyrrane, Head Magister

Welcome to Shrouds & Magic, as this is a role-play the content will primarily be story driven and story points will be revealed and developed as we continue. There will be character interactions between players so I ask that you respect anything that the other user posts, and if there are disagreements I will settle them. Once we have a few people I will be posting the initial environment for everyone. I hope to have lots of fun and interesting adventures together!
=====================
Character Sheet:
Name-
Age-
Gender-
Race- (Elves, Humans, or similar. I may also allow others, just ask)
Bio: (A description of your character's past, or lack of, and their general personality type. It can be as long or as short as you like)
Appearance: (How your character looks, pictures are welcomed)

If you think I should add anything, let me know and I will consider it

• 153 Replies
Mordex
Mordex
605 posts
Nomad

This is actual post, the other was a mistake on my end

eliakith
eliakith
2,419 posts
Blacksmith

Name- Eliakith of Altea
Age- 15
Gender- Male
Race- Runeterran
Bio: A decedent of the runeterrans, Eliakith has an affinity for many different types of rune magics. Because his father, Altea, was killed while Eliakith was only 11, he took to his own for four years before he made his way here.
Appearance: Taking liking to a dark purple shroud, his dark brown hair and eyes are almost never seen. His 5'4 height is fairly tall for his race. Although he looks fit, Eliakith lacks physical strength without the aid of magic.

How's that?

JACKinbigletters
JACKinbigletters
9,363 posts
Treasurer

Name- Drake
Age- 21
Gender- M
Race- Half-daemon

Bio: His father a Human and his mother a Daemon he grew up with violence towards him in the form of discrimination, be it physical or mental assaults from others. He has grown thick skin when it comes to remarks on his bloodline and physical appearance and usually jokes them off. He learned tolerance toward others as he grew up and is loyal towards those who are loyal to him. Fiercely defensive of those he is friends with and will take on any situation no matter the odds if his friends need him. As he grew up he found peace surrounded by nature, preferably in the canopy of trees. As he got older his powers began to flare uncontrollably, at the age of ten his mother began using binding rituals to limit his powers to a controllable level, these bindings are visibly etched into his skin that he keeps covered with his clothing, the strongest marks are under his carapace. His father taught him of Human magic while his mother taught him small parts of Daemon magic, never going into the deeper stronger magic, due to it's destructive nature, his mothers words on the matter were "My son shall not be burdened by the powers forced onto me by my parents." He was never allowed into her personal library of Daemon spells and she only taught him basic magic and theories into Daemon power. His father was a trained blacksmith and excelled in magically infused crafting, something that interested Drake immensely. He casually smokes and is never without his box of cigarettes. (I will remove anything that isn't a thing in the universe.)

Appearance: Wears worn black leather boots, faded red cloth pants, a scratched metal carapace with a red under shirt and brown fingerless gloves to cover his hands. Though standing at six foot tall his body is lean. Raven black and untamed hair top his red tinted skin, the colour of blood that hasn't been washed away fully. A casual smile is seemingly fixed to his face. Twin dark red curved horns protrude from his skull. A muted silver colour his iris. His tale is three foot long and spaded at the end and is a darker red then the rest of his body. His skin colour becomes more blood red the closer to the center of his chest you get, this is due to the ritual bindings absorbing some of his daemon potential.

Mordex
Mordex
605 posts
Nomad

Loving them both guys, I will post a starter story around 1pm today

Mordex
Mordex
605 posts
Nomad

Eliakith:
You stand within the courtyard of the Alder-Kast School of Magical Research, a senior student having let you through the gates of the city-fortress looking school with walls several stories high. You had to navigate through the city outside the school but it was not difficult seeing how much your destination stood out. The senior student is wearing gilded blue robes with a similar cloak over-top with the hood down revealing a freshly shaven, rugged face with light skin and blonde hair. A small smile across his lips "Welcome to Alder-Kast, my name is Jaryl Stromrend and I am head of alchemical development. I trust you are here for the school, right?" he says in friendly and confident manner. All around you are students dressed in various attire travelling from building to building, and in the back a field where a couple of novice magi are practicing spells under a teacher. Literally floating behind the school grounds, sits a tower made of ivory with gilded edges with hovering rocks as the stairway to its entrance.

Mordex
Mordex
605 posts
Nomad

JACK:
You walk along a cobbled path towards the Alder-Kast school, the sun beating down through the cloudless sky. A perfect day to begin the next chapter of your life as your destination lies only a few miles ahead, the huge castle-like school surrounded by a bustling community. You currently are walking the only way into the school without some kind of flying but you are not alone on this journey. Other prospective students walk with you, one of the school's instructor's leading the group. Hardly anyone stands even remotely close to you, even the non-humans but just ahead of you are two people talking to each other, one voice female and the other male. The male wears a long robe while the female where something more akin to what you are wearing, form-fitting bright yellow pants and shirt with a silver chestplate. Her Dark red hair done up in a ponytail, a pair of leather boots stopping just below her knees.

JACKinbigletters
JACKinbigletters
9,363 posts
Treasurer

I pat my pockets before taking out a cigarette and lighting it. Putting it between my lips, I put my hands behind my head and keep walking, my head tilted toward the sky.

red303
red303
7,571 posts
Shepherd

Name- Red
Age- 16
Gender- Male
Race- Elf
Bio: Raised in the woods, Red still has yet to get used to the constant presence of people. He generally listens more than he talks and tries to avoid confrontation when possible. He is more adept with healing magic but can work some other types as well. He hopes to hone his skills and learn more about the outside world.
Appearance: Brown hair and a somewhat pale complexion. Has dark blue eyes and a wary gaze. Usually wears a dark green cloak and hood.

I'll go ahead and join.

Mordex
Mordex
605 posts
Nomad

JACK: The couple slowly outpaces you as the smoke from your cigarette dissipates into the air around you, the group making its way into the bustling town, the street clearing out to let you all pass. The townspeople give you surprisingly less glares than you would expect as one of the other initiates walks purposely next to you, looking forward instead of at you "You seem at peace." he calmly says. Curly brown hair falls just above his shoulders, purple eyes almost radiating as he finally look over at you "My name is Venrin Kallos, did you receive the letter as well? I know some who aren't exactly by choice."

Red:
You see a man trudging through the woods you have called home for many years, his hand griping his side as dark blood drips from his hand onto the dirt path. A black hood hiding most of his features, but he seems to be in his elder years as his wrinkled pale hands indicate. Soft groan emit from under the hood as he limps on, unaware of your presence and the trail of blood he is leaving.

red303
red303
7,571 posts
Shepherd

I move to about a few meters away away from him, wary of the stranger, but still preparing to heal him if he needs it. I ask what happened, preparing to put some of my healing magic to use.

JACKinbigletters
JACKinbigletters
9,363 posts
Treasurer

I glance over to him, studying his features and clothes. I lower my hands and take the cigarette into my hand, flicking the ash to the ground. "It's kind of easy to be at peace when nobody talks to you, the name's Drake." I say extending my hand to him as we walk, flashing him my affixed grin. "Letter? No, my parents thought that this was the best place to teach me, well, whatever it is they teach here."

JACKinbigletters
JACKinbigletters
9,363 posts
Treasurer

(Late edit but Imma change my last sentence to, "Letter? Yeah, my mother was saying that she was going to send me here anyways, she thought it was the best place to teach me, well, whatever they teach here.&quot

eliakith
eliakith
2,419 posts
Blacksmith

OOC: I'm not available between 9:00 and 4:00 EST tomorrow. Just so you know so that you don't force player interactions during that time.

"Greetings Jaryl of Stormrend, I am Eliakith of Altea. You are correct in assuming I am here to join. More specifically, I'm here to enhance my currently adept rune magic. Would you know where I can... Sign up?" I look down to my rune of understanding I drew on a small piece of silver. It's poorly drawn, and silver isn't the best substance for it, but it should suffice for another 2000 words or so. "Please forgive. I'm not native to this language."

Mordex
Mordex
605 posts
Nomad

Red: The hooded man practically falls on one knee, his head rising to look at you. While his eyes are still shrouded by the hooded, you can see blood dripping down his face and staining his snowy white beard. His voice is rough and weak "I was...attacked and couldn't defend myself or.." he coughs blood with a forceful heave. His hand remaining attached to his side while the other has dug firmly into the ground for support "I sense ability in you...if you can..help me.." his voice growing fainter with each passing moment, the forest keeping silent during this encounter.

red303
red303
7,571 posts
Shepherd

I attempt to use my healing magic on him, wanting to help, but still not fully trusting him.

Showing 1-15 of 153