ForumsWEPRDonald Trump

47 29408
Nerdsoft
Nerdsoft
1,266 posts
Peasant

As many of you probably know, Donald Trump wants to become president. And, unfortunately, he's doing quite well. Which is worrying, because he's a vile, offensive psychopath. And that's something not even his supporters can dispute. But what really confuses me isn't why people are voting for him, it's why they think it'll benefit them.

I see a lot of people online saying "Donald Trump is gud businessy men, he fix Uhmerica now" and blithely assuming that his wealth will translate into economic success for the USA in general. The problem is... that's not really true. It's a pretty widely-accepted fact that treating people horribly is a fast-track to financial success.

Seeing the problem here? Is that really who you want in charge?

Apparently, it is for Trump's supporters. Why? Because they think it won't affect them. It's like assuming a burglar won't rob you because you picked everyone else's locks for him. It's narcissistic. And yes, this applies to the wall as well. Everyone seems to assume that the costs of the wall won't affect them, that it's going to be fine because Mexico will pay (lolno).

It's stupid. It's thinking that despite Trump's history of bankruptcies, screwing people over and the usual businessy sort of thing, he's going to do what he did for himself, only for America. He won't. He'll do what he did for himself, for himself again, only more so. Also, a wall? Really? Have you heard of "tunnels"?

This angry rant was brought to you by sleep deprivation.

• 47 Replies
09philj
09philj
2,825 posts
Jester

At least he is not a pathological liar like Hillary.

Trump isn't a liar. Trump is instead involved in copious quantities of bull****. He's not interested in concealing the truth; merely advancing his own agenda.

Trump or Cruz are the only candidates that might give us REAL hope and change.

Bernie Sanders would suggest otherwise.

SamuraiWar42
SamuraiWar42
23 posts
Nomad

I don't agree with Trump but I have to admire his marketing prowess. He's basically causing scenes to get media coverage and all his opponents are focusing on him. He's playing everyone like a fiddle.

Showing 46-47 of 47