ForumsForum GamesThe realms of the dreamer (teamwork RPG)

226 47400
eliakith
eliakith
2,419 posts
Blacksmith

One morning, you awake in a new world. You live life as best as you can in that one, then you wake in another. And another. And then four more, until you enter the first again, in which only one night has passed. Something is wrong, and you intend to set it right. You know that you are slowly going insane, living several lives at once, because the information in your head travels with you, but the items you carry don't. Things are coming to you, like the fact that there are... "Dream daggers?" In each of these worlds, which will allow you to end them. Life will be difficult, but in the end, you will prevail. If you don't, you don't know what will happen.

No introduction. Here's you're char sheet to sign up. You can figure out name, players, and battle style among yourselves.

Name:
Players:
Realms:
Current player:
Current realm:
Battle style:
Exhaustion: 0%
Sanity: 50%
Health: 50/50
(Realm dependent)
Realm pockets (current 3. 3x all-all [20% fail rate]): none

Rules:
1. Play nice.
2. Questions will most likely be ignored. You will figure things out.
3. Have fun.

• 226 Replies
eliakith
eliakith
2,419 posts
Blacksmith

Name: Jack
Players: Loopstratos, JWcgames, Lowco1
Realms: War torn land?
Current Player: Loop_Stratos
Current Realm: War torn Land?
Battle Style: Evasion
Abilities: Teleportation, Shadow Manipulation
Realm Pockets: None

"Glad you made the right choice Jack!" The officer shouts, while running. He's at the front of the group, carrying more then his share of the weapons and supplies. The rest of the group has split off into sections. Some guarding the right, some the left, and some taking glances behind, while most carry the heavy packs. As you weave through trees and foliage, you approach 5 meter high log wall, guarded by lookouts on makeshift catwalks and wooden spikes facing outwards. The officer gives a signal to the lookouts, then the lookouts send a signal below them, before a gate opens up, revealing rows and rows of tents, several log cabins, and a large area for gardens. You and the group rush in, the officer and the back four units guarding everyone else's entrance. As the last five enter, the gates close. You realize that minimal noise was made throughout the entire operation. The soldiers disperse. The officer pulls you aside. "Thanks for coming back Jack. Now, I can question you here and you can answer truthfully, or I can take you to interrogation. I think the choice is obvious. Now, why did you abandon your scouting party?"

Name: Cassandra
Players: Silver199, KatPryde, RazorLash.
Realms: Arcane school, (Mercenary group?)
Current player: RazorLash
Current realm:
Battle style: Defensive.
Suit power: 100/100
Suit regen: 10
Inventory: None.

On your way along the long metallic hallway, you pass several locked rooms, all with the same design as yours. You make the turns you've known since you passed training, and enter briefing. Sergeant Lans greets you, "Welcome private Cassandra. Seeing as you've elected to sleep in, I've decided to extend your shift. That being so, you have two objectives today. Your first is to collect a vial of rift essence from the rift 3 miles north, .5 miles west. Remember to report any anomalies, and deal with any... Creatures. Your second is to scout out the anomoly detected 2 miles north, 4 miles west. If hostile, do not engage. The modules given to you for this mission are located in the armory. Any questions?"

RazorLash
RazorLash
442 posts
Peasant

Current realm:
Inventory: None.
Realm pockets (current 3. 3x all-all [20% fail rate]): non

"No sir." I say waiting for permission to leave. Once given I head for the armory.

eliakith
eliakith
2,419 posts
Blacksmith

Current realm:
Suit modules: Rift resist (-2/turn active), Cloaking (-8/turn active), Energy shield (-suit power instead of health)
Inventory: Energy link cannon (-5 suit power/shot), fortified vial.

"Permission to leave granted." He grins. "Have fun." You exit and head to the armory. Inside is a box with your designation on it. Inside lies a fortified vial, a Rift resist module, a cloaking module, an energy shield module, and a standard energy link cannon. Mission info updated with current location and location of the two objectives. You receive a message from Lans. "Don't get in over your head. You have a cloaking module, use it if required."

RazorLash
RazorLash
442 posts
Peasant

Current realm:
Suit modules: Rift resist (-2/turn active), Cloaking (-8/turn active), Energy shield (-suit power instead of health)

"I will sir." I head out and start for the rift keeping my guard up.

eliakith
eliakith
2,419 posts
Blacksmith

Current realm:

You exit the base, and enter the desolate terrain of the planet. Sadly or thankfully, you can't tell which, you had an uneventful trip. As you approach the rift, you notice the gravity pulling you and the spiders and lizards that make up most the wildlife of this planet in towards it gently. The rift resist module kicks in, compensating for the gravity and keeping you sane. A moment later, the rift shrinks from your size to midget size, and a large spider exits from the portal, also unaffected by the gravity. It appears to be hostile, but it cannot see you, as it exited from the end opposing you.

You: 50/50 Rift spider: 20/20

Loop_Stratos
Loop_Stratos
5,291 posts
Jester

"Honestly, I can only remember being inside a shack, and was asked to go out. After i went out, i was questioned like this here." I say that to him.

RazorLash
RazorLash
442 posts
Peasant

Current realm:

"Sergeant said to deal with any creatures." I take aim with my energy cannon and fire going for a weak point if i know of one.

eliakith
eliakith
2,419 posts
Blacksmith

He stomps his foot. "I thought I told you not to play the fool! Why did you leave your scouting party to die!? This is your last chance!"

Current realm:

You don't know of any weak spots, but as with all creatures that come from rifts, they don't take well to the energy fired from the cannon. You remember it had to do with a type of radiation. The spider recoils, shrivels up, dies, and decomposes as though in fast forward. The rift continues to shrink.

RazorLash
RazorLash
442 posts
Peasant

Current realm:

I grin to myself as the spider decomposes and walk up to the rift keeping my cannon at the ready and collect the sample of the rift.

eliakith
eliakith
2,419 posts
Blacksmith

Current realm:
Inventory: Energy link cannon (-5 suit power/shot), fortified vial (rift essence).

You gather the essence. The rift expands, it's gravity increases, a large creature roars from the inside, before it closes. The gravity created an inverted cone of sand, almost like a funnel. The wildlife is avoiding it like the plague. The essence inside the vial seems to collapse in on itself periodically, before returning to normal size. It's a mesmerizing effect. The mission info panel on your HUD lights up, gives off the "completed" tone, and lights up the scouting mission. Suddenly, the sand in one of the valleys to the east rises notably and quickly, in a serpentine fashion.

Loop_Stratos
Loop_Stratos
5,291 posts
Jester

I try teleporting away.

RazorLash
RazorLash
442 posts
Peasant

Current realm:
Inventory: Energy link cannon (-5 suit power/shot), fortified vial (rift essence).

"Crap best be careful." I mutter to myself before activating my cloaking device. After its on i move toward the new target to the east.

eliakith
eliakith
2,419 posts
Blacksmith

Exhaustion: 20%
Inv: 9mm pistol (2 mags, 24 rounds), Swiss army knife, rope, first aid kit, basic cartography gear, map.

You concentrate the power you got since... This happened, and teleport back to the shack. For a minute or two you were nauseous, but you can see now. Next to your bed lies the pack you left so you could sleep. Inside lies a standard 9mm pistol (you don't know the make and model), 2 magazines (24 rounds) of ammunition for said pistol, a large amount of rope, some basic cartography gear, a map (showing the location of the encampment, several infested areas, and 2 other encampments ~10 miles away), and a larger then normal Swiss Army knife. You hear muffeled scream from the path you took to the base.

Current realm:
Exhaustion: 40%

You go cloaked, and start moving. Not a minute later, a giant worm pops up out of the ground at the exact spot you were at. You note that they hunt by sight, and aren't stupid. You continue your journey, and approach a cliff edge. Below lies what must be the anomoly: a tech meteor. Around what is mostly an escape pod lies many highly reflective parts, which must be what set off the radar. It appears that it crashed because it linked with a second escape pod, but didn't compensate for gravity. Either that, or pirates. Hopefully the first.

RazorLash
RazorLash
442 posts
Peasant

Current realm:

Keeping clocked i move in fora a closer look keeping my guard up.

eliakith
eliakith
2,419 posts
Blacksmith

Current realm:

You slide down the cliff face. As you get in closer, you find the tech on the ground is mostly composed of solar panel parts. You head in towards the two pods, and find that they're fused together, most likely by pirate tech. As such, you note that there might be a couple other tech meteors coming in. Inside the first pod is no body. The escapee must have fled or abandoned ship. The man dead inside the second pod did not have a landing quite as nice. He's barely recognizable as a person, but you notice from the remains of his outfit that he was a private first class. Suddenly, you hear the familiar clicks the Pirates have made their language. You're still cloaked, and inside the pod.

Showing 61-75 of 226