ForumsForum GamesThe realms of the dreamer (teamwork RPG)

226 47484
eliakith
eliakith
2,419 posts
Blacksmith

One morning, you awake in a new world. You live life as best as you can in that one, then you wake in another. And another. And then four more, until you enter the first again, in which only one night has passed. Something is wrong, and you intend to set it right. You know that you are slowly going insane, living several lives at once, because the information in your head travels with you, but the items you carry don't. Things are coming to you, like the fact that there are... "Dream daggers?" In each of these worlds, which will allow you to end them. Life will be difficult, but in the end, you will prevail. If you don't, you don't know what will happen.

No introduction. Here's you're char sheet to sign up. You can figure out name, players, and battle style among yourselves.

Name:
Players:
Realms:
Current player:
Current realm:
Battle style:
Exhaustion: 0%
Sanity: 50%
Health: 50/50
(Realm dependent)
Realm pockets (current 3. 3x all-all [20% fail rate]): none

Rules:
1. Play nice.
2. Questions will most likely be ignored. You will figure things out.
3. Have fun.

• 226 Replies
eliakith
eliakith
2,419 posts
Blacksmith

Name: Jack
Players: Loopstratos, JWcgames, Lowco1
Realms: War torn land?
Current Player: Loop_Stratos
Current Realm: War torn Land?
Battle Style: Evasion
Exhaustion: 40%
Abilities: Teleportation, Shadow Manipulation
Inv: 9mm pistol (2 mags, 22 rounds), Swiss army knife, rope, first aid kit, basic cartography gear, map.
Realm Pockets: None

You teleport, but just as you start, you lurch straight into the large contraption the two people are manning. The officer laughs, and comes up to you. "I knew you'd try a stunt like that Jack. Don't underestimate me." He then gives a shout toward the men, "Back to base!" The trip isn't fun. The wheels on the thing, while they can navigate the terrain, can't do so without jerking you around a bit. You approach base, and the same door opening sequence as earlier goes on. The men slow down as if to stop, before being reprimanded. "Not here. Interrogation." They start moving again with a sigh. You're taken to one of the log cabins, handcuffed, and tossed inside. The officer isn't far behind you. His voice is softer now. "Every time you give me bullcrap, you get a day of detention. Why did you abandon your scouting party? Start talking."

eliakith
eliakith
2,419 posts
Blacksmith

Name: Cassandra
Players: Silver199, KatPryde, RazorLash.
Realms: Arcane school, (Mercenary group?), Desolate world
Current player: RazorLash
Current realm: Desolate world
Battle style: Defensive.
Exhaustion: 45%
Suit power: 100/100
Suit regen: 10
Suit modules: Rift resist (-2/turn active), Cloaking (-8/turn active), Energy shield (-suit power instead of health)
Inventory: Energy link cannon (-5 suit power/shot)

You close the chutes shut. A stream of hot water hits every crevice of the armor, before a freezing gas fills the room. You glass fogs before the process is repeated twice. Then, a door opens in front, leading into the world you love, full of all the scientific gadgets and gizmos you could possibly need. Inside are the same 3 scientists as always. You don't know their names, and you're ashamed of that, but they're nice. They've already collected the vial, and tests have begun on in. Microscopes, centrifuges, atomic prisms, all of the sort are being used. You collect your power cannon you deposited, when one of the scientists notices you. "You gonna take that thing off Cassandra? I don't know if you noticed, but you won't die from exposure to the air in here." The other two giggle a bit, but keep working.

Loop_Stratos
Loop_Stratos
5,291 posts
Jester

Inv: 9mm pistol (2 mags, 22 rounds), Swiss army knife, rope, first aid kit, basic cartography gear, map.

"I don't know how many times i should say this, but: I don't remember one bit of anything, i just know i suddenly am in a house. I'm being honest." I say. I try moving a bit.

RazorLash
RazorLash
442 posts
Peasant

Suit modules: Rift resist (-2/turn active), Cloaking (-8/turn active), Energy shield (-suit power instead of health)

"Yeah i know just haven't gotten around to it yet."

eliakith
eliakith
2,419 posts
Blacksmith

Health: 45/50

He pulls out a pistol and shoots your foot. He stays calm, and replies, "One night of detention total. Would you like to try again? The day is still young. I knew you were a coward. The recruiters didn't see it. Did you run? Was there a rusher? Or did you just try to catch a nap? I need an answer, not excuses."

"Every time!" He exclaims, leaving a lasting smile on his face as he gets back to work. They all move towards a single machine, take turns figurines out the settings, before inserting the vial and crossing their fingers. The machine whirs, and shoots the essence out at a target. For two seconds, a blurry portal opens up, looking almost exactly like it does in Portal. The three of them begin to rejoice, before it closes. A collective sigh, before they all sit down.

Loop_Stratos
Loop_Stratos
5,291 posts
Jester

Health: 45/50

"That was an answer. That wasn't a made up story. I can't make you believe, i guess." I said with a sigh.

eliakith
eliakith
2,419 posts
Blacksmith

Exhaustion: 50%
Health: 40/50

He shoots the other foot. "Have you heard of the game hangman? You're loosing. Give me an answer. Also, two total nights of detention."

Loop_Stratos
Loop_Stratos
5,291 posts
Jester

Health: 40/50

"Must i answer with the truth? That'll get me my death at this point. I could make up stories if you say no. Serious." I say in a more serious tone. Most likely for another shot.

RazorLash
RazorLash
442 posts
Peasant

"Sooo I guess that means whatever you guys were trying to do didn't work? " I say leaning against the wall.

eliakith
eliakith
2,419 posts
Blacksmith

Health: 35/50

He shoots your left hand. "Give me the truth. I count three more shots."

"Well, it started to, but failed after. But we are getting closer. In case you don't remember, we're trying to insert properties into rift essence such that we can create our own portals. These would be controllable, we could fire them anywhere, and move between them simply by walking through. All we have to do at this point is get one fully functional. Afterwards, we simply have to reverse polarity and figure out how to make thunderstorm here," he pats the giant machinery, "smaller. If I remember correctly, you have some scientific experience right? This shouldn't sound like gibberish to you."

Loop_Stratos
Loop_Stratos
5,291 posts
Jester

Health: 35/50

"Then just kill me," I roll my eyes, "It's inevitable."

eliakith
eliakith
2,419 posts
Blacksmith

Players: Loopstratos, jcwgames, Lowco1
Realms:
Current Player: jcwgames
Current Realm:
Sanity: 30%

He shoots you in the head, killing you. A flash goes through your mind. The officer, whose name was Rel, stated that you were executed for beginning a mutiny. The encampment continued on without you, but defenses were tight. Nothing was found to bring a permenant end to the creatures of the dead.

Calling out @jcwgames to take their turn.

Loop_Stratos
Loop_Stratos
5,291 posts
Jester

one misunderstanding does go on a long way :/

RazorLash
RazorLash
442 posts
Peasant

"Well its not total gibberish."

eliakith
eliakith
2,419 posts
Blacksmith

420 posts

"Well, at least you get some of it. Say, didn't you put your energy cannon in the decontamination chamber? That and your modules need to go back to the armory." He starts to look around, presumably to clean something as always, when he turns back,"Of course, you probably knew that."

Showing 106-120 of 226