ForumsProgramming ForumArmorGames Devs beware.

9 6163
TheAngelOfWar
TheAngelOfWar
206 posts
Nomad

Beware of RPG Maker MV!

"Simple enough for a child; powerful enough for a developer."
If you haven't notice RPG Maker games have made a splash in Steam's Greenlight. Not a lot of them are great but those that are sure do shine. With RPG Maker MV I'm sure they'll shine even brighter and without a doubt they'll make better games but clearly the majority will not make the cut. With the new HTML 5 feature to use in browsers they are sure to make their way to AG for better or for worse. The site may be cluttered with crappy games or we'll have a fine set of fresh hot games.

In all honesty I'm pretty ignorant on what HTML 5 actually is, I think it's an engine but I also think it might be something that supports games? Honestly I don't know and I think AG supports HTML 5 now.

• 9 Replies
Miraidematro
Miraidematro
738 posts
Blacksmith

I think AG supports HTML 5 now

Where did you get this information?
I really hope you're right about this...

GhostOfMatrix
GhostOfMatrix
15,622 posts
Herald

Where did you get this information?

Looping in @boppins. They were talking about implementing HTML 5 soon.
Andelhofs
Andelhofs
743 posts
King

Tasselfoot did confirm "html5 games" will being supported.

I'm working in my free time to provide a html5 game to AG.
Html5 like it is called will soon dominate the mainstream of games, of you ask me. More and more flash applications are turned into DOM everyday.

trigon123
trigon123
1,279 posts
Herald

Wow... It's really interesting.

SirLegendary
SirLegendary
16,583 posts
Duke

I don't think AG will be cluttered with "crappy" games. Why? Because every game submitted is run through @Tasselfoot before it goes live here.

TheAngelOfWar
TheAngelOfWar
206 posts
Nomad

@SirLegendary, well I noticed a large majority of players complain about the quality of new games, not too sure if that still stands though.

Tasselfoot
Tasselfoot
802 posts
Chamberlain

Our newest coder monkey, @ventralchaos , has been hard at work on html5 support. Expect us to be ready to start hosting html5 games sometime later this month.

The caveat, as always... just because we support it doesn't mean we'll relax our standards to allow more of that content in. There are very poorly made games in Flash, Unity, HTML5... and everything else. If there is quality content that seems like something you fine folks will enjoy, we'll release it onto Armor. Otherwise, we will politely decline.

IMO, the more tools that are available for people to easily make games, the better. Nobody is a master on the first try, but the more accessible the tools and frameworks, the more people will get into it, and the more likely we'll be to get great new content. Worst case, I get more bad submissions and have to tell developers no. I hate doing that... but it's already a large portion of my day, every day.

Miraidematro
Miraidematro
738 posts
Blacksmith

@Tasselfoot This is great news!
As an HTML5 developper I have to ask if there'll also be an new Armor Games API available?

Tasselfoot
Tasselfoot
802 posts
Chamberlain

Eventually, yes. But it will not be rolled out with the initial support.

Showing 1-9 of 9