ForumsSupport Forum[Answered] ChatBar vs PopOut Window Problems and Bugs

7 2989
Qnopsik
Qnopsik
27 posts
Jester

Hi
I used the AG chat since before the Chatbar was introduces. I liked the PopOut window that allowed me to play the game in one window, and chat in a second.
But there are some issues that should be fixed.

1.) Writing a PM to someone in the same chat room you are.
http://s19.postimg.org/n1t1p9ng3/Screen_Hunter_447.jpg
^ Chat in a PopOut window doesn't allow to send PMes
http://s19.postimg.org/fkf8wb8j7/Screen_Hunter_448.jpg
^ Chat bar allows
It's strange that it works this way when you can popout the PM window too.

2.) PopOut PM window doesn't allow the same functionality that has the ChatBar
http://s19.postimg.org/7qenax0qb/Screen_Hunter_449.jpg
In Popout you can't block ppl that write to you or report ppl that Spam you...

3.) Online/Offline Status when you use Chatbar you have a friendlist that shows Online/AFK Friends, but People usign the Popout windows are Offline always, even when they are in the Chat writing, they are offline in the list.

4.) This probably should fall under suggestion more likely, but ChatBar cloned in all ArmorGames windows can be a bit annoying. I Usually have opened at least 2 AG pages, sometimes even more. I play ClickerHeroes idling to the next level, play LastStand and sometimes some more games at the same time. So having 3 copies of the chatbar is annoying.
So pls add/allow the minimizing of the chat bar on different pages opened at the same time.

• 7 Replies
Qnopsik
Qnopsik
27 posts
Jester

It's almost a week and no info will PopOut window get some Love ?

@Gantic, @Ferret, @MrDayCee could any of you please check if there is even a chance that Popout window will get some attention?

Yours
Qnopsik.

Andelhofs
Andelhofs
743 posts
King

@Qnopsik.
1. Close pm messages
2. Hard refresh
3. Close pm messages
4. Refresh

And following.. about your second thing.. it is a known issue..

About no multiple chats.. it is a known issue..
You can complain but there is nothing that can help.

Greetings

Qnopsik
Qnopsik
27 posts
Jester

@Andelhofs

1. Close pm messages
2. Hard refresh
3. Close pm messages
4. Refresh

Tried - didn't notice any difference. Could you be more specific what to refresh, tried the whole window, tried the popout pm, tried the whole browser... nothing works.
I'm assuming that it was supposed to be a solution to "3.) Online/Offline Status" in the PM List

And following.. about your second thing.. it is a known issue..
You talking about the no options button in PMs? (thats the second thing in the post) Hmmm I tried to search it in forum and didnt got any hits, so maybe my skills are a bit rusty, could you point me to any post thats discussing it?
As for now couple of ppl, contacted my saying nice post, so seems it's not a "known issue".

I was thinking it's a matter of forgetfulnesses, why the button for option wasnt added to the popout PM window. When you use popout pm -> You are authorized, you get new PMs from ppl, you get the info about the new messages, and as Popout chatroom shows adding option for specific users (report / block) is doable.
So I was thinking it's only matter of copying the code from chatbar pm to popout pm, or from popout chatroom to popout pm, and adding the button only...

About no multiple chats.. it is a known issue..

Also didnt get any hits, may you link something?
Also i was sure it's not something to be a problem, instead of global "max/min" (or additionally to it), add a page specific flag, it doesn't need to be saved for later use, it can be added to the script loading of the chatbar - like a state minimaized/maximized. The default value could be the global flag value.

You can complain but there is nothing that can help

So for me all the points from my initial post where a matter of polishing the User-interface, and not something to waste hours of coding , but if thats not the issue, and there are really problems with implementing it, pls state its this way.
Andelhofs
Andelhofs
743 posts
King

@Qnopsik most of things things were discussed in chat itself..

MrDayCee
MrDayCee
14,746 posts
King

@Andelhofs @Qnopsik Sorry for the late reply guys... some issues you addressed are known and worked on already, but I've forwarded it to have it looked at asap, ok? Thanx for pointing it out!

Qnopsik
Qnopsik
27 posts
Jester

Thx for the answer @MrDayCee
Hope they will be sorted out ;-)

Ferret
Ferret
9,323 posts
Bard

@Qnopsik Hey all, this isn't a bug. Just letting you know this is how the feature is currently designed. We appreciate you guys want an enhancement, and we'll put it on the list. Thanks.

Showing 1-7 of 7