ForumsGamesSwords&Souls II: Your ideas!

1403 328223
SoulGame
SoulGame
33 posts
Peasant

Thanks for all your suggestions guys! I'd like to inform you the game design of S&S2 is pretty much done, and I'm glad to tell you that LOT of stuff you mentioned will be in the game
That doesn't include multiplayer, which is impossible for us to make right now.
Here is a short list of the game features:
- World map of the Neverseen to explore. Main path + other side quests locations.
- Town to build and upgrade. Cool NPC to discover and interact with. (Blacksmith, alchemist, in keeper, other weirdos...)
- More dynamic combat system (real time dodge, block, counter, critical, etc.)
- More interesting enemies: attack patterns, abilities and Epic Boss Fight!
- Deeper Hero customization (Male/Female, More skins, skills, abilities, equipment, stats, etc.)
- Evolution in Training mini game with more features to unlock as you progress, more missions, medals, etc.
- 6 Different weapons class to upgrade/equip/loot individually.
- Unique Armor system to collect and upgrade.
- Awesome art and animations improvement
- Pets to catch and rich ally system, they will help you in fights.
- Secrets hidden in the dark...
- TONS of other stuff we want to add if we have time

• 1,403 Replies
komodor
komodor
110 posts
Prince

its always good to get inspired from other games. my answers involves milions of answers

SoulGame
SoulGame
33 posts
Peasant

Thank for all the input guys.

@Kittel Lol for the don't get bitten mini game! Good idea for the win streak for experience, that's a cool way to make battles engaging. Loots & craft & enchanting are cool options that could work well with the game.

@mmmangos You're definitely right about Survival. You're also very right about female hero. This is definitely a must have. I just hadn't the time to add that to S&S 1. You're also right training being repetitive. I shall find a way to make training evolve as you progress through the game. Thanks!

@Derpwho clans wars would be awesome... But Swords&Souls will be a solo experience. MMO are way too hard to create and required a team of dev. We are two...

@LordMayhem yup more armor part, including helmets

@xGunGrave I won't make an idle game I promise ^^ There will no more idle than a bank investment. Skills tree is in the idea list, and I'd love to have a great story (for a change...) with cool characters!

@007Jets: thanks a lot! We could definitely use a better shop... Adding that to the list. And the upgrade bank as well.

@Petar: yay! Dragons. Sure! But baby one... Can't have a giant monster burning all the battlefield

@HPR0406 I wish I could find a cool way to add real time actions in those fights. But I'll probably stick with an hybrid real time/ turn based system. And yes, I'll definitely add female character! Sorry I couldn't in S&S1...

@AEtherwing You're absolutely right. I will try to make possible for the player to customize his combat style.

@Oehtab Thanks More mini games are planned, and I like the idea of building more things in the town. Regarding travel, yes, I would like to add a world map with different location to explore and get out of this Arena.

@kusij01 Yes for the loot system and helmet. And I agree boss could be more epic and unique.

@UzumakiDeh yes customize weapons could be awesome. Like looting runes or gems and use them on your weapon to make it different.

@the3o0 We definitely could use different fighting style. I'm not sure how to make that cool and balanced, but will work on it based on all you guys ideas. Tho, I think I don't want a game were you're stuck with your character. I like the idea of being able to customize and change style when you want. Regarding your second post: Yes, yes and yes! I'd love to have more exploration. Thanks for the super input!

@Devin231 Thanks for your kind words on the game. You advice was super clever. I'm actually very concerned about what to add and not to add in order to prevent the game to be carried away. Don't worry, I'm not gonna go blind and will remain true to my idea of the game. I agree that it should be possible to add custom abilities without ruining the game. I like the synergies you describe, and I want to march towards that kind of nice design. Of course, I want to make many cute and powerful pets. Not only an OP one ^^

To all those who mentioned multiplayer features, I'm sorry but we don't have the skill nor the team required to make that kind of game

Flame159
Flame159
1 posts
Peasant

You should add a multiplayer/co - op.

SoulGame
SoulGame
33 posts
Peasant

A quick recap of the main features we have so far:
Pet system : catching (fight or egg), feeding, training.

Loot system: provide different stats, buff, perks, etc. More armor parts, more customization (craft, enchanting)

Fighting style: different abilities to choose to build your hero more deeply. Synergy with equipment and stats.

Training: more mini-games to train, more evolution to prevent receptivity.

Exploration: World map which consist in many locations to explore (not sure about the gameplay involved here), including dungeons, forests, cave, etc.

Story: An actual story!

Town: More building to build and improve in SoulTown to unlock more content (better shop, better bank, magic academy, sword dojo, etc.)

Hobbies: fishing, gambling, etc.

Please keep in mind those are just thoughts about a possible project. That doesn't mean the game will be exactly like that!

Kittel
Kittel
6 posts
Farmer

@SoulGame Thanks for considering the win streak experience idea! I am also a big fan of having a more diverse character experience. Male or female is a definite for sure. The expansion on ability to explore is very intuitive as well, maybe you could build off of the original map that says "Neverseen --->" In the corner? That would definitely give both games a complete feeling. Perhaps after beating the first game, you can put an option on the corner of the map to "Proceed to Neverseen for Swords&Souls 2!" Or something. Just a thought.

As Devin stated yes, it is very important to build off of the fundamentals on this game without going off and creating something entirely new! Just refine what you already have and give the game some real polish ( not that it already doesn't ) with a few very satisfying new features.

Pet potions and items seem like it might entail quite a bit of extra work, so I would suggest instead of a system for &quotet equipment" you could introduce some sort of pet evolution system. Whereby they evolve after a certain amount of battle experience and training experience combined. ( No need to be fancy, perhaps just changing the sprites colors and adding a few additional attributes and sparkly auras or 'glows' for the more evolved pets. This would cut down on the amount of pets needed, as users would focus more on leveling up each pet they collect to unlock their true attributes and battle potential. Maybe gear the pets around each 'type' offering a different stat buff in battle, like fire = more damage, water = healing, earth = poison/tangle etc you know what I mean. I don't want to ramble. :P But you get the idea.

Giving the person playing a more suitable character experience, hmm. Something like

Skin color
Eye color
Hair/color
"Emblem!" How about an emblem you can create using preset shape/picture combinations that you can color and layer to make your own "insignia?" Which would allow users to personalize all their equipment by adding the option to "Use emblem" on shield, helm etc? Just a thought. It might also be interesting to consider that emblems could add unique attributes or stat boosts depending on the &quotaint color" unlocked or used etc? I know that's getting a little detailed, but the emblem system as a whole could be very neat and compact if you think about it.

Cheers and hope your second creation is as great as the first!

Kittel
Kittel
6 posts
Farmer

@SoulGame Just an additional thought off of my original post and a quick look at your recap. Perhaps you could have a 'tavern' with a bounty board and on the board you could have randomly generated enemies that need to be killed in order to >>> Obtain rare items, rare armor, or big boosts in pet experience, stuff like that! With a randomly generated 'target' system based on the players current level and whatnot. The higher level players get harder tasks with bigger rewards, and it gives newbies the chance to get their hands on 1 or two game changing items that may help them in the future.

SoulGame
SoulGame
33 posts
Peasant

@Kittel I do appreciate how considering you are for development time! Indeed, all those features are fun but very long to create. I think I'll do a kind of level up system for pet, and add graphic evolution if that's possible. Having unique abilities on different pet as you suggested is pretty neat. That would allows each pet to be useful in its own way, depending on the character build. Cool!

I like the idea of the Emblem but as silly as it sounds, that would be super tricky to make
About color: good idea for eyes color, there is already hair color, and skin color can't be changed... they are Souls! (well, i did tried to add some skin color choice in the Alpha version but that was ugly)
Thanks again for the cool ideas!

Edit: I love the bounty board and random target idea ^^

Dwelven
Dwelven
1 posts
Jester

Numbers:
You seem to understand how numbers work, thank god we don't look at "restore 25000 HP" potions etc. very nicely done. The shields have this weird dilemma where they scale exponentially, which means they feel underwhelming at first and only at the end do what they were supposed to do. Maybe switch it for three almost linear upgrades. 50% -> 75% ->87,5% -> 95% and add a reflection attribute for blocks / dodges. People looove stats that scale together.
This brings us to the damage numbers: Also quite ****ing gorgeous, not letting the enemy block, dodge or have armour makes this scaling feel really motivating. However, maybe you can add the mitigation removal also as a stat. again, synergy, having the character go from zero to hero and all that stuff. He starts with no mitigation removal but ends with 100% so every strike hits hard.

Systems:
Character development is quite cool, but I'm still debating whether I would have preferred having choices or not... Looking at the abilities for example. I think it would be ok to give more usable abilities and force players to chose the proper setups for a few encounters. Also, make them a little more "tight". It was really cool to use all these chains, it felt like tanking in a raid and using different rotations, more of that, faster, better, stronger. An Ability that powers up the next one, and ability that reduces the timer of all, or an ability that has 5 second animation so the others recharge, or an ability that is based on luck (only works if you dodge, otherwise useless), or an ability that uses up the poisonstacks to give yourself a shield, or blablabla. I think you get the idea :P. Combat can be improved especially at the beginning.
The shop had too many upgrades. They didn't feel like upgrades at all and it's barely possible to tell them apart (because there's so many). Reduce the amount of upgrades but make them count for more. After an upgrade the next level must feel super easy, the level after can be tough and the level thereafter must be hard. Then you can afford a new upgrade and next level feels easy again, then tough, then hard until next upgrade...
The economy was really cool, but of course really unbalanced because of the "inflation". It felt difficult to understand what exactly the house upgrades were doing and when the interest rate should be pushed (because it actually didn't even matter), so yeah that's also something that could be looked at. Maybe make the house upgrades the main reason for the inflation and not the monsters? It's hard to know... but yeah if you want to go all the way, create a map that gets conquered where players build farms so it's farming == fighting in terms of income.
It's almost 2 am here so I'm not sure if any of this makes sense, but yeah ****ing gorgeous game and the training levels and progression systems were ****ing great. Also **** you, for this last medal achievement. No way more than the 3 chosen ones are going to finish that!

WarriorRenamon
WarriorRenamon
5 posts
Blacksmith

Add a marriage option, where if you get married to certain NPC's you get different buffs and maybe enemies could have pets too and evolution could be like like Req:Soul has 500 speed, pet has 250 speed, and pet should have training too.

TheBro64
TheBro64
1 posts
Nomad

Make ranged attacks more frequent pleaseeeee
I'm in the 1000s at this point for range frequency upgrade and the chance is still around 19%

nederhoff
nederhoff
1 posts
Peasant

More looks and customization, maybe classes?, and longer and more just more!

TheGamerChris
TheGamerChris
1 posts
Nomad

Different types of weapons you can buy. Like elemental weapons and a 10% chance of a sword dropping from a boss

Celter
Celter
1 posts
Peasant

a nonlinear skilltree where different ways lead to victory
pvp

great game!

Kittel
Kittel
6 posts
Farmer

This just came to me while I was making dinner. I understand that training is a must and of course the minigames make it somewhat fun but they seem to become boring after your 1000th sliced apple and 10,000th dodge and so on. So how about, instead of just a simple leveling system for the stat itself. Players are given incentive to train by reaching training milestones that are separate from the training stat increase? Such as "Dodge 1000 apples" is a money prize, "slice 5000 apples" is an experience boost and money and so on. That way, even the long term play for training feels rewarding instead of very repetitive and unnecessary like it did toward the end of the game. Just a suggestion.

lvsrs
lvsrs
1 posts
Peasant

I think a "skin selector" could be even in the first one. Being able to choose between previous weapons would make a lot of customization fans happy. Maybe being able to costumize the weapons with different blades, hilts and collors?

Also, no "perfect combo" missions. they are really frustating. It would be nice to maybe add small details each time a player beats 10 trainig missions, or so. Like golden targets in bow training, or being able to do a second critical attack on critical taining. Excessive training, although necessary, gets pretty boring in late game. Maybe being able to train in different minigames for the same traits?

I love Soul games, and I've been an Armor Games fan since the website is there. Thanks for the amaing games, and please keep up with the good work!

Showing 31-45 of 1403