ForumsNews and Feedbackbanneding all gamemaker games for a certain time

7 4170
bigattck
bigattck
30 posts
Blacksmith

there has been like 7 bad games (which some of them look like its build on game maker), now with Humble success in selling the software there's going to be more bad games.

http://www.pcgamer.com/humbles-game-maker-bundle-is-ridiculously-good/

this will go on spamming the site with many other sites, this is spam development at its worst.

• 7 Replies
FishPreferred
FishPreferred
3,171 posts
Duke

Could you please be clear about what you're trying to say? Exactly which games are you referring to?

Chryosten
Chryosten
17,384 posts
Herald

My understanding is that because of that software (Game Maker), there's going to be an increase of terrible games created by Game Maker on AG. However, I'm not too sure what he means by spamming the site with other sites though. Maybe he means that people will start advertising their terrible games on AG?

FishPreferred
FishPreferred
3,171 posts
Duke

I think I understand.

@bigattck. Armor Games isn't Newgrounds. All games hosted by AG are either hand picked by Tasselfoot, or created by developers working directly for AG.
Also, many good games can be made using that program, so banning them all would be irrational.

bigattck
bigattck
30 posts
Blacksmith

oh thats good know but sometimes there are bad games added (steam rocket is a perfect example of bad game maker development).

Miraidematro
Miraidematro
738 posts
Blacksmith

@bigattck If you're reffering to this game:
http://armorgames.com/play/17841/steam-rocket
I believe it was made in flash.

philimaster
philimaster
491 posts
Peasant

Also, many good games can be made using that program, so banning them all would be irrational.

exactly, it would be like banning nicholas cage from being an actor, he may have been in some terrible films, but also a lot of great ones!
TheAngelOfWar
TheAngelOfWar
206 posts
Nomad

I think that his idea is to put a "sanction" on GameMaker imports for a certain amount of time, not put a ban on the existing ones.

Showing 1-7 of 7