ForumsProgramming Forumart copyrights issue

16 15886
amirrasti
amirrasti
11 posts
Nomad

Hi
as a programmer I always have this issue that the arts (images sounds etc...) that I get from the internet are free to use or not or if not how to be sure ,and how to get the premisstion to use it,by mentioning the artist or..?

and if someone is interested in working with me as artist (image,animation...),please tell me
tnx aloot

• 16 Replies
spaceskeleton
spaceskeleton
55 posts
Duchess

If you're using content from websites that specialize in hosting free to use content, just read their terms of use.

If you wish to use something from other sources, you have to ask the creator for permission. Otherwise they have the right to make you take down your game. It's better not to use things that can't be tracked down to the original creator.
Some artists put a creative commons license on their works which specifically states how their stuff can be used and sometimes you don't need to ask but always credit the creator/source.

amirrasti
amirrasti
11 posts
Nomad

tnx for your advices spaceskeleton ,and about the armor games sponsoring,is it available for developers from iran? and if yes how is the submitting process.
thanks again

weirdlike
weirdlike
1,299 posts
Prince

@amirrasti

First you must know that AG only accepts flash and HTML5 games. Furthermore you must be able to provide a link for tasselfoot to test the game. He is very good at responding quickly M-F at tasselfoot@armorgames.com

amirrasti
amirrasti
11 posts
Nomad

tnx ,and about the Iranian developers?

weirdlike
weirdlike
1,299 posts
Prince

I wouldn't know the full details... As far as I can tell, there is a colorful array of developers that get to showcase their games on this site. So I would say yes, but it would be best to connect with tasselfoot. Good luck.

amirrasti
amirrasti
11 posts
Nomad

and about flash games ,how can a flash developer get the copyright of his works?

well in developer corner- this site -

Flashrights.com

is offered ,but the site doesn't works

weirdlike
weirdlike
1,299 posts
Prince

There is a stipulation where you can copyright the graphics and audio assets, and that is just about it... for the most part, as soon as you publish your game, it is automatically classified as your intellectual property rights, unless someone comes out and challenges your game and provides enough evidence for it to be classified as copyright infringement.

This Article by Steve Chang, Ross Dannenberg is pretty informative.

TheAngelOfWar
TheAngelOfWar
206 posts
Nomad

@amirrasti
I am considering it, what would you have me or someone draw for a "trial" run?

amirrasti
amirrasti
11 posts
Nomad

well my game needs troops , heroes ,defense's etc. .....
for the beginning you can make an example of a sword man (the graphics should be 2d complete body(and you should have the skill to create the animated moves of it)) and emphasize on details of the character plz,
tnx aloot

amirrasti
amirrasti
11 posts
Nomad

you can connect me at amirrasti@outlook.com

weirdlike
weirdlike
1,299 posts
Prince

@amirrasti

I am curious... what program are you using to code your games?

amirrasti
amirrasti
11 posts
Nomad

I'm using swish max 4, its as powerful as adobe

weirdlike
weirdlike
1,299 posts
Prince

Sweet, I had never heard of that program. It looks almost identical to adobe's setup. If it is, then you should be able to handle all the animation with that program. I cant wait to see what you guys create.

huwbert2013
huwbert2013
239 posts
Bard

Hi I do art for games. The copyright is down to the artist themselves. If they have provided the art on a website for free or paid, then they should state clearly what licence the artwork can be used for.

amirrasti
amirrasti
11 posts
Nomad

tnx aloot,
and another thing I really want to know is, If a developer takes some animation characters moves out from the animation (rendering animation to layers cut the character from each layer export it to animation again)
to use it as a character in he/hers game is it possible(legal)? if yes how

from animation characters I mean for example from Disney or dc ....

Showing 1-15 of 16