ForumsForum GamesTOME: L&R signup

21 13950
eliakith
eliakith
2,419 posts
Blacksmith

(For effect, I use music from the show. Links to said music will be in italicized links. This is meant to be played before you continue on reading.)

Music, to be played at preferred volume.

Hello, and welcome to TOME! Over the past year, this massive multiplayer online game has seen thousands of revisions and millions of players! A few bumps in the road and kinks in the armor have been fixed, and the one year marker has been met! For those unfamiliar with the game, TOME is the original virtual reality MMORPG. Featuring unique quests, player shops, meaningful friend system, and more that you can't find in other games! We take pride in our limitless system of customization! You can choose from our preset customization options, or you can draw your own character and make it into a 3D model! Then, choose from one of six classes: Fighter, swordsman, spellcaster, animalistic, mechanical, and morphological. Each has their strengths and weaknesses, so choose wisely. After you finish that, you can follow our improved Libra system! Not only can you choose from the special moves made just for you based on your character, but you can also create and submit your own moves to be adapted to the Libra system! Then, once you feel satisfied with your character's appearance and moveset, you can choose what area to start in. There are three areas: Lavendera, the battle centered area; Mechcity, the social centered area; and Sanctuary, the respite centered area. Once you're inside, the whole world is yours to explore! Join a guild, find your way to the underside, and embark on the mysterious master quest! All this, and more, in the Live and Reloaded world of TOME!

I'm Eliakith, your dungeon master. Hi.

Well, now that introductions are over, it's time to explain...

RULES AND SYSTEMS

General rules:
1. All forum rules apply.
2. Have fun.

Character sheet rules and systems:

Character sheet:

Name:
Description or pic:
Bio (Optional. Not exceedingly important in game, but will determine points of the master quest.)
Class:
Subclass or battle style:
Exp: 0/10 lvl 1
Libra sheet:
0/10 SP, 0 UP, 0 MP
(Moves would go in this area.)
HP: 50/50
Inventory: 1x basic potion, portable healer, Passage privileges (none).
Equipped inventory: Basic weapon of class, basic armor of class.
Bonuses and countdowns: None.

Explanation of above sheet.

Description is helpful ONLY when you include height, body type (sleek? Muscular? Rounded? Agile? Squarish?) and unusual features (One small wing? Missing the palms of your hands? Single strand of hair points straight up?).

Pictures can be used in place of a description. This will be taken out of your character sheet in the first post I make.

The class section is fairly self explanatory. Choose from one of the six general classes.

Fighter. Only suitable for characters who fight with their hands and feet. Maybe a little bit of magic, or a gadget or two, but you are your main weapon.

Swordsman. Your weapon is your ally. Whether it's a katana, tank sword, hammer, bow, or pair of daggers, this weapon and maybe a tactical spell or two is what sets you above the rest.

Spellcaster. Controllers of light, fire, lightning, and anything in between fall into this category. Doesn't matter if you get in close to shoot a pulse of water out your body or stay back and let your summoned undead do the fighting, your advantage lies in sheer damage.

Animalistic. Humans with animal elements or animals with human elements enter this category predominantly over fighter. Your senses, speed, reflexes, and fear tactics lend you a hand in obliterating your opponent by claw, tooth, talon, or paw.

Mechanical. Robots, cyborgs, and androids make their way here. Fancy gizmos, hidden blades, and laser shooters crush, kill, and destroy.

Morphological, The most versatile of classes. If you have your slab of metal, bag of sand, or even your own body with you, you can change your tactics in battle faster then... I make a good analogy. Your unpredictability makes you a valuable teammate.

Subclass section is just for you to make. Priest, tanker, cobra assasin, etc., is yours to figure out yourself. This determines what kind of moves I suggest.

The Libra sheet has a lot going on.
You have skill points, earned every other level to equip skills; Upgrade points, earned every level, used to upgrade current skills (refundable); and mastery points, earned every ten levels, used to add an effect to a current move.
Then, you have the moves (or skills, I use the terms interchangeably) section. Here you can submit moves for your character, which will be assigned a skill point cost. If you don't want to go through the work of making your own moves, I can supply a substantial list for you to choose from. All move submissions should be in this format:

(Damage, range, effects [tier 1], type X)
Low Melee Psn Lux
Med Short Frz Void
High Med Brn Pyro
Extreme Long Etc Terra
Extreme Aqua
Etc.

No God moves.

Example character sheet:

Name: Eliakith
Description: A 5"11 man who lacks physical strength, as shown by his fragile looking body. Embroidered purple robes shroud his face. His ragged hands are only visible when he uses a staff.
Class: Spellcaster
Subclass: Void assassin
Libra sheet:
10/10 SP, 0 UP, 0 MP
Darkshot (low, long, med attack when attacking from behind, 1)
Voidbolt (high, short, 2 turn cooldown, 2)
Voidburst (med, short, AOE full, 3)
Terror (Summon max. 2, low, low, 15/15, can teleport, void, 4)
Equipped inventory: Old void infused staff, lightweight robes.
Bonuses and countdowns: small boost to speed.

You'll always be told what to do next if your lost with your character sheet, so don't fret.

With that, you're ready to sign up. When I say you're ready to start, post in the main thread with your character sheet and the location at which you wish to spawn.

Q&A:

Q. Who is the bio of? My character out of game or in game?

A. The character in game.

Q. Suppose I want to chat with another player. Can I reply without a facilitation post from you?

A. Yes you can. You cannot do battle with another player without a facilitation post though.

Q. Can I use a weapon without a skill for it?

A. No. That is not how the game works. However, swords are swords, staffs are staffs, etc.

Q. How does one make the Skill Point MAX higher?

A. As stated in the libra sheet section, skill points are earned ever other level.

Q. Can one suggest moves after signup?

A. Yes. There is nothing stopping you from suggesting moves to fill in extra points.

Q. Can I take out and add in skills as I wish?

A. Yes, so long as you stay at or below max skill points.

• 21 Replies
eliakith
eliakith
2,419 posts
Blacksmith

Name: Nivlac
Description or pic: 5"10 slim man, wears red robes, has black eyes and black hair
Bio: Nivlac is a self taught wizard and he learned his magic from books and scrolls. He chose to learn the most raw from of magic, arcane magic.
Subclass: Arcane Wizard
Libra sheet:
7/10 SP, 0 UP, 0 MP
Blink [N/A, Short, Teleport T1, 2]
Magic Missile [Medium, Medium, AOE small (selected), 3]
Arcane Shield [N/A, Short, Shield AOE T1, 2]
Arcane bolt [low, low, amr pierce T1, 2]
Arcane blast [low, med, 1]
Equipped inventory: old Arcos infused staff, lightweight robes.
Bonuses and countdowns: +1 armor, +1 speed

Look good to you? Or do you want different options?

Name: Keket Vix
Description (pic page 1): Her hands and feat can turn into white fox paws and the tip of her tail is red.
Bio: Keket's father was guard for a king. Her mom was an assassin that worked for the spymaster of the same king. Keket has learned things from both of her parents. She wishes to use her skills and her family's connections to go on adventures.
Class: Animalistic
Subclass or battle style: Poison shredder
Libra sheet:
10/10 SP, 0 UP, 0 MP
Stoneskin (N/A, self, +defense 3 turns, 3)
Poisoned tips (Med, melee, psn T1, 3)
Cross swipe (low, short, x2, 2)
Lacerate (N/A, melee, bleed T1, psn T1, 2)
Equipped inventory: none.

Right up there just under the libra sheet section is your Skill Points (SP). It shows you how many points you're using. You okay with these two? If not I'll give you a fully fleshed out list.

Name:Zexed
Description or pic:5'10" slightly slim, white hair, purple eyes, typically wears leather armor with steel plates embedded on important areas(I.e. The chest, upper arms, forearms, and shins), and carries a shortsword in right hand.
Class: Swordsman
Subclass or battle style: speed demon
Libra sheet:
10/10 SP, 0 UP, 0 MP
Speed boost (none, self, + to speed for 3 turns, 3)
After Image (N/A, self, Evade, 3)
Quick Slash (low, melee, 1)
Blade fury (low, melee, repeat X2 (3 10%), 3)
Bonuses and countdowns: +1 to speed

Not to be a dirtbag, but punctuation. Please:

Anyway, you check out. Post in the main thread with your char sheet and preferred spawn area.

nivlac724
nivlac724
2,555 posts
Shepherd

Name: Nivlac
Description or pic: 5"10 slim man, wears red robes, has black eyes and black hair
Bio: Nivlac is a self taught wizard and he learned his magic from books and scrolls. He chose to learn the most raw from of magic, arcane magic.
Subclass: Arcane Wizard
Libra sheet:
7/10 SP, 0 UP, 0 MP
Blink [N/A, Short, Teleport T1, 2]
Magic Missile [Medium, Medium, AOE small (selected), 3]
Arcane Shield [N/A, Short, Shield AOE T1, 2]
Arcane bolt [low, low, amr pierce T1, 2]
Arcane blast [low, med, 1]
Equipped inventory: old Arcos infused staff, lightweight robes.
Bonuses and countdowns: +1 armor, +1 speed

Seems great, Posted in the main thread.

StormDragon
StormDragon
4,584 posts
Peasant

Name: Keket Vix
Description (pic page 1): Her hands and feat can turn into white fox paws and the tip of her tail is red.
Bio: Keket's father was guard for a king. Her mom was an assassin that worked for the spymaster of the same king. Keket has learned things from both of her parents. She wishes to use her skills and her family's connections to go on adventures.
Class: Animalistic
Subclass or battle style: Poison shredder
Libra sheet:
10/10 SP, 0 UP, 0 MP
Stoneskin (N/A, self, +defense 3 turns, 3)
Poisoned tips (Med, melee, psn T1, 3)
Cross swipe (low, short, x2, 2)
Lacerate (N/A, melee, bleed T1, psn T1, 2)
Equipped inventory: none.

I'm good with those ideas. I should probably start out in one of the cities. One that would fit with my bio.

eliakith
eliakith
2,419 posts
Blacksmith

Yep. You're ready to start. Post in the main thread with you char sheet and the area you want to spawn in.

Empress_Esmera
Empress_Esmera
1 posts
Nomad

Name:Lady Esmera
Description or pic:about 5'3", slender build, with pixie-like features, short blue hair, purple eyes, small, thin vertical scar directly under left cheekbone just past the eye. Generally carries body length staff in left arm and Katote-uchi in other hand
Bio: Abandoned on the steps of what appeared to be a monastery, it was in fact the home of the person known only as The Flame Enchantress by all others. She took Esmera in and trained her to be her successor. Esmera, now the last of this Ancient Art, roams TOME in search of fulfilment.
Class:Spellcaster
Subclass or battle styleblue)Flame Enchantress
Libra sheet:
Flame Burst (low,short,AoE full, )
Backstab (med,melee,requires Stealth or proper position you(Eliakith) choose, )
Flame Sprite t1 (summon(max 3), Sprite stats [low, short, 10HP])
Meteor Strike (low, long, )
Attack Boost (N/A,N/A, gives half-die boost to attacks to up to 3 characters for 2 turns, )
Smokescreen (N/A, full med range, gives Stealth to both players for 2 turn cycles, )
0/10 SP, 0 UP, 0 MP
(Moves would go in this area.)

Definition: Stealth-while player has Stealth, opposing player has 1/3 chance of hitting player with Stealth. Stealth is automatically removed when player with Stealth attacks.

@Eliakith , how's this?

eliakith
eliakith
2,419 posts
Blacksmith

Name:Lady Esmera
Description or pic:about 5'3", slender build, with pixie-like features, short blue hair, purple eyes, small, thin vertical scar directly under left cheekbone just past the eye. Generally carries body length staff in left arm and Katote-uchi in other hand
Bio: Abandoned on the steps of what appeared to be a monastery, it was in fact the home of the person known only as The Flame Enchantress by all others. She took Esmera in and trained her to be her successor. Esmera, now the last of this Ancient Art, roams TOME in search of fulfilment.
Class:Spellcaster
Subclass or battle style: Blue Flame Enchantress
Libra sheet:
12/10 SP, 0 UP, 0 MP
Flame Burst (low,short,AoE full, 2)
Backstab (med,melee,requires Stealth, 2)
Flame Sprite t1 (summon(max 3), Sprite stats [low, short, 10HP] 1)
Meteor Strike (low, long, 2)

Attack boost (+25% attack to party for 2 turns, 3)
Attack Boost (+50% attack to target for 3 turns, 3)

Smokescreen (N/A, full med range, gives Stealth to both players for 2 turn cycles, 2)

I'm redefining stealth to be useful for bother players.

Stealth: A stealthed player has a dodge chance of 50%. A stealthed play deals + 25% damage on their stealth attack. After attacking, the player loses stealth.

I'm giving two different options for attack boost, as the original is too over powered.

@altrivotzck Your post REALLY needs work. Please read the whole opening post, and if you're still confused, read one of the other people's signups.

Showing 16-21 of 21