ForumsForum GamesThe world of TOME: L&R (Main thread)

272 69828
eliakith
eliakith
2,419 posts
Blacksmith

If you're here and you do not have a character sheet, please go here.

Otherwise, here is where you post and play. Have fun!

• 272 Replies
wookie1196
wookie1196
856 posts
Jester

Name:Zexed
Description or pic:5'10" slightly slim, white hair, purple eyes, typically wears leather armor with steel plates embedded on important areas(I.e. The chest, upper arms, forearms, and shins), and carries a shortsword in right hand.
Class: Swordsman
Subclass or battle style: Speed Demon
Bonds: Nale (acquaintance)
Exp: 0/20 lvl 2
Libra sheet:
10/10 SP, 0 UP, 0 MP
Speed boost (N/A, self, + to speed for 3 turns, 3)
After Image (N/A, self, Evade, 3)
Quick Slash (low, melee, 1)
Blade fury (low, melee, repeat X2 (3 15%), 3)
HP: 44/60
Inventory: 1x basic potion, portable healer, Passage privileges (none), 1 encrypted knowledge nugget, small bit of glowing silver, 100 gold, Map of eastern Mechcity.
Equipped inventory: Rusty sword, old enhanced leather armor
Bonuses and countdowns: +1 to speed, +3 to movement. POTIONS: 1.5 turns (entire battle) +3 to total DMG/hit (entire battle)

I'll use Quick Attack on one of the gold elementals in order to distract it

StormDragon
StormDragon
4,584 posts
Peasant

Name: Keket Vix
Description:
Her hands and feat can turn into white fox paws and the tip of her tail is red.
Bio: Keket's father was guard for a king. Her mom was an assassin that worked for the spymaster of the same king. Keket has learned things from both of her parents. She wishes to use her skills and her family's connections to go on adventures.
Class: Animalistic
Subclass or battle style: Poison shredder
Exp: 0/10 lvl 2
Libra sheet:
10/10 SP, 1 UP, 0 MP
Stoneskin (N/A, self, +defense 3 turns, 3)
Poisoned tips (Med, melee, psn T1, 3)
Cross swipe (low, short, x2, 2)
Lacerate (N/A, melee, bleed T1, psn T1, 2)
HP: 60/60
Inventory: Paper detailing inscribed old coin and location where it was found, 3500 gold, 10x basic potion, portable healer, Experience potion(5exp) , Passage privileges (none).
Equipped inventory: none.
Bonuses and countdowns: none

I think I will use my one lonely UP towards upgrading Cross Swipe.

OOC: I realized that the character sheet wasn't updated so I attempted to do so. I hope you don't mind.

eliakith
eliakith
2,419 posts
Blacksmith

Description:
Bio: Keket's father was guard for a king. Her mom was an assassin that worked for the spymaster of the same king. Keket has learned things from both of her parents. She wishes to use her skills and her family's connections to go on adventures.
Exp: 3/15 lvl 2
Libra sheet:
10/10 SP, 0 UP, 0 MP
Cross swipe (low, short, x2(3 20%), 2)
Inventory: Paper detailing inscribed old coin and location where it was found, 3500 gold, 10x basic potion, portable healer, Experience potion(5exp) , Passage privileges (none).

You upgrade Cross Slash to give it 20% chance to hit three times. What now?

Description or pic:5'10" slightly slim, white hair, purple eyes, typically wears leather armor with steel plates embedded on important areas(I.e. The chest, upper arms, forearms, and shins), and carries a shortsword in right hand.
Exp: 0/15 lvl 2
Libra sheet:
10/10 SP, 0 UP, 0 MP
Inventory: 1x basic potion, portable healer, Passage privileges (none), 1 encrypted knowledge nugget, small bit of glowing silver, 100 gold, Map of eastern Mechcity.
Bonuses and countdowns: +1 to speed, +3 to movement. POTIONS: 1.5 turns (entire battle) +3 to total DMG/hit (entire battle)

You hit the gold elemental for a whopping 6 damage, but fail to distract it. Thai helps you out by finishing it off. The rest of them combine their attacks and obliterate Gain. THis forces him to drop his loot, but Sui manages to pick it up before it disappears.

gold elementals: 35/40 35/40
platinum elementals: 45/50 31/50

Gain 0/60(dead)
Sui 12/60
Thai 70/70

Name: Jegan
Description (Pic Page 1): 1.8 meters in height, and with the back thruster removed. Wears a cape for looks outside of combat.
Bio: It was once a wearable armor set. It then was given an orderable AI. Shortly before the creator passed away, it was given an advanced AI. It's made to act as much as human as possible. It then was set free with quite a lot of knowledge.
Class: Mechanical
Subclass or battle style: General-Purpose
Exp: 8/10 lvl 1
Libra sheet:
10/10 SP, 0 UP, 0 MP
Normal Shot(Med, Med, 2)
Snipe(High, long, 4)
Quick Attack(Low, Melee, Sprintable, 1)
Combo(Med, Melee, X2 (x3 10%), 3)
HP: 13/50
Inventory: Five health potions, portable healer, Passage privileges (none), old canister grenade, 350 gold,
Equipped inventory: Hardened Laser Dagger, basic Light shield, old Beam Rifle, 3-slot hand grenade holster(1/3), Middle weight class mech.
Bonuses and countdowns: +2 armor, +2 speed, +1 attack, T1 block

You jump back to long range, but miss your snipe. Codeth then tries to attack you with Solar Hail, but you manage to block it.

Codeth 37/60

StormDragon
StormDragon
4,584 posts
Peasant

Description:
Libra sheet:
10/10 SP, 0 UP, 0 MP

I head to the place where I found that coin and see if I can find anything of interest.

Loop_Stratos
Loop_Stratos
5,291 posts
Jester

Description (Pic Page 1): 1.8 meters in height, and with the back thruster removed. Wears a cape for looks outside of combat.
Bio: It was once a wearable armor set. It then was given an orderable AI. Shortly before the creator passed away, it was given an advanced AI. It's made to act as much as human as possible. It then was set free with quite a lot of knowledge.
Libra sheet:
10/10 SP, 0 UP, 0 MP
Normal Shot(Med, Med, 2)
Snipe(High, long, 4)
HP: 13/50
Inventory: Five health potions, portable healer, Passage privileges (none), old canister grenade, 350 gold,
Equipped inventory: Hardened Laser Dagger, basic Light shield, old Beam Rifle, 3-slot hand grenade holster(1/3), Middle weight class mech.

I snipe, and after that i jump back.

wookie1196
wookie1196
856 posts
Jester

Libra sheet:
10/10 SP, 0 UP, 0 MP

I'll use Blade Fury twice on the platinum elemental that has 31 HP

eliakith
eliakith
2,419 posts
Blacksmith

Description:
Libra sheet:
10/10 SP, 0 UP, 0 MP

You enter Lavendera and return to the location where you spawned. Only thing that stands out is the player shop you noticed and the tracks of the group of swordsmen.

Libra sheet:
10/10 SP, 0 UP, 0 MP
Normal Shot(Med, Med, 2)
Snipe(High, long, 4)
HP: 3/50

You deal 4 dmg, but Codeth keeps up with you and casts solar hail again, taking you down to three health.

Libra sheet:
10/10 SP, 0 UP, 0 MP

You completely obliterate it. Sui and Thal destroy the other one, and thalk throws a potion at Sui, healing her for 30 health.

gold elementals: 35/40 35/40

Gain (dead): 0/60
Sui: 42/60
Thal: 70/70

wookie1196
wookie1196
856 posts
Jester

Libra sheet:
10/10 SP, 0 UP, 0 MP

I'll use Blade Fury on one of the gold elementals

Loop_Stratos
Loop_Stratos
5,291 posts
Jester

Libra sheet:
10/10 SP, 0 UP, 0 MP
Normal Shot(Med, Med, 2)
Snipe(High, long, 4)
HP: 3/50

(not going well. I can take and make skills anytime right?)

I snipe and jump back again.

StormDragon
StormDragon
4,584 posts
Peasant

Description:
Libra sheet:
10/10 SP, 0 UP, 0 MP

I go to the player shop to see what they sell.

eliakith
eliakith
2,419 posts
Blacksmith

I know it's been three weeks. I'm still here. I've been with family so much that when I'm not, I have to catch up on school. I made some time and got this update ready. Over spring break and summer I'll post more often.

Exp: 11/20 lvl 2
Libra sheet:
10/10 SP, 0 UP, 0 MP, 1 LEGEND point
Inventory: 1x basic potion, portable healer, Passage privileges (none), 1 encrypted knowledge nugget, small bits of glowing (copper, silver, gold, and platinum), 100 gold, Map of eastern Mechcity.
Bonuses and countdowns: +1 to speed, +3 to movement.

Legend point: Stays on your character as a measure of feats. NPC quests will be more favorable to you.

You kill the last one, as Sui and Thal finish off the other. +11 EXP! +1 Legend point! The barrier lifts and you all climb up the ropes and head back into Lavendera proper. "Well, that was exciting!" Sui comments with sarcasm pooling up below her mouth. "-'ve thrown a potion. That was foolish of me." Thal comments in retrospect. "Thanks for your help. Let's go find Gain, and regroup." Sui says, taking command. You all walk uneventfully to sanctuary spawn, where you find Gain waiting. "How'd it go?" He asks. "Perfectly fine. We made out like bandits. I got your loot," she says as she hands over a gold nugget and a silver nugget, "Mine's right here," she says showing off a gold, silver, and copper nugget,"you don't need to get worked up over anything." "-ave mine." Thal says, showing his copper and gold nuggets. "So? Let's see yours, then we'll head to the blacksmith to get these forged."

Libra sheet:
10/10 SP, 0 UP, 0 MP
Normal Shot(Med, Med, 2)
Snipe(High, long, 4)
HP: 50/50
Inventory: Five health potions, portable healer, Passage privileges (none), old canister grenade, 650 gold,

You can change your moves whenever you want, as long as you stay within point limits of course.

You deal 7 dmg, before he uses one last solar hail to finish you off. You're healed back up. "Eliminated." Reads the screen, before you're transported out back to the training room. There's a readout in your console, "Received gold: 300" The lady who signed you up makes her way to you. "Aww. I was rooting for you. Ah well. The actual tournament will start soon if you want to watch, not that you have to." Another contestant is eliminated on your right, and she makes her way there, waving to you as she leaves. You're left with one question. Where to next?

Description:
Libra sheet:
10/10 SP, 0 UP, 0 MP

You walk up, and notice the shop owner, a paladin fully clad in armor, is out cold. On his stall are signs, jewels, lace, runes etched in Pypus, and a mini construction obelisk. You read the sign, concentrating over his snoring.

"Welcome to my charm shop. I'm most likely asleep, so figure out what you want before waking me."

"NEW! Running a special on unique loot. Ask me about it when I'm awake!"

Sapphire: 100g
Ruby: 150g
Emerald: 200g
Diamond: Out of stock (pasted over 300g sign)
Basic lace: 50g
Thamus lace: 200g
Enhanced Thamus lace: 500g
Any tier one Pypus rune: 200g
Any tier two Pypus rune: 1000g
Any tier three Pypus rune: 3000g

You're unfamiliar with the charm system, so you look around. You find a comprehensive pamphlet to the right of the obelisk, and read that too.

"Jewels enhance damage for an attack you bind it to. Lace increases the chance of the bonus happening. Pypus runes can be melted onto jewels to add status effects to them. If you have two or more jewels, there's a chance that the obelisk will fail. Better obelisks can use more jewels without fail."

Loop_Stratos
Loop_Stratos
5,291 posts
Jester

Libra sheet:
10/10 SP, 0 UP, 0 MP
Normal Shot(Med, Med, 2)
Snipe(High, long, 4)
Inventory: Five health potions, portable healer, Passage privileges (none), old canister grenade, 650 gold,

Can i replace Normal Shot with Burst Fire(Low, Med, Hits 3 times)?

I head to sanctuary and go to the NPC quest board.

wookie1196
wookie1196
856 posts
Jester

Libra sheet:
Inventory: 1x basic potion, portable healer, Passage privileges (none), 1 encrypted knowledge nugget, small bits of glowing (copper, silver, gold, and platinum), 100 gold, Map of eastern Mechcity.

I hold out my copper, gold and platinum bits for them to see, "I think i did well, how about you?"

nivlac724
nivlac724
2,555 posts
Shepherd

Name: Nivlac
Description or pic: 5"10 slim man, wears red robes, has black eyes and black hair
Bio: Nivlac is a self taught wizard and he learned his magic from books and scrolls. He chose to learn the most raw from of magic, arcane magic.
Class: Spellcaster
Subclass: Arcane Wizard
Exp: 0/10 lvl 1
Libra sheet:
10/10 SP, 0 UP, 0 MP
Blink [N/A, Short, Teleport T1, 2]
Magic Missile [Medium, Medium, AOE small (selected), 3]
Arcane Shield [N/A, Short, Shield AOE T1, 2]
Arcane bolt [low, low, amr pierce T1, 2]
Arcane blast [low, med, 1]
Inventory: 1x basic potion, portable healer, Passage privileges (none).
Equipped inventory: old Arcos infused staff, lightweight robes.
Bonuses and countdowns: +1 armor, +1 speed

Eliakith, since I returned to AG I will continue this. It would probably be easier to stat over with me so let's do that, but I will keep my character.

eliakith
eliakith
2,419 posts
Blacksmith

I know it's been a long time. I'm still here, I have not forgotten. I've had trouble with the site on mobile with deleting my posts as they are uploaded, and I have lost about three hours to it already.

Libra sheet:
10/10 SP, 0 UP, 0 MP
Burst fire (low, med, 3, 25% miss chance, 2)
Snipe(High, long, 4)

Rebalanced, but added.

You head to the quest board and find several quests by NPCs, and one by a player.

Invisible thief (South side Mechcity near airship docks, 2000 g reward dead or alive. Meet the man on the bench.)
Missing manager (center Lavendera, whatever reward the manager gives you, I'm just a clerk- I have no clue how to do this!)
Undead pest control (NPC other district Mechcity, reward is a package of specialty grenades (3000g value), meet the manager out back)
Coin search (meet at Mechcity-Lavendera border, the pairing of the coins is reward enough, I'm the red haired one with the giant sword.)

Libra sheet:

Gain and Sui stop for just a second. "No one dropped anything." Sui states. "-n't pass any thieves." Thal states. "That's really odd. Why'd we fight an extra platinum elemental?" "I don't know, but we did and it's over. Let's not worry about it." "-concur." You all head over to the blacksmith and ask for four different ingots. The blacksmith says no charge to forge into ingots, but for any item there's gonna be major labor costs. You all nod and walk away. Thal stops for a second and etches runes on the ground. "Item protection." He explains. "Well, I suppose we'll all come back here in a while, right? The blacksmith will take his time no doubt, and we all have places to go and things to do." "Yeah, but it's not like we can't all meet up for another quest at some point. Right Thal?" Gain says looking to his right where there is a distinct lack of Thal. You didn't notice him leave either. "Oh. He has things to do then. Ah well, see you later Zexed!" Gain says, holding his hand out.

Name: Nivlac
Description or pic: 5"10 slim man, wears red robes, has black eyes and black hair
Bio: Nivlac is a self taught wizard and he learned his magic from books and scrolls. He chose to learn the most raw from of magic, arcane magic.
Class: Spellcaster
Subclass: Arcane Wizard
Exp: 0/10 lvl 1
Libra sheet:
10/10 SP, 0 UP, 0 MP
Blink [N/A, Short, Teleport T1, 2]
Magic Missile [Medium, Medium, AOE small (selected), 3]
Arcane Shield [N/A, Short, Shield AOE T1, 2]
Arcane bolt [low, low, amr pierce T1, 2]
Arcane blast [low, med, 1]
Inventory: 1x basic potion, portable healer, Passage privileges (none).
Equipped inventory: old Arcos infused staff, lightweight robes.
Bonuses and countdowns: +1 armor, +1 speed

Alright. You spawn in Mechcity main square in front of the stadium. There are a bunch of posters for various tourneys, hosted here or at private venues. Behind you is a nice open park where a party is conversing. You start to breathe in through your nose, and stop when you notice the smell of smoke from machines elsewhere in the city. On your left and right is a continuation of the Main Street, where battles and bets are taking place. Where to?

Showing 181-195 of 272