ForumsGamesFar Cry Primal

7 3147
thebeast782
thebeast782
63 posts
Nomad

Wow... just wow... this looks awesome.

Takes place around 10,000 BC i think. Makes you question what's more dangerous, man or animal. In the last two games... animal. But now, there are also humans on your level. And comes out Febuary 23th, 2016. in about 4 months. Nice surprise.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LJ2iH57Fs3M

1. What area does this take place. Sure it's not importent. But it would be nice to know. Appearantly this takes place in the land of Oros. Which i guess is like, France, Chile due to those mountains. Or maybe the heavy woodlands and fjords of Norway.

2. How are the weapons going to work? Yeah, we got spears and bows. But what else? Sure, clubs, mallets, stuff like that. But, for the stone age, you don't have much to work with.

3. *LIVE UPDATE* Just pre ordered.

• 7 Replies
philimaster
philimaster
491 posts
Peasant

looks petty shrektacular

Demonakinale
Demonakinale
38 posts
Templar

From some basic research, it seems that Oros is a completely fictional location with "redwood forests, harsh taiga, and humid swamps". Based on further research, taiga climates are found at high northern latitudes between 50 and 70 degrees in regions such as: Canada, Russia and Scandinavia. As for redwood forests, it is researched that they existed in Asia, Europe and North America. The locations of redwood added with the locations of taiga, if Oros was inspired by a location, narrows the location to one of the following: North of Eurasia or North of North America. Furthermore, as the setting is of close proximity to a mountain, the location could be close to the Rocky Mountains in Western Canada, the Ural Mountains in Central Russia, or the Sayan/Altai Mountains in Southern Russia.

Judging by the box art, it appears that you are able to tame animals, such as the sabretooth tiger. If this is the case, then other animals, such as the mammoth, could be tamed and used for combat. As the game is more "tactical", featuring a big emphasis on stealth, it is possible that you will also be able to craft traps. Traps that would kill not only animals but people too.

It truly is an interesting time period and definitely a unique one. I am definitely looking forward to it.

JasonWhite
JasonWhite
28 posts
Nomad

It took them four **** Far Cry to think up of this concept. But I guess it's still on the right timing since making a part V game usually gets even lesser audience or fewer improvements. But with this era? Big changes gives a fresh new feeling even if the player played all the Far Cry titles already they will still be hype for this! Like me! Excited to know what other weapons could be made in that era. Love the graphics too! That era suits Far Cry well!

Demonakinale
Demonakinale
38 posts
Templar

Given that the development of Far Cry changed from Crytek (Far Cry) to Ubisoft (Far Cry 2, 3 and 4), it took Ubisoft approximately 7 years to think of this unique setting. However, it must be noted that the previous settings of Africa and the Himalayas are both unique settings that are not generally used in most video games.

What also must be remembered is that Far Cry: Primal is neither the fifth Far Cry game nor Far Cry 5, but a spin-off of the main series. Even if a Far Cry 5 was announced set in a modern era, I believe the audience and the improvements can still be significant or even greater that the predecessors. A prime example of this, but for a different series, is Grand Theft Auto V, a game which has sold over 5 times its predecessor and has innovated in game features. However, for Far Cry, if the series continues its now (From Far Cry 3 to 4) bi-annual release, eventually people will become less interested and the series will suffer from the lack of innovation.

Far Cry: Primal, being a unique spin-off, in agreeance will spark renewed fan interest and will undoubtedly, if successful, be a memorable experience not only in the Far Cry series, but a gaming one for 2016.

Demonakinale
Demonakinale
38 posts
Templar

A brand new developer walkthrough of Far Cry: Primal released today, only 2 hours ago as of this post.

https://youtu.be/39giDpWueOE

Harcokilly
Harcokilly
26 posts
Nomad

And what platforms will it support?

HahiHa
HahiHa
8,259 posts
Regent

And what platforms will it support?

It will be available for PS4, XBOX One and PC.

I never played any Far Cry games, but I might give this one a try. The concept sure sounds interesting.
Showing 1-7 of 7