ForumsForum GamesChampion of Chiakor

54 15969
anewbeginning
anewbeginning
379 posts
Nomad

The Beginning
You grew up in the small village of Chiakor, a remote village with rich traditions, buried deep in the wilds.
Every year for as long as you can remember, your village has chosen a champion to send to the cursed Demon Realm.

Legend has it that in years Chiakor has failed to produce a champion, chaos has reigned over the countryside. Children disappear, crops wilt, and disease spreads like wildfire. This year, you have been selected to be the champion.

Character Creation
What is your name, Champion?
Male or Female?
If your are male, are you lean, average, or thick?
If female, are you slender, average, or curvy?
What is your skin color; light, olive, dark, or ebony?
What color is your hair, and how long?

Stats for the game include:
Strength - Increases your physical strength.
Toughness - Increases your health points and how quickly fatigue increases.
Speed - Increases you chances to evade attacks, certain encounters and to run from a fight.
Intelligence - Increase the chance to withstand certain encounters. Spells are also easier to learn and cast.
Corruption - Shows how corrupt you've become since entering the Demon Realm. If high enough, you won't be known as the nice guy anymore. Nice thoughts and actions will be harder to perform if corruption becomes too high. Anger rises a lot faster when more corrupt.
Fatigue - Determines whether or not skills and spells can be used. Waiting, resting, and sleeping reduce fatigue.
Hit points - Your life. If it reaches 0, your enemy will find a way to corrupt your mind or body in some way, adding to your corruption.

Every person is born with a gift. What's yours?
Strength - Are you stronger than normal? +5 to strength
Toughness - Are you unusually tough? +5 to toughness
Speed - Are you very quick? +5 to speed
Smarts - Are you a quick learner? +5 to intelligence
Endurance - Are you energetic? Recover from fatigue faster

Before you became a champion, you had other plans for your life. What were you doing before?
Alchemy - You spent some time as an alchemist's assistant, and alchemical items always seem to be more reactive in your hands. You are much more successful at making concoctions than the normal person, and can make others much more potent.
Fighting - You spent much of your time fighting other children, and you had plans to find work as a guard when you grew up. You do more damage with physical attacks.
Healing - You often spent your free time with the village healer, learning how to tend to wounds. Healing items and effects are more effective.
Religion - You spent a lot of time at the village temple, and learned how to meditate. Meditating will reduce corruption.
Schooling - You spent much of your time in school, and even begged the richest man in town, Mr. Savin, to let you read some of his books. You are much better at focusing, and spellcasting uses less fatigue.
Slacking - You spent a lot of time slacking, avoiding work, and otherwise making a nuisance of yourself. Your efforts at slacking have made you quite adept at resting, and fatigue faster.
Smithing - You managed to get an apprenticeship with the local blacksmith. Because of your time spent at the blacksmith's side, you've learned how to fit armor for maximum protection. Increases armor effectiveness.

This RPG is based off of a similar one I played on this forum a couple years ago of the same name. I will not link to it because this will be heavily story based, and I don't want to release any spoilers. There won't be any hard math in this game, just me looking at your Character Sheet and deciding how well you should do at whatever you want to do based on your stats.

• 54 Replies
Greg7077
Greg7077
824 posts
Jester

Name & Sex: Sampson, Male
----------
Body: Lean
Muscle Tone: Average
Complexion: Olive
Hair: Long, brown.
----------
Perks
Religion - Able to meditate.
----------
Strength: 15
Toughness: 10
Speed: 10
Intelligence: 10
Corruption: 0
----------
HP: 100%
Fatigue: 02%
----------
Level: 1
Experience: 0
Gems: 0
Inventory: Cloth pants with pockets, cloth shirt, leather shoes, rock.
----------
Locations Found- Plains
Time: 06:20
Day 2

I don't see anything of interest to me so I decide to either go on a long walk looking for gear with little sleep or to stay where I am and set up camp

anewbeginning
anewbeginning
379 posts
Nomad

Name & Sex: Glitch, Male
----------
Complexion: Light
Hair: Short, brown.
----------
Perks
Smithing: Armor is more effective.
----------
Strength: 10
Speed: 15
----------
Fatigue: 5%
----------
Experience: 30/100
Inventory: Cloth pants with pockets, cloth shirt, leather shoes, tiny axe.
----------
Locations Found- Plains, hills
Time: 05:30
Day 1

*Thirty minutes pass, gained five fatigue. Thanks about the 24:45 thing, I'll change it in my next post for him.*

Wiping the sleep from your eyes, you get ready for the day. Without a comb or change of clothes, that doesn’t involve much, but you do do a bit of light stretching.

You decide to search around your campsite in a careful manner to see if you can any food or water, although you aren’t really hungry or thirsty. You stop for a moment; that’s very odd. You’ve been here for quite a while and haven’t had a thing to eat or drink, yet you feel as full and as quenched as when you first arrived. First teleporting from the hills to your campsite, now this!? What’s with this place!

You search for twenty-five minutes, but fail to find anything very close to your campsite. You’d probably have to journey farther away if you’re going to find anything.

Name & Sex: Magnus, Male
----------
Body: Average
Hair: Long, blue.
----------
Perks
Alchemist: Better at crafting potions, and effects of potions drunk are increased.
----------
Intelligence: 15
----------
----------
----------
Locations Found- Plains
Time: 21:35
Day 1

*Thirty minutes pass, gained five fatigue, discovered a small village!*

The shoreline is sandy, with a slightly deeper red tinge than the plains or the sky, but not quite as deep as the water. You decide to circle the lake on the south side, hoping to find something interesting. You begin to jog to make better time. At first it appears to be more the same, but suddenly a village appears in front of you, the closest building no more than a dozen feet away! You see a small, two foot tall creature with green skin, purple hair, and what looks like a ‘robin hood’ hat walking down the one street that cuts through the middle of the village.

Name & Sex: Nivlac, Male
----------
Hair: Short, black
----------
Perks
Schooling: Less fatigue when casting spells
----------
----------
----------
Inventory: Cloth pants with pockets, cloth shirt, leather shoes.
----------
Locations Found- Plains, Lake, Forest
Time: 09:00
Day: 1

*Thirty minutes pass, gained rusty iron sword.*

From outside of the forest you can’t see anything interesting, so you decide to move deeper in. You walk for about thirty minutes, passing beautiful flowers and even a berry bush when you come across a rusty iron sword! You realize this will doubtlessly be invaluable in defending yourself, so you pick it up. No more than a minute later however some sort of wolf like beast jumps out at you, snarling and clearly wanting to eat you! What do you do!

Name & Sex: Sampson, Male
----------
Hair: Long, brown.
----------
Perks
Religion - Able to meditate.
----------
----------
Fatigue: 02%
----------
Inventory: Cloth pants with pockets, cloth shirt, leather shoes, rock.
----------
Locations Found- Plains
Time: 06:20
Day 1

*Fifty minutes pass, found lake! In the future, don’t give instructions that use the word ‘or’, I don’t know which of the two instructions to choose from so I’ll just ignore the second one and have your character follow the first instruction.*

You've been walking for about an hour, seemingly making no progress against the endless waves grass, when all a sudden you're in front of a lake. Looking behind yourself, you see the plains are still there, and realize that you must have been pretty tired to not notice a lake right in front of you. Or maybe- Could there be something mysterious going on with the demon realm's landscape!?
Not bothering to consider the implications any more, you approach the lake to get a drink to refresh yourself for your long search to find equipment when you realize you aren't thirsty in the slightest. Normally you'd get a drink anyways and just brush it off, but this lake's water looks pretty disgusting. It's significantly more red then anything else in the area, and looking at it gives you an unsettling feeling. Is this even really water? Maybe it'd even be best to just ignore the lake for now and continue your search for equipment.

Loop_Stratos
Loop_Stratos
5,291 posts
Jester

----------
----------
Perks
----------
----------
----------
----------
Locations Found- Plains, hills
Time: 05:30
Day 1

Did someone cast illusion magic? I think in my mind. I guess i'll rather leave the camp. I go further.

RazorLash
RazorLash
442 posts
Peasant

----------
----------
Perks
Alchemist: Better at crafting potions, and effects of potions drunk are increased.
----------
----------
----------
----------
Locations Found- Plains
Day 1

I walk into the village towards the creature. "Hey can you tell me where i am?" I ask when i get close enough.

anewbeginning
anewbeginning
379 posts
Nomad

----------
----------
Perks
----------
----------
Fatigue: 10%
----------
----------
Locations Found- Plains, hills, lake.
Time: 06:00
Day 1

*Thirty minutes pass, gained five fatigue, discovered lake!*
You look around in all directions, but as far as the eye can see is endless grass with an occasional tree dotting the landscape, you can no longer see the hills. You don't see any wildlife either, but you could swear that patches of grass rustled as soon as you looked away. Deciding you might as well start making your way if you're ever going to find anything, you choose a direction at random, and head west.
You've been jogging for about thirty minutes, seemingly making no progress against the endless waves grass, when all a sudden you're in front of a lake. Looking behind yourself, you see the plains are still there, and realize that you must have been pretty tired to not notice a lake right in front of you. Or maybe- Could the same mechanism that made the hills and your campsite appear suddenly be at work here!? Three times could not be a coincidence, the entire demon realm, or at least a large area around where you arrived, must be bewitched by some kind of wizardry.
Not bothering to consider the implications any more, you approach the lake to get a drink when you realize you aren't thirsty in the slightest. Normally you'd get a drink anyways and just brush it off considering how long you’ve gone without water, but this lake's water looks pretty disgusting. It's significantly more red then anything else in the area, and looking at it gives you an unsettling feeling. Even more unsettling perhaps is the fact that you don’t feel the least bit thirsty, despite having gone a long time without water. What do you do next?

Name & Sex: Qatar, Male
----------
Hair: Short, black
----------
Perks
----------
----------
----------
Inventory: Cloth pants with pockets, cloth shirt, leather shoes.
----------
Locations Found- Plains
Time: 20:30
Day: 1

*Fatigue rose by 5, thirty minutes pass. When fatigue hits 100, you'll fall unconscious. Higher fatigue makes you worse at any task. You can lower fatigue slightly by not doing strenuous activities, or by a lot by sleeping.*
You look around in all directions, but as far as the eye can see is endless grass with an occasional tree dotting the landscape. You don't see any wildlife either, but you could swear that patches of grass rustled as soon as you looked away. Deciding you might as well start making your way if you're ever going to get something to drink, you set off in the direction of the setting sun, west.
You've been jogging for about thirty minutes, seemingly making no progress against the endless waves grass, when all a sudden you're in front of a lake. Looking behind yourself, you see the plains are still there, and realize that you must have been pretty tired to not notice a lake right in front of you. Or maybe- Could there be something mysterious going on with the demon realm's landscape!?
Not bothering to consider the implications any more, you approach the lake to get a drink when you realize you aren't thirsty in the slightest. Normally you'd get a drink anyways and just brush it off, but this lake's water looks pretty disgusting. It's significantly more red then anything else in the area, and looking at it gives you an unsettling feeling. What do you do next?

----------
----------
Perks
----------
----------
----------
----------
Locations Found- Plains
Day 1

“Huh? Oh, you’re in G’bluviil, world capital of cheese based alchemy! I promise you, there is not a place out there that has better quality potions that feature one or more cheeses as the main ingredient! Don’t tell any archdemons though, some of them get pretty uppity when they find find out they aren’t the best at everything,” she says, whispering the last part with conspiratoriol wink.

“So, you want to buy a potion? I’ve got healing, poison, transformation, pretty much anything you might want that wouldn’t cost a thousand gems.”

Her whole spiel has left you pretty hopeful, maybe your previous experience as an alchemist could lead to employment in this town? You've never heard of cheese being used as a reagent, but then, you've never seen demon cheese either.

Loop_Stratos
Loop_Stratos
5,291 posts
Jester

----------
----------
Perks
----------
----------
Fatigue: 10%
----------
----------
Locations Found- Plains, hills, lake.
Time: 06:00
Day 1

I take a small rest there. I see if the lake is a dead end or not.

anewbeginning
anewbeginning
379 posts
Nomad

----------
----------
Perks
----------
----------
Fatigue: 13%
----------
----------
Locations Found- Plains, hills, lake, small village.
Time: 07:0
Day 1

*One hour passes, gained three fatigue, discovered small village!*

You decide to just sit down and relax for a while to regain your strength. After about thirty minutes you feel that you decide that you have rested enough and go on your way again, wanting to see if there's anything beyond the lake.
You decide to circle the lake on the south side, hoping to find something interesting. You begin to jog to make better time. At first it appears to be more the same, but suddenly a village appears in front of you, the closest building no more than a dozen feet away! Even with all the times you've experienced it, this effect has gotten no less disorienting. You see a small, two foot tall creature with green skin, purple hair, and what looks like a ‘robin hood’ hat walking down the one street that cuts through the middle of the village.

Loop_Stratos
Loop_Stratos
5,291 posts
Jester

----------
----------
Perks
----------
----------
Fatigue: 13%
----------
----------
Locations Found- Plains, hills, lake, small village.
Time: 07:00
Day 1

I try approaching them.

RazorLash
RazorLash
442 posts
Peasant

----------
----------
Perks
----------
----------
----------
----------
Locations Found- Plains
Day 1

"I'm a bit strapped for gems at the moment so I'm afraid I can't buy anything right now but you wouldn't happen to know of any one who needs help with alchemy? I have some past experience with alchemy. "

Showing 46-54 of 54