ForumsThe TavernFun things to try at home

22 9200
SportShark
SportShark
2,980 posts
Scribe

We've all had one of those days when we're sitting around the house with nothing to do. Well, I have never been one to just sit around and not do anything. Here are a few things you can try that I've done before next time you are sitting around the house all bored feeling and sorry for yourself.

Thing 1
Fire Eater

You'll need,
A bag of tortilla chips (the greasier the better)
A butane cigarette lighter
A bit of courage

Apparently, tortilla chips burn quite well. I have eaten burning tortilla chips. You can too.
Hold one out n light er up. It is very important to not swallow your saliva for a bit first, in fact try to salivate as much as possible. This will help protect your mouth from the heat. When you do bite into the flaming tortilla chip do not hold back! Bite down hard, mix your saliva around and into the chip, and at the same time flatten your mouth all the way so that there are no air pockets. Also eat the chip early in the burning process, don't wait for it to get all hot and glowy.
Try impressing your friends next time they're over with this trick!

More things will be revealed soon!

• 22 Replies
Frank_Frooton
Frank_Frooton
4,002 posts
Bard

So, uh, what are the, um, uh, side-effects of uh, smoking,. um...doritos?

Loop_Stratos
Loop_Stratos
5,291 posts
Jester

I don't see the fun part in this...

Diesel21
Diesel21
10 posts
Nomad

Sounds dangerous.

Lets just stick to spicy chips

philimaster
philimaster
491 posts
Peasant

I'm not sure of the purpose of burning your Doritos... does it enhance the flavour?

FishPreferred
FishPreferred
3,171 posts
Duke

1 You might want to use corn chips instead. They burn steadily and are small enough to eat whole.
2 If you can close your mouth over the whole thing, you'll smother it instantly. You don't even need to touch the flame.

SportShark
SportShark
2,980 posts
Scribe

@FishPreferred corn chips work well too, but some brands of flour tortilla chips are way greasier than any of the corn chips, making them far more combustible. Also, torilla chips aren't any larger than corn chips where I'm from so... The idea is to get a chip that will go up fast without having to heat it up too much.

As for the rest of you, you all need to embrace some danger every now and then or you won't value safety enough. I'm showing you how to do an easy trick in a controlled environment with very little risk. You face FAR greater danger and chance for injury every time you drive a car.

HahiHa
HahiHa
8,259 posts
Regent

@SportShark Do the chips char/turn black before you eat them? If they do, there's a certain risk you're eating your chips seasoned with carcinogens. While I understand the "Born to be wild" aspect of things, I would personally advise you not to do it too often.

SportShark
SportShark
2,980 posts
Scribe

@HahiHa you don't have to actually swallow it, you can just smush it about in your mouth for a bit, pretend to swallow, and then spit it out when no one is looking. Just remember that it's all an act.

R2D21999
R2D21999
18,319 posts
Treasurer

Does this mean I can go to a tortilla chip factory and set all the chips ablaze?

huwbert2013
huwbert2013
239 posts
Bard

Flamin hot @R2D21999.
Just a small blaze if you must.

pangtongshu
pangtongshu
9,808 posts
Jester

I'm all for doing weird and crazy things but they have to at least be FUN
Maybe drunk tho idk

Another fun thing to do at home! Play video games, watch naughty online videos, and cry over being single!!!

SportShark
SportShark
2,980 posts
Scribe

Not trying to insult the OP creator, but it just doesn't sound appealing enough to be told I'm cool for doing this. Giving to a friend the answer to really complicated homework? Yeah! Setting food on fire and not actually eat it? Nope.

Or you can eat it and the carcinogens along with it.

Another fun thing to do at home! Play video games, watch naughty online videos, and cry over being single!!!

Yep that's the life dude!
xeano321
xeano321
3,152 posts
Farmer

Flaming tortilla chips? At home? By yourself? Burn the house down?

PERFECT DAY! My weekend is all set now.

SportShark
SportShark
2,980 posts
Scribe

Ok, the chip thing wasn't a hit, so lets try something new...

■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■

Flamin' Aerosol Fun

You will need:

A can of hairspray
A butune lighter
Stuff you want to set on fire

■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■
🔥
This is an easy way to make a small flame thrower! Just light the lighter within an inch of the can's nozzle and spraaaay flamzzzzz!!! Weeee! Got paperwork? Being mugged? Hate bushes? Having a party? No probz! This mini flame thrower does it all!
🔥

pangtongshu
pangtongshu
9,808 posts
Jester

Stuff you want to set on fire

but my mom wont let me set princess on fire

Showing 1-15 of 22