ForumsSupport Forum[Solved] Asset flipping reaches Armor Games

6 4069
09philj
09philj
2,825 posts
Jester

@Ferret
Well, it finally happened. Unity asset flipping has reached Armor Games. If you're unaware of the practice, asset flipping is taking a pre-bought asset pack and transferring it as-is to another platform. Steam has been the usual target, but now it's got to here.
Game.
Asset pack

Be more careful in future, guys.

• 6 Replies
Ferret
Ferret
9,323 posts
Bard

Looping in @Tasselfoot.

philimaster
philimaster
491 posts
Peasant

Jim Sterling has me well educated on this subject, he has covered this game before so i recognised it immediately.
Looks like you got here first though phil.

Tasselfoot
Tasselfoot
804 posts
Chamberlain

To comment on the situation: While the game being on Armor is not violating any copyright laws... it does FEEL wrong. So, after some internal discussions, we've decided to pull it from the site.

These things don't happen often, but we do thank you guys for quickly reporting the situation when it does. Unfortunately, we aren't able to stay on top of every game that gets released onto every platform, and mistakes do happen. The best we can do is try to prevent some and quickly act on the rest when informed. So, much love for the information!

09philj
09philj
2,825 posts
Jester

To comment on the situation: While the game being on Armor is not violating any copyright laws... it does FEEL wrong. So, after some internal discussions, we've decided to pull it from the site.

I agree. It's not illegal, but it's not good practice.

Ferret
Ferret
9,323 posts
Bard

@09philj @philimaster Thanks for the feedback guys.

MikeWee
MikeWee
3 posts
Farmer

hmm i still somehow liked the game...reminded me of good ol die hard trilogy

Showing 1-6 of 6