ForumsGamesLast game you played/are playing?

43 11630
philimaster
philimaster
491 posts
Peasant

Just a little thread for people to discuss games they currently are playing or just played. I don't know if one of these exists but it is not popular if there is.
I am currently playing 'Deus Ex - Human Revolution' I am really enjoying the combat but all the walking around the hub world is beginning to irritate me, but overall it's enjoyable. The last game i finished was Halo 3:ODST, it was alright. The combat was good and fluent, if a bit more difficult than other games in the series. what I didn't like was the large swathes of time it took between bits of real action, New Mombassa was not an interesting setting. My other dislike was how short it was, I finished it in about 8/9 hours but i reckon it can be done quicker. 6/10

• 43 Replies
thebeast782
thebeast782
63 posts
Nomad

Just finished playing Alien Isolation. Man it is good. It is as scary as the original Alien Movie, which is RARE! The Level Design just rings nostalgia if you love the first one. The Alien is one of the best examples of AI in a game I've ever seen. The scariest part of the game is not when you are getting chased. But when you have your motion tracker up. And then you notice your controller suddenly getting more shaky then you look at it, then notice it is coming towards you and then you don't have enough time to bring out your flame-thrower and then it kills you. That my friend is that scariest part. When you know that you're not going to make it. And you want it to end. And it doesn't. Literally.

The worst part of the game is the final hours. You could've just cut it down from 18 hours to 15 hours. A lot should of been cut. As the last hours are just a walking simulator. But despite that, it is still a good game. Don't get it if you are a guns blazing type of guy (or girl) because you will die. Also accept the fact that you will die. Even on the lowest difficulty. Graphics are really good, even on the PS3, a last gen console. The graphics work so well with the level design. You're not just seeing Alien Isolation, you are in Alien Isolation, as you embrace it. Or if you have a Oculus Rift, that works too. I would give it a deserving 8/10 Since it is just about Halloween, get it to have a good scare. Just try and push it at the last hours.

Now I am playing Payday 2. Man.... when you try and tell someone to do stealth, they screw it up. Core gameplay is solid with awesome gun play. Those moments when you are down, just about to go into custody then throw your last grenade at the Juggernaut and save your team-mates as you go down in a blaze of glory and then they rush to the chopper, you respawn back, then there is one last bag, you grab it, run then get shot by a sniper then you throw the bag at your mates and you tell them "GO GO, YOU WILL DIE!" Because it was a stealth mission gone wrong and they are all wearing two piece suits. That my friend, is Payday 2. Rushing adrenaline action with those moments you would see on a gamers postcard. I'd give a nice 8/10 as well.

ChromeDeathRazor
ChromeDeathRazor
437 posts
Farmer

Hehe, Demon's Souls (PS3) and MGSV on Ps4 were the last games I recently played...

Gonna play some SOMA after this post...

EdgeofSanity
EdgeofSanity
28 posts
Shepherd

Pillars of Eternity for the PC. It was okay, but disappointing.

philimaster
philimaster
491 posts
Peasant

I am REALLY enjoying Deus ex: Human Revolution now, it's soo good.

R3LOAD
R3LOAD
532 posts
Peasant

I'm currently playing mainly Elder Scrolls Online PS4. Been playing that quite a lot lately. That and FIFA 16 or Rocket League. I have quite a weak selection of games ATM, any suggestions on what to get?

philimaster
philimaster
491 posts
Peasant

Well in answer to that, here is my full review of Deus Ex; Human Revolution:

Story
The story really struck a chord with me, basically it goes like this:
You have been employed as security by technology company Sarif Industries who have just made a discovery and are about to present it to congress when terrorists break into the labs and kill nearly everyone inside. You are badly wounded but new controversial augmentations are used to save your life. There is enormous public opposition to these augmentations and it is your job among the chaos that ensues to find who attacked the complex. I won't spoil any of the major plot points but i will say that the story goes very deep.

Characters
There are several main characters who are developed very well as the game progresses. One of the things i really like about the game was the decision system: for each interaction, you generally have the choice to be nice, nasty or neutral. Although what you say doesn't immediately affect the gameplay, it does change the endings, so be careful what you say! I did really like how your treatment of people could come back to haunt you later on...

Gameplay
The gameplay is quite simply brilliant. I really love the way that you can take different approaches to each situation depending on your playing style, augmentations and weapons. Most situations do not lend themselves in particular to stealth or all out combat although knowing when to use either is a big part of winning. The cover system in very well polished and the enemy AI is punishing in the right ways. You also get the choice of the game to take a lethal or nonlethal weapon ( i chose lethal) You will pick up many different weapons along the way that will be vital for different combat eventualities. I found that the shotgun and stun gun were the weapons i used the most. The bosses were varied and interesting and very difficult but fair. Overall, really enjoyable and varied gameplay.

Overall verdict
My new favourite game, overtaking Just Cause 2, brilliant for many reasons and there is something there for everybody.

9.6/10

My one tip if you're going to play it? Do not get your chip repaired in China it will very badly hinder you later on...

please let me know if you read and enjoyed this review, it took longer than I anticipated.

JasonWhite
JasonWhite
28 posts
Nomad

PS4:

Currently playing Tales of Zeristria.

Probably the best Tales Series I've played or ever been made by Bandai. Fighting opponents in the place where in you exactly saw them without the screen breaking or changing is what makes this game even more realistic.

I also like how emotional the characters they made this time, cause that is what they usually lack except for my favorite Tale titles before such as Tales of Destiny and Tales of Abyss.

Not sure how good the story yet but I think it will be just as good or better as my previous favorites cause I sense that it will have a nice plot twist like the way they did in Tales of Abyss as I go further in the game.

I think this is a must buy JRPG especially for Tales fans such as I.

JasonWhite
JasonWhite
28 posts
Nomad

On PC - I'm currently playing 2nd CBT of Tree of Savior

While on my Mobile Phone - Some RPG and TCGs such as Brave Frontier, Hearthstone and Game of Dice(This is kinda a new one so it's kinda hard to search around for it).

philimaster
philimaster
491 posts
Peasant

Started playing Hearthstone on PC and i'm really enjoying it.

It has really simple gameplay but can be very tactical: should you attack the hero or take out their minions?

Would thourougly recommend it and it is really easy to get into!

pangtongshu
pangtongshu
9,808 posts
Jester

Replaying Skeerim cuz i really just wanna punch DRAGONS

thebeast782
thebeast782
63 posts
Nomad

WARNING, STORY SPOILERS, BUT NOT REALLY SINCE IT IS AT THE BEGINNING AT THE GAME.... GET IT YOU.... *bad word* (i don't know)

Well, I just went through 80 hours of Fallout 4.

OH MY GOD, I NEVER WENT TO THE TOILET FOR 24 HOURS! Seriously, as sick as i sound, i never ate very much for one day whilst playing it and never went to the toilet. Now that is out of the way. I present, Fallout 4.

The game begins in 2077, before the bombs dropped. America and China are at the brink of war, and you are creating a hag in your character creation. Good for you. Now I'm not saying that the character creation is bad, absolutely not, this is one of the most in-depth character creators in a game. Being able to click a part of the face and simply sculpt. Good on that, but... Why are we not able to take a screenshot of ourselves and put it in the game yet? I know other games have done it before, i mean, Rainbow Six: Vegas 2 had it, a game in 2008! Ok sure it was quite bad but hey, at least Ubisoft tried. But anyway.

You * put character name * , your *husband or wife* and your son, Shaun live in the Commonwealth of Massachusetts, and on the fable day, you get a knock on the door, from vault tec, offering you a space in Vault 111. And a few minutes afterwards, the bombs drop.... QUITE CONVENIENT BETHESDA.

You reach the Vault with your *h/w* and your son. But, you are frozen in a cryogenic *science name* and you wake up centuries later and mysterious figures take your son and kill your *husband/wife*

You then escape the vault and you set out on a journey of revenge and retribution

Now, the game play is.... amazing. If you are a fps type of gamer, then it may be time to jump in to Fallout, because a lot more emphases was put on the gun play. Which.... is good and bad, but, hey, its your decision. Game has a awesome crafting system. Improving armour, making entirely new guns, and... Making settlements which is... alright. The S.p.e.c.i.a.l are now.... streamlined which sucks for die hard Fallout fans from the first, second, third and New Vegas. But i don't mind it. Enemies aren't hard. The AI is.... ok. The AI for your Companion JUST SUCKS, I DON'T WANT TO HURT YOU DOGMEAT, JUST GET OUT OF THE BLOODY DOORWAY!

Graphics are.... alright. Nothing special. I understand what fallout fans were saying to haters of the graphics but at the saem time, i now understand them. I mean yes, it is a RPG but... the graphics can look quite bad. Like, RPG standard bad. Yes the game is unique in the colour department but, it still feels like the muddy graphics of Fallout 3 and New Vegas in some areas which is disappointing. Side quests are, like any Bethesda game, it just screams hours of gameplay.

So... Fallout 4... was it worth the hype? Yeah, i think so. I love it but after playing it i needed to take a break. And bought a game my fried was playing because no one else had it... The Crew.... I'll get to that.

Fallout 4 i think deserves a 8/10... please don't kill me. Look, the game has a ton of bugs not so good graphics, a story which is alright (no so good as you reach the final hours, people who know what i am saying, kabomb) poor AI and other minor hiccups. But it still is an amazing game which i higly recommend you get yourself right now. DO IT, DO IT NOW.

SportShark
SportShark
2,980 posts
Scribe

Soda Dungeon on Android!

Lots of fire, lots of fizz,
Lots of mire, lots of j---!

Wut!? Heeeeehhhh!
🙍

thebeast782
thebeast782
63 posts
Nomad

After Fallout 4 i needed something to set my mind off it, so i return to my favourite strategy franchise of all time. Total War. Ruling the world, gripping battles, poor AI, Terrible UI.... ok i think i just transitioned to Empire.

People on the internet think that empire is just this giant mess. It kinda is but.... if you are a total war fan, you just play any. You will still play hours upon hours.

And i have a soft spot for games set in the colonial era. And that is why i love Empire... in a way.

So, Empire has the biggest world map in a total war game... at least in land coverage. It contains Europe, India and The Americas. Which is where the game shines for players who love making more money. Trading for some reason feels special. maybe because my trade routes can be from Havana, Cuba to India. It's the sense of empire. ruling a giant kingdom.

Battles are... bad.... just bad..... EXTREMELY BAD. AI is terrible, Units on the world map do suicide charges against my capital when it is full of people. And they die! HOW DOES THAT WORK!?!?

You probably should still try it. I would give a 7/10, although if you are a total war fan then every game is a 10/10.... except from Rome II. Piece of...

Demonakinale
Demonakinale
38 posts
Templar

I've just finished Assassin's Creed: Syndicate on the PC, and am now moving onto Bloodborne: The Old Hunter expansion for the PS4. I adored the vanilla game back in March and based on reviews and user comments, The Old Hunter expansion is forming itself as a fantastic expansion.

logoimmobilier
logoimmobilier
2 posts
Nomad

Last game is League Of Legend, and since im Silver II

Showing 1-15 of 43