ForumsNews and FeedbackMobile support for forums?

6 4858
philimaster
philimaster
491 posts
Peasant

I really like coming on the forums, but obviously i can't be on the computer all the time. I'm sure that more people would be more active if the forums were easy to use on mobile devices.

• 6 Replies
dorukayhan
dorukayhan
1,318 posts
Bard

@philimaster u can already use forums from mobile devices. but probably chatrooms dont work on them

SportShark
SportShark
2,980 posts
Scribe

but probably chatrooms dont work on them

They work just fine.

I really like coming on the forums, but obviously i can't be on the computer all the time. I'm sure that more people would be more active if the forums were easy to use on mobile devices.

The forums are just same on mobile as they are on a laptop or desktop. I don't know what support you think AG needs for mobile, but you should either let us know why you think there's a problem or this thread should be locked.
SirLegendary
SirLegendary
16,583 posts
Duke

This was discussed in the past, but anyways...

@Sportshark

I think @philimaster means that there should be a mobile version for the forums on the site. One developed specifically for mobile use. There are sites that can tell if you are on mobile, and will load a page intended for mobile and not the desktop version. You would notice something like mobile.website.com or website.com/mobile.

Anyways like I said, this was already discussed. But I guess there's no harm in letting others know.

philimaster
philimaster
491 posts
Peasant

yes @SirLegendary Especially on an ipod touch it is basically impossible to post.

SportShark
SportShark
2,980 posts
Scribe

Especially on an ipod touch it is basically impossible to post.

What do you expect? It's an Apple product. It's very difficult to do many normal things with Apple, get a real phone. 😝
SirLegendary
SirLegendary
16,583 posts
Duke

@SportShark I don't think this topic has anything to do with what brand someone's device is when trying to access the forums through mobile. Yes, it is possible to access the forums through mobile devices, but the point of this discussion is that users who are talking about this now and in the past want to have an easier time accessing the forums when using mobile. The device being used does not dictate the look, the functionality, and the accessibility the site offers on mobile, it comes from AG. So Apple or not, it's the same on any mobile device, unless we're talking about the length and width of a screen, but that has nothing to do with why this topic was posted.

Showing 1-6 of 6