ForumsThe TavernWhat Should I Bring?

9 4749
R2D21999
R2D21999
18,319 posts
Treasurer

So pretty soon my marching band is going to have a banquet or whatever next week because the season of staying in line and screaming at people to get to the right spot is almost over. Every class is bringing in a sort of dessert or whatever. As I am a Sophomore, Sophomores have to bring in a side, like a salad or something

But I don't know what to bring. I don't want to bring the before-mentioned salad because that's boring and someone else will probably bring a salad. So you lovely people with all your thoughts, ideas, and opinions get to tell me what to bring.

However there's some things I want or don't want my side to be:

1. This is a side, it cannot be something like steak, lasagna, or something fitting to be a main course.

2. I am making it for about 90ish band kids and their families. That's a lot of people, so it needs to be something I can make for a lot of people.

3. It cannot be expensive. I cannot buy caviar.

4. While it can't be expensive, I'd also rather not go to McDonald's and buy 30 Large fries.

5. Please don't choose a side that will be hard or long to cook. I'm not a chef, there's a huge chance that I'll probably screw it up.

6. There are no allergies that I'm aware of. So for now, anything is free game.

So c'mon, tell me your side ideas.

• 9 Replies
SportShark
SportShark
2,980 posts
Scribe

You should bring a platter of poisoned cookies of course! While you're at it you may also want to bring some of Unleashed's severed heads. To be funny you could stuff the poisoned cookies inside of the spike-impaled severed heads' mouths. Make it like a sort of kabob thing. You should also bring some of Dapro's sour lemonade to wash it down.

Sengokura
Sengokura
497 posts
Herald

Sophomores have to bring in a side, like a salad or something

Would Cake Balls count as a side? I think of them more as a dessert but they may be able to made into a side. I've never made these myself but they are probably one of the best things I've ever eaten.

09philj
09philj
2,825 posts
Jester

Cold pasta salad?

minecraftsniper
minecraftsniper
697 posts
Herald

Mashed Potatoes?

Alp_Ehni
Alp_Ehni
315 posts
Farmer

Small Kässpätzle maybe? I always eat that as a side

Riptizoid101
Riptizoid101
6,257 posts
Farmer

Just do something simple and boring like baked beans straight out of the can or brown rice with grilled vegetables or something.

akshobhya
akshobhya
5,063 posts
Justiciar

If its has to be a Side, then try out my suggestion -

You can prepare THIS, a side you wouldn't have even heard of, in your life. It is beautiful to taste and you can also boast about you having prepared something new and out of the box.

What do you think?

pangtongshu
pangtongshu
9,808 posts
Jester

have u considered quiting marching band and not being such a NERD? 8)

R2D21999
R2D21999
18,319 posts
Treasurer

So uh, my mom kinda went ahead and made fruit salad, despite what I said about salad in the OP. ._.

have u considered quiting marching band and not being such a NERD? 8)

I would but my mom won't let me smoke with the cool kids.

Showing 1-9 of 9