ForumsNews and Feedback[Answered] Bug in armatar contest thread

3 4244
dorukayhan
dorukayhan
1,318 posts
Bard

@MrDayCee why does it say the armatar contest thread has -8 replies? does it count as an antireply when admins post something else in a thread they created?

• 3 Replies
SportShark
SportShark
2,980 posts
Scribe

@MrDayCee why does it say the armatar contest thread has -8 replies? does it count as an antireply when admins post something else in a thread they created?
No, if I remember correctly, it means that there were eight announcements at one time in that thread, but they were deleted when they become old and irrelevant as time passed (necro). I don't know why it doesn't just say 0 instead of -8, but this is just how it is.
You don't need to start a thread and try to get the administrators involved every time you see something that you think looks wrong. Trust me, no one knows their buisiness here better than the admins. They have tools and controls in place that we can only dream about.
SirLegendary
SirLegendary
16,583 posts
Duke

To put it simply, like I said to you in one of your other threads, @doqck, an admin has already probably noticed the bug.

The admin team does not comprise of a lot of people, so they can only do so much when developing and troubleshooting the site. Even then, the probability of them knowing the bug exists is pretty high, unless you knew for sure that the negative change wasn't there before. They have a priority list, and the existing bugs you see now are probably on there so just hang tight.

Like what @SportShark said, if you see something as minor as that, you don't have to worry about it. If you are truly curious, just leave a comment on any user's page as long you know that user is experienced with the site, and the user doesn't even have to be an admin. They probably have the answer to your question. If the bug however, is the major kind (pages failing to load, images not showing correctly, armatar change is not coming into effect, etc...), then you may start a thread about it if there already isn't one.

Good enthusiasm though, if you really want good things to come, or to just simply point out minor bugs, find the right place to call them out based on the situation. Just don't forget to enjoy Armor Games.

MrDayCee
MrDayCee
14,747 posts
King

And he ressurrects!

So, @doqck... it's pretty much like @SportShark and @SirLegendary stated (callouts to let you two see I responded -albeit late- and closed the thread.) in their posts; some threads are for announcing stuff, like the Armatar Contest redirection stickies. Whenever a post is deleted to be replaced with the latest Armatar Contest link, the count goes down with '1', but somehow does not correct with a plus '1' whenever a new post is added.

This is a known bug in the forums, but one so small that it is placed on the list to fix, only... at the very bottom. It has no real priority as there are only a few threads that have this phenomenon going on.

Question answered? Thread locked!

Showing 1-3 of 3