quickscoping --> sniping someone by aiming very briefly
noscoping --> sniping someone without aiming at all

then what is a hardscope?

• 8 Replies
Demonakinale
Demonakinale
38 posts
Templar

Hardscoping is when you aim through your scope for a lengthy period of time, the proper way to use a scope on a sniper rifle, and kill someone.
This involves waiting patiently for the right opportunity to shoot because you are taking your time aiming.

Hardscoping is normally associated with camping because whilst scoped, in most First-person shooters, your movement and peripheral vision is minimised, thus causing the sniper to remain in a stationary position.

The term 'hardscoping' was created after the creation of 'quickscoping' and 'noscoping', terms which grew in popularity with the release of Counter-Strike, Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2 and Call of Duty: Black Ops in 2000, 2009 and 2010 respectively.

ShalowBeThyGame
ShalowBeThyGame
7 posts
Nomad

Hardscoping is that you wait for a kill patiently and actually gets it.

People don't really do this, unless they have to camp real hard on some tight spots.

Demonakinale
Demonakinale
38 posts
Templar

I suppose it depends on the shooter whether hardscoping is used. In fast-paced ones, such as Call of Duty and Counter-strike, even non-military ones such as Halo and Overwatch, hardscoping would rarely be used in comparison to quickscoping or noscoping.

In more slower paced shooters, such as the military simulation Arma, the MMOFPS Planetside and, less so, Battlefield, hardscoping would be the preferred method because it is more beneficial than quickscoping and noscoping.

thebeast782
thebeast782
63 posts
Nomad

Put it this way, if you quickscope, you belong more on call of duty, loads of you are there. If you hard scope (the proper way in my opinion) Go on battlefield (i'll see you there, down the sight of my scout rifle)

pangtongshu
pangtongshu
9,815 posts
Jester

It means doing it the right way

R2D21999
R2D21999
18,319 posts
Treasurer

Hardscoping is that thing noobs do when they can't do 360 noscopes like me, xXxdixoncider68xXx. Like all MLG pros I got my headset to tell all the noobs on why their mothers are so obese, my copy Call of Duty Black Ops 3; the most superior CoD game only second to Ghosts, and my glass of apple juice. *sips* *spit take* MA! YOU GOT ME FACKING SWEET TEA! I WANTED MY 80% REAL FRUIT APPLE JUICE! THIS IS WHY DAD LEFT!!

Anyway, if you want to go 1 v 1 with me on CoD, you better be prepared for tons of noscopes and a 99% chance of squeaky-voiced screaming every time I'm shot.

Gilountre
Gilountre
33 posts
Nomad

Here already are a lot of different answers, and the fact is that hardsccope is simply when person who lies in their scope just for more than a second to shoot..))

TheAngelOfWar
TheAngelOfWar
206 posts
Nomad

Hardscoping is the act of shooting a gun properly.

The term hardscoping comes from preteens who want an excuse to call a better player a "noob".

Showing 1-8 of 8