ForumsArt, Music, and WritingStory Contest #1 : Sci - Fi Chirstmas Adventures!

10 4574
xerox
xerox
715 posts
Bard

Hello everyone to the first ( and i hopefully not the last) Story contest!

Topic: Sci-Fi Christmas
Category: Story
Type of story: Everything allowed
Limitations: Sci-Fi themed duh! And don't forget to be christmas related!
Content Level: All
Multiple Entries: Allowed
Dead line: New Year ( 00.00 UTC)
Prize: For now it is just the glory of chosing the next theme and types of the story :P

So guys, be ready for the writing of your lives! Write us a story! Shorter, longer, we don't care! Be it near future, space battles, aliens, robots - be creative! Romantic, action, naughty, comedy? Well.. maybe not the naughty part :P but let it just be everything for the first one xD, because Everything's possible

Multiple entries are okay. Creative entries are preferred

How do we judge? Well, creativity and writing style are most important to us. We can't let a story win that has an awesome idea but looks like written by a 5 year old and the same way we can't let a story win that has just not a good idea but is written like from a new author genius. We will penalize too many grammar and spelling mistakes, so please go through your story after you've finished it.

Good luck, and most importantly : Have fun!

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

P.S. Please post links to your stories in the comments once you are sure that they are done.

• 10 Replies
Shoeminor
Shoeminor
912 posts
Blacksmith

Can we do them IN the comments?

xerox
xerox
715 posts
Bard

@Shoeminor. Well.. I do not think they will fit in the comments unless you plan on doing 100 word story or something like that. . . The time for the contest is almost a whole month, and some people are sure to get 5000 - 10 000 words maybe more.

But in any case.. No, i would not allow it. It would be harder for the judges to acces all the stories.

Gilountre
Gilountre
33 posts
Nomad

I`m afraid that for the time I`ll write this story on travel blog, this thread will be removed completely..)

xerox
xerox
715 posts
Bard

@Gilountre. The contest will be over, but the thread will stay, dont worry. Just don't take more than 10 years.

minecraftsniper
minecraftsniper
697 posts
Herald

You forgot to mention that all the stories have to go under the rules of AG (no swearing etc. )

xerox
xerox
715 posts
Bard

@minecraftsniper Aww... i through it would be ok since the texts would be on externate sites and not here. . . Kinda kills the fun if you can't swear in your own story ;-; But if i have to... For the future i will keep in mind that it should follow the rules of AG and be uncreative.

xerox
xerox
715 posts
Bard

How is it going guys? 1 and a half weeks to go :P

xerox
xerox
715 posts
Bard

Really? No one wanted :c Seems like people who constantly write stuff on this site, actually are doing it just for show , rather than joining any actual competitions... Oh well, the Contest is officially closed now. Since no one posted , i claim myself as Winner.

And if no one joined because there are no prizes... Now please, what the ???? Why .. Prizes are not the most important. First place is!

nichodemus
nichodemus
14,987 posts
Grand Duke

Don't be discouraged, people just leave during the winter months @xerox. Would have done it if not for being busy.

xerox
xerox
715 posts
Bard

Yah, i may remake some other time. During some other hollidays, because only then im free.

Showing 1-10 of 10