ForumsThe TavernFast Zombies vs. Slow Zombies

9 4078
apldeap123
apldeap123
1,708 posts
Farmer

Which 'breed' of zombies do you prefer to see in movies: slow zombies a la George Romero, or runner-type (World War Z, I Am Legend) zombies?

• 9 Replies
Esquilache
Esquilache
45 posts
Nomad

I prefer fast zombies. Makes the movie more interesting.

Witigen
Witigen
306 posts
Scribe

I like fast zombies because they're more of a threat. My favourite zombie movie 28 Days Later has fast zombies.

SportShark
SportShark
2,980 posts
Scribe

Neither. Reanimated cannibalistic corpses, whether fast or slow, pose a serious threat to the delicate fabric of society. Therefore they should be expunged mercilessly from all cities (with the exception of San Francisco), and we should not practice zombie discrimination.

Esquilache
Esquilache
45 posts
Nomad

The zombies in the movie "World War Z" are hardcore. They parkour and run very fast. Those are the epic zombies.

pangtongshu
pangtongshu
9,808 posts
Jester

It depends on the movie, really. What are they looking to get out of their zombies and what kind of movie they want.
If you want more action packed go fast.
If you want suspense go slow/realistic.

nichodemus
nichodemus
14,987 posts
Grand Duke

I'm an old school snob, so zombies must be slow and shamble like a drunken hobo. Shaun of the Dead's confused creatures, not I am Legend/World War Z rabies induced athletes.

Koshionos
Koshionos
884 posts
Jester

Slow zombies, it's the feeling of being trapped and watching in horror as the horde closes around you, you've run and run and run, only to find yourself at a dead-end.

The zombies shamble towards you, &quoterhaps due to rigor mortis? No, no time to think about that... there has to be a way out, it'll take 'em a minute to get me" you think... "Can I fight my way out? No... not enough ammo... this blade will take too long..." they draw near... you see a door!

"It's locked"

As the apparent wall of zombies come closer, seconds away, you see a window open... you reach... you're late...

You're one of them, now.

--
It's why Resident Evil worked so well in the early days, the suspense of seeing such a painfully slow foe, but unable to find a way out!

FishPreferred
FishPreferred
3,171 posts
Duke

No, they need to be extremely slow, or not moving at all. Otherwise, the single-frame-teleport-right-behind-you trick will be completely wasted. They should also be covered in talcum powder and wearing capes that can be drawn in front of their faces to conceal the actor's identity.

Riptizoid101
Riptizoid101
6,257 posts
Farmer

ya honestly just have a combo of both

Like imagine a zombie running at you like a marathon athlete and scaring the balls outta you

but then about 15 feet from you he stops running and then starts shambling

and all zombies do this in a 15 radius of humans

SO YOU HAVE BOTH THE FAST PACED THRILLER AND ACTION WITH THE SUSPENSE AND HORROR OF THE SLOWNESS

Showing 1-9 of 9