ForumsThe TavernAcceptable ads policy

8 4357
vincentvdh9
vincentvdh9
16 posts
Peasant

At the time being, millions of interwebbers, including me, use an adblocker. A default enabled feature is the "show acceptable ads", but none of those ads are shown on Armor Games. Which leads to the conclusion that Ag hasn't got a (proper) advertisement policy.
Those requirements are actually quite simple:

Acceptable Ads are not annoying.
Acceptable Ads do not disrupt or distort the page content we're trying to read.
Acceptable Ads are transparent with us about being an ad.
Acceptable Ads are effective without shouting at us.
Acceptable Ads are appropriate to the site that we are on.

There is a large community actively adding ads to the exception list, so isn't it time for Armor Games to move on, and start showing us those ads?

• 8 Replies
09philj
09philj
2,825 posts
Jester

Armor Games uses CPMStar and Google to provide most of it's advertisements. They have no control over what advertisements are shown. That said, AdBlock users are not welcome on the site, as it essentially amounts to theft.

nichodemus
nichodemus
14,981 posts
Grand Duke

@vincentvdh9

You could email @Ferret about ads you feel are inappropriate to be on the site.

Graham
Graham
8,052 posts
Nomad

Armor Games uses CPMStar and Google to provide most of it's advertisements. They have no control over what advertisements are shown.

Looks like AG is held at gunpoint by what advertising company they partner with.

vincentvdh9
vincentvdh9
16 posts
Peasant

Still, there are certain things that AG is in control of,
-link removed-

Please do not discuss blocking software for advertisements or link to related websites (see rule #7)

Ferret
Ferret
9,323 posts
Bard

@vincentvdh9 If you find a specific ad that's having an issue, you can e-mail me and I'll do my best to track it down. A screenshot of the ad always helps.

dorukayhan
dorukayhan
1,318 posts
Bard

wait, is it easy to make an ad plugin from scratch and gain total control over the ads that come up on the site, considering the ad-blocker-blocker is independent from the google/cpmstar plugin? @ventralchaos

vincentvdh9
vincentvdh9
16 posts
Peasant

@Ferret I've made up my mind: I've just bought an Ag+ pass for 6 months
Curious to know how much it would cost for a life long ad free pas ?

dorukayhan
dorukayhan
1,318 posts
Bard

wait, is it easy to make an ad plugin from scratch and gain total control over the ads that come up on the site, considering the ad-blocker-blocker is independent from the google/cpmstar plugin?

it seems i tagged the wrong one for this, i had to tag @boppins instead

Showing 1-8 of 8