ForumsForum GamesDisaster Expert RPG

15 5633
The_Disaster_Expert
The_Disaster_Expert
9 posts
Nomad

Disaster Expert RPG

The Basics
Welcome to a disaster scenario RPG game where your character is (to say the least) in the wrong place at the wrong time, always. You must use intuition, take quick-action, and read scenarios to make sure you survive. This RPG isn't extensive (not cause I'm lazy), but simple for it will be based on FACT and is intended to be educational in life-threatening situations while adding a little fun.

How It Works
Like I said above, nice and simple: There will be a detailed envision of a particular scenario/ setting or event(s) which will be followed by a series of multiple choices. These choices can have 3 effects on you, POSITIVE (+), NEUTRAL (o), or NEGATIVE (-). You may only choose one of the multiple choices for each description. So now you are thinking "how do these choices effect me?", good question; They will directly effect your Survival Meter. Your Survival Meter is a constantly diminishing, [each choice (depending on the extremity of the situation) will cost Survival Meter points], 0-100 meter of your survivability. 100 = completely safe / unharmed, 50 = in danger / harmed 0 = dead.
This means that you are in a constant race with the meter that represents safety and well being. In example:

You wake up to the sound of your smoke detectors blaring siren song, you are already enveloped in smoke, and surrounded by fire. What do you do first? Survival Meter -20 / a choice.
Survival Meter: 90 (You have been asleep and have inhaled some smoke before awaking....
a) look for an immediate exit
b) quickly craft a breathing apparatus out of clothing to inhibit smoke inhalation
c) grab your cup of water on your nightstand to try to purge a small path thru the flame

+) You chose b) quickly craft a breathing apparatus out of clothing to inhibit smoke inhalation, this was the Positive (+) choice for your scenario, now it cost you 20 points to choose what to do so now you would be at Survival Meter: 70, but since this choice was the best out of the three for in the moment, you gain 25 points for this scenario, bringing you back up to Survival Meter: 95.
o) Now if you had chosen a) look for an immediate exit, that would have been the Neutral (o) choice, giving you only 10 points, for you are surrounded by fire, and find no exit, basically putting you in the same spot before you chose.
-) Lastly, c) grab your cup of water on your nightstand to try to purge a path thru the flame. This is the Negative (-) choice for many reasons: A) you don't know the cause of flame, it could be electrical or chemical you can MAKE IT WORSE, B) it was stated you are surrounded by fire, that means there is A LOT of flame, even a large cup of water won't help you move an inch. In this scenario this choice would have costed you 10 points on top of it's original 20. 30 points in one turn, no bueno.

So as long as you have common sense and an adaptive mind, you'll watch yourself survive the impossible. So if you wanna join all you have to do is fill out this quick Info Slip:

Name:
Basic Traits: [i.e, happy, adventurous, sporadic]

That's all for the Info Slip, I just need that basic info to help me create scenarios and have the most accurate choices corresponding with your person. Don't forget to delete the examples of Basic Traits! (Unless of course that's you.)

• 15 Replies
Showing 16-15 of 15