ForumsNews and FeedbackA hell of a lot more people would turn off their ad blockers if your site ads weren't so irritati...

6 3672
Thedynastking
Thedynastking
10 posts
Peasant

They are intrusive, annoyoig, laggy, etc. I'd be more inclined to turn it off and feed the *little edit: no swearing* cat if your website didn't suck without it.

• 6 Replies
FishPreferred
FishPreferred
3,171 posts
Duke

Well, who do you think is at fault for that? It can't be the AG staff; they need whatever ad revenue they can get based on the fraction of the userbase that puts up with ads. It certainly isn't the users who don't block the ads. Nor is it the AFG+ subscribers who support the site directly instead of seeing ads. Sure, the ad agencies and the companies they serve had to come up with them, but they've had little success with unintrusive ads, even without the rampant and indiscriminate blocking, and they only have so many means of getting their message out to more than a handful of people.

The long and the short of it is that you, and everyone else who blocks, are to blame for the annoying ads that I'm currently seeing. You can start apologizing now.

residentbce
residentbce
3 posts
Shepherd

These annoying intrusive ads are counter productive to the companies that allow their marketing depts to use them. As an example, I will never purchase a Sweeper because their ads continuously loop off screen during a game and they've disabled the in ad mute option.

SportShark
SportShark
2,980 posts
Scribe

Why do I feel the need to say that ONCE AGAIN, you people really have no right to complain and are not entitled to an ad free site unless you ARE PAYING FOR IT! Do you really think that AG just magically runs itself without any sort of financing?

residentbce
residentbce
3 posts
Shepherd

I really dont have an issue watching an before the game starts, the banners at the top and side usually go someplace neat, and even when an ad pauses the game for a minute or two is fine. It is the continually looping Sweeper ad, with no mute option, that plays towards the bottom of screen while a game is running that drove me to these forums.

dorukayhan
dorukayhan
1,318 posts
Bard

@Thedynastking ok, now spare 30 seconds to stare to the phrase below. i saw it when i once got banned for talking about adblockers, and it entirely changed my view on ads of this site:

The brutal truth is: no ads = no more free games.
dorukayhan
dorukayhan
1,318 posts
Bard

also, theres a way to stop that sweeper ad and other audio ads. just click the ad and it'll pause as shown

Showing 1-6 of 6