ForumsPopular MediaHas Music Ever Made You Cry?

9 5955
DarthTyrannausarus
DarthTyrannausarus
538 posts
Nomad

Well, has it?

For me, personally, I've been depressed for a number of years. We Came As Romans is my "getaway" , and their music always makes me tear up because of how they share their message, and how they connect with the listener.

Being a guy, its kind of hard to admit to this, but I would Like to know if anyone else has had something like this happen to them before.

• 9 Replies
TheMostManlyMan
TheMostManlyMan
5,778 posts
Chamberlain

I'm rather surprised nobody has answered this yet.

Personally, I don't think it's ever actually made me cry, but it has gotten me pretty close to tears, that's for sure. I actually had depression myself up until a few months ago and there were certain songs that, depending on how I was thinking at the time, could get me very emotional.

I say that there's nothing wrong in it at all and that there should also be no shame in that whatsoever.

~Manly

Justin1987
Justin1987
10 posts
Nomad

I personally like listening to sad music, sometimes I find it strangely comforting.

Jtom2k
Jtom2k
43 posts
Nomad

Yeah happens to me all the time. All Time Low, Sleeping With Sirens, especially Mayday Parade.

Witigen
Witigen
306 posts
Scribe

Only once. If there is one song that has ever made me cry, it is this one.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LIQz6zZi7R0

So beautiful! Since it's Valentine's Day, I have posted a love song.

SSTG
SSTG
13,055 posts
Treasurer

Yeah the music score from Once Upon a Time in the West. I was like 6 yo and I found my dead parakeet in the trash can on my way back from school. The sad tune started playing when the woman finds her new family dead after travelling all this way to meet them... Anyway, I remembered my bird and started crying.

minecraftsniper
minecraftsniper
697 posts
Herald

I feel a little ashamed about saying this but i did cry and i may cry everytime i hear Dragon Ball's Opening or Ending song in my language , it makes me remember all the time i used to watch it as a kid , so it brings back good memories

SirLegendary
SirLegendary
16,583 posts
Duke

It has, but it really depends on what's going on in my life, or the situation I'm in.

shafaet
shafaet
482 posts
Blacksmith

I cried listening to various different songs, specially the theme song of a game named "Assassin's Creed 2".

landmaster2000
landmaster2000
135 posts
Shepherd

Yeah, plenty've made me cry. Probably all of the ones in my bookmarks bar - usually because they're sad/wistful songs, but sometimes because they fill me with hope and make me feel really happy.

Here're a couple good ones, I think:

Yume Nikki mega mix
Petite Mort
Yume no Naka no Watashi no Yume

Showing 1-9 of 9