Nomad

[url=https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qfN_u9iDc10]

Some interesting points made here.

• 8 Replies
SportShark
SportShark
2,980 posts
Scribe

This thread should be moved to the WEPR, but anyway...

Look, aside from The Rock, Samuel L Jackson, Denzel Washington, and who ever else there is that I can't remember, who how many other black people are there to give Oscars to? By this guy's own admission, only about 14% of the US population is African American, so consider this: let's say that there's only 1000 actors in America. Just by the odds alone, there will only be an average of 140 brothaz to 860 whites. And if like only 14% of Hollywood is black, how many of those are going to be good enough to receive an Oscar? But wait, I think I forgot Asians and Hispanics which also according to this booze breath "Are somebody else's problem". But nobody stops and wonders, "Don't you have to give some sort of steller performance or something to win one of these little trophys, and not just BE black?" And yeah, let's have an Oscar just for blacks... And Asians, Hispanics, The Irish, The Danish, George Bush impersonators, etc.

Swarmlord2
Swarmlord2
2,081 posts
Marquis

@SportShark. Segregation- that will stop discrimination! We should have black places everywhere! I think that we have fixed the world... or we could just get on with giving things to people who actually deserve them.

HahiHa
HahiHa
8,259 posts
Regent

Yup. Moved to the WEPR forum.

SportShark
SportShark
2,980 posts
Scribe

We should have black places everywhere!

So basically we should revert back to circa 1960? Or are you being sarcastic?
pangtongshu
pangtongshu
9,808 posts
Jester

It's the Oscars, who cares. The Oscars are a joke

BritHennerz
BritHennerz
408 posts
Farmer

It's the Oscars, who cares. The Oscars are a joke

I'm with you on this. It's some meaningless awards show that only really awards films that were made with the Oscars in mind.

Regardless I don't see why the Oscars should take race into account. It's an award ceremony and should award talent rather than race.

Swarmlord2
Swarmlord2
2,081 posts
Marquis

@SportShark. Sarcastic

SamuraiWar42
SamuraiWar42
23 posts
Nomad

One more thing came to mind. If they had more roles for minorities, the nomination field would be more evenly distributed but that's up to the screenwriters/directors I guess.

Showing 1-8 of 8