ForumsWEPR[Are We Screwed Yet?] 2016 US Presidential Election

260 99741
nichodemus
nichodemus
14,987 posts
Grand Duke

I figured let's create a master thread for the world event of the year. After all, who won't be watching people jockey viciously for the position of most powerful person in the world?

As of now the situation is as thus:

Republican - Trump running ahead of the pack surprisingly.
Democrat - Less clear, Clinton and Sanders are still duking it out, though Clinton has many more super-delegates to her name.

So this is a thread to post about anything related to the race. Have a favourite candidate to plump for? Feel the system is biased? Angry at the political establishment? Post it here. Hopefully we can get more discussion going when things get heated up!

Personally of all the candidates, I like Clinton the most, and failing that, Trump. Of course, like is a very subjective and relative word.

-Latest-

Republican
Trump: 329
Cruz:231
Rubio: 110
Kasich: 25
Carson: Dropped out

Democrat

Counting Super Delegates
Clinton: 1066
Sanders: 432

• 260 Replies
HahiHa
HahiHa
8,259 posts
Regent

Anyone seen the Last Week Tonight show about Ivanka and Jared? It does not bode well.

SSTG
SSTG
13,055 posts
Treasurer

The Republican criminals in the House have voted to kill Obamacare.
These traitors have bent over for the Insurance cartel.
They will pay in the next elections.

mamibo
mamibo
686 posts
Scribe

I'm totally confused with the events in the US. I don't know what to think. Trump is being beneficial to neither America or Russia (he's not trying to make friends with us at all, to be honest).

I think there is a third power behind his election, a clandestine and obscure power. Perhaps, his own will, ambition and funds. Or perhaps...

HahiHa
HahiHa
8,259 posts
Regent

I think there is a third power behind his election, a clandestine and obscure power. Perhaps, his own will, ambition and funds. Or perhaps...

Shall I prepare the tinfoil hat for you, milord?

Of course Trump is not being beneficial to anyone but himself and his friends. He is a businessman, and runs his office like a business. That's what people wanted, and that's what they got.

What really got me worried recently was that whole maneuver over Korea including B1 bombers. I mean, common exercises between the US, South Korea and Japan to intimidate North Korea is nothing new, but having atomic bombers fly there is a whole new level of recklessness. Just thinking about Trump and Kim Jong-un trying to do "diplomacy" gives me the creeps

Edit: My bad, apparently this is nothing new, either. It already happened last September. Not that this reassures me in any way..., geez, is that really necessary?
mamibo
mamibo
686 posts
Scribe

Shall I prepare the tinfoil hat for you, milord?

Why make me sad( I'm just expressing my feelings. I'm no child after all.

If he is to start a war with N Korea, it's certainly a trick to get Russia involved. Although we are in no direct alliance or opposition with NK, China is getting involved anyway, and it's our official ally.
This is what I think.
At least I hope I have my 3-5 years to train as a minor officer. Don't wanna be a usual conscript when the hell breaks out.

But at the rate it's escalating, it seems I've got a fair chance of getting my head blown apart by an American projectile...
No offence, my western friends, but the US government is evil.

HahiHa
HahiHa
8,259 posts
Regent

Why make me sad( I'm just expressing my feelings. I'm no child after all.

Aww... why can't I make a little fun of you for making a conspiratorial comment like that?
Seriously though, no offense meant. Just some lighthearted sarcasm.

Also, I think there is a certain irony behind your comment, considering that Russia is accused of having influenced the elections - whether it's true, or not.

As for war... I really don't think anyone actually wants a war. If that was the case, we'd be in the middle of one already. Trump and Kim might be careless idiots, but their generals, dumb and dissentious as they may be, must be aware that no one would really profit from that, and so they keep showing off their might in the hope of keeping the other in check (it's MAD over and over again). What really worries me is the risk of escalation, where a mere accident could have dramatic consequences. I don't think anything will happen, and if it does, it would probably "only" be another proxy war (meaning I don't think the US or Russia will be directly confronted, ever); but I'm still worried.
SSTG
SSTG
13,055 posts
Treasurer

Ajit Pai is the puppet put in place by fake president Trump and probably influenced by the freedumb circus is about to kill Net Neutrality for good.

You can make your voice heard here. We can't let the corporate criminals censure and control whatever we do or see on the Internet.

https://www.eff.org/deeplinks/2017/05/launching-dearfcc-best-way-submit-comments-fcc-about-net-neutrality

SSTG
SSTG
13,055 posts
Treasurer

Okay things are getting weird.

Trump fired James Comey. I wonder why?
Was it because he asked him to drop the Trump-Russia investigation and the FBI director refused because he grew a conscience after practically handing the election over to Trump with the BS Clinton investigation and omitting to mention the Trump investigation as well?
What an unthankful dictator!

Maybe Comey is getting close to uncover the truth about Trump and his traitor friends?

What do you think?

nichodemus
nichodemus
14,987 posts
Grand Duke

It's just funny because even without a conspiracy theory behind it, Trump was so full of praise for Comey before the elections. The number of times he flip flops because he shoots his mouth before even getting all the facts is worrying.

SSTG
SSTG
13,055 posts
Treasurer

It's just funny because even without a conspiracy theory behind it, Trump was so full of praise for Comey before the elections. The number of times he flip flops because he shoots his mouth before even getting all the facts is worrying

The rest of the World is laughing at us right now and the allies are scared to death, I wonder why?

nichodemus
nichodemus
14,987 posts
Grand Duke

Up next, Paris Agreement going to the dogs.

SSTG
SSTG
13,055 posts
Treasurer

Here's a follow up on the Net Neutrality case that I mentioned yesterday.
https://arstechnica.com/information-technology/2017/05/after-net-neutrality-comment-system-fails-senators-demand-answers/

Until dictator Trump is impeached, our freedom is seriously at risk.

SSTG
SSTG
13,055 posts
Treasurer

How long before Trump goes to jail and Pence becomes president?
If Pence is in on the conspiracy then Paul Ryan is going to become president.

Which one would you rather see as president, Pence or Ryan?

HahiHa
HahiHa
8,259 posts
Regent

Not that I'm concerned, but... none, ideally :/ Can't you just redo the election? ^^

SSTG
SSTG
13,055 posts
Treasurer

A special counsel has been appointed to investigate the Trump-Russia case.
Now maybe Congress can go back to some kind of normalcy and let the professionals do their job.

If something is found and Flynn, Manafort and the other treasonous weasels are found to be guilty then the country will be safer again.
If nothing is found then we can go back to living our lives without worrying that a foreign country is messing with our democracy.

Showing 181-195 of 260