ForumsWEPR[Are We Screwed Yet?] 2016 US Presidential Election

260 99745
nichodemus
nichodemus
14,987 posts
Grand Duke

I figured let's create a master thread for the world event of the year. After all, who won't be watching people jockey viciously for the position of most powerful person in the world?

As of now the situation is as thus:

Republican - Trump running ahead of the pack surprisingly.
Democrat - Less clear, Clinton and Sanders are still duking it out, though Clinton has many more super-delegates to her name.

So this is a thread to post about anything related to the race. Have a favourite candidate to plump for? Feel the system is biased? Angry at the political establishment? Post it here. Hopefully we can get more discussion going when things get heated up!

Personally of all the candidates, I like Clinton the most, and failing that, Trump. Of course, like is a very subjective and relative word.

-Latest-

Republican
Trump: 329
Cruz:231
Rubio: 110
Kasich: 25
Carson: Dropped out

Democrat

Counting Super Delegates
Clinton: 1066
Sanders: 432

• 260 Replies
SSTG
SSTG
13,055 posts
Treasurer

On a relatively unrelated topic, I just read that US House of Representatives just voted to allow ISPs to take, sell and even share your browsing history without your consent (source). Because I have no idea if it's true or not, I'd like someone to confirm it

There it is.
If you had any doubt about President psycho being a true Republican, then here's the proof he is.
It's always about corporate criminals and their greed over normal everyday American people like us.
What's more Conservative than that?

https://arstechnica.com/tech-policy/2017/04/trumps-signature-makes-it-official-isp-privacy-rules-are-dead/

nichodemus
nichodemus
14,987 posts
Grand Duke

If I'm not wrong, they're theoretically only allowing aggregated and non-personalised individual data to be sold. So it's not completely an invasion of privacy. I'm not going to mind if the companies use that mass data for advertising purposes.

In any case, I have no worries over the government seeing what kind of Youtube videos I watch, which gaming websites I use, or whatever? No big deal to be honest. Worries over nothing. I'll only be worried if my credit details get out, and even then, I already am vigilant about checking the bank details every month.

nichodemus
nichodemus
14,987 posts
Grand Duke

Buckle up, he just bombed Syria directly. Hmmm.

nichodemus
nichodemus
14,987 posts
Grand Duke

Looks like I won't be going to America anytime soon.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/business/wp/2017/04/07/one-word-says-it-all-asian-airbnb-host-reportedly-leaves-guest-stranded-because-of-her-race/?utm_term=.57219d1bbf05

SSTG
SSTG
13,055 posts
Treasurer

Looks like I won't be going to America anytime soon.

Since Trump as been in office, the racist maggots think they are powerful but in reality they are still a minority of ignorant people. When they realize that, they'll crawl back under their rocks.

FishPreferred
FishPreferred
3,171 posts
Duke

Since Trump as been in office, the racist maggots think they are powerful but in reality they are still a minority of ignorant people. When they realize that, they'll crawl back under their rocks.
Unless he manages to do something so horrendous that everyone else flees the country, or passes a bill through the Republican-dominated houses that impedes the voting process for sensible people. I'm not discounting either as a possibility.
SSTG
SSTG
13,055 posts
Treasurer

My wife is just about ready to move to Canada but I told her to wait, maybe the Trump-Russia investigation will result in his impeachment or he will eventually commit a crime horrible enough that even Republicans won't be able to stand him anymore and do away with him.

Kalb789
Kalb789
639 posts
Baron

Currently loling at everyone thinking/saying Trump will be the end to the free world, democracy, etc.

HahiHa
HahiHa
8,259 posts
Regent

Nah, that would be giving him too much credit. Even if that was true for America, there's still the rest of the world

Still, his actions might lead to the undoing of decades of progress, like in this example...

nichodemus
nichodemus
14,987 posts
Grand Duke

The number of U-turns he does is amazing haha. Now China isn't a currency manipulator and NATO isn't obsolete.

It's not the content or the decision that is worrying, but the number of times he flip flops?

DaTCaT47
DaTCaT47
33 posts
Nomad

Umm, yeah. we are SO screwed. my parents won't even look at the news anymore.
They say it's too depressing. I agree

SSTG
SSTG
13,055 posts
Treasurer

https://www.eff.org/deeplinks/2017/04/register-copyrights-bill-passes-house-were-gearing-fight-it-senate

Another criminal act by a criminal administration and supported by a party of criminal as well as the other one (Dem) who's supposed to be on the side of normal people.

Better hurry and borrow as much music and DVD's as we can from the library before the entertainment mafia empty the shelves of it's books and e-books as well.

What's next? The National parks? When is that PIG Trump going to let the oil companies drill everywhere and give permission to developers to build condos in Central park?

FishPreferred
FishPreferred
3,171 posts
Duke

Better hurry and borrow as much music and DVD's as we can from the library before the entertainment mafia empty the shelves of it's books and e-books as well.
... What? All of that is licenced material; it isn't touched by this. The bill gives the president the power to appoint the person in charge of the copywrite office, which in this case would mean Trump will put an ignorant yes-man or corporate lackey in charge of interpreting copywrite law.
SSTG
SSTG
13,055 posts
Treasurer

... What? All of that is licenced material; it isn't touched by this

The public libraries have the right to make copies of some documents when they get too old like a book for example. I don't know about DVDs though.

SSTG
SSTG
13,055 posts
Treasurer

I didn't get to finish my point because I had to leave in a hurry.
Anyway, If Trump puts a corrupted weasel in the position the libraries might be forbidden to digitize documents and make them easily accessible to the public. People won't be able to tinker and make their own devices (MP3 players, E-Readers, etc..).

We have to expect anything from this criminal administration.

Showing 166-180 of 260