ForumsWEPR[Are We Screwed Yet?] 2016 US Presidential Election

260 99703
nichodemus
nichodemus
14,987 posts
Grand Duke

I figured let's create a master thread for the world event of the year. After all, who won't be watching people jockey viciously for the position of most powerful person in the world?

As of now the situation is as thus:

Republican - Trump running ahead of the pack surprisingly.
Democrat - Less clear, Clinton and Sanders are still duking it out, though Clinton has many more super-delegates to her name.

So this is a thread to post about anything related to the race. Have a favourite candidate to plump for? Feel the system is biased? Angry at the political establishment? Post it here. Hopefully we can get more discussion going when things get heated up!

Personally of all the candidates, I like Clinton the most, and failing that, Trump. Of course, like is a very subjective and relative word.

-Latest-

Republican
Trump: 329
Cruz:231
Rubio: 110
Kasich: 25
Carson: Dropped out

Democrat

Counting Super Delegates
Clinton: 1066
Sanders: 432

• 260 Replies
SSTG
SSTG
13,055 posts
Treasurer

Even if they ride a large wave, is it really so good for America that their politics is increasingly going to both extremes? The far left is as obnoxious as the far right.

It seems to be happening everywhere around the world.

HahiHa
HahiHa
8,259 posts
Regent

Just listen to the language you employ, SSTG, particularly in your last post on the previous page. How different is that from the fools on the far right blathering about civil war?

In the end, a level-headed collaboration is what appears to be most effective to lead a country. That requires an effort from all parties. You don't have to agree on everything, but should be able to sit at a table with the others and talk an issue through. At least be ready to listen to the other opinions. I consider Trump to be incapable of either. Some may consider that having one strong person is more efficient, but I think that's far too risky. Especially if that person is more concerned with his own name than with the people he governs.

SSTG
SSTG
13,055 posts
Treasurer

Just listen to the language you employ, SSTG, particularly in your last post on the previous page. How different is that from the fools on the far right blathering about civil war?

This time it's serious because our democracy is really in danger.

Look at Trumps cabinet. How many more people do you think has ties to the oil industry and is now part of his administration besides Rex Tillerson and Scott Pruit? Remember the huge contract they made with Russia for drilling there.
I hope Mueller is also investigating Exxon Mobil, they seem to be right in the middle of it.

What about Betsy Devos ( idiot in charge of the education) and her husband who's practically trying to privatize war (Blackwater scandal). We have an efficient army, we don't need mercenaries to make some rich Conservatives richer. I guess it's not enough for military contractors to ripoff the army with inflated prices on military equipment, they want more and more money.

There's so many things wrong with this presidency it's scary as hell. As if it wasn't enough some crooked conservatives are using Fox news to influence the president.

Trump is clearly unfit to be president, he can't even go though briefings concerning our security which he was partly hired to do.

Like I said before, we need to clean the entire Congress by firing everybody above 50 yo and put younger people not yet corrupted or bought by the wealthy.

HahiHa
HahiHa
8,259 posts
Regent

Like I said before, we need to clean the entire Congress by firing everybody above 50 yo and put younger people not yet corrupted or bought by the wealthy.

To be honest, when I see people like Macron in France or Kurz in Austria, I'm not 100% sure about younger people being always better. Compare them to Bernie Sanders! It may well be true that many in Congress are too old/unfit/incrusted, but I wouldn't see it as a rule. And if it was, you'd have to apply the same to old democrats, too.
SSTG
SSTG
13,055 posts
Treasurer

To be honest, when I see people like Macron in France or Kurz in Austria, I'm not 100% sure about younger people being always better. Compare them to Bernie Sanders! It may well be true that many in Congress are too old/unfit/incrusted, but I wouldn't see it as a rule. And if it was, you'd have to apply the same to old democrats, too.

That's what I meant, everybody from all the parties.

nichodemus
nichodemus
14,987 posts
Grand Duke

Crippling yourself by taking away good experience if you remove everyone above a certain age.

SSTG
SSTG
13,055 posts
Treasurer

Crippling yourself by taking away good experience if you remove everyone above a certain age.

Well, this is true in general but not the way things work in Congress, some fresh ideas would certainly be a welcome change.
Also, they have most of the important knowledge in writing.
nichodemus
nichodemus
14,987 posts
Grand Duke

Experience isn't just rules or facts or knowledge. Knowing how to placate across the isle and make deals and negotiate only comes with age.

Youth is no guarantee of success. If age was a requirement in any way, meritocracy is dead.

SSTG
SSTG
13,055 posts
Treasurer

Remember that traitor Devin Nunes? https://www.politico.com/story/2017/12/20/house-republicans-quietly-investigate-doj-fbi-310121

This is a coup to destroy the FBI.

Now the question is, how many traitors are there?
Are you ready to live under Dictator Trump?!?!

SSTG
SSTG
13,055 posts
Treasurer

People, get ready to march in the streets. The great leader of the Universe and emperor of the galaxy (in his own mind) Trump is about to fire Jeff Session so he can replace him with another puppet. Which means the traitor in chief and his co-conspirators are about to remove Robert Mueller in order to protect their coup on our democracy.

SSTG
SSTG
13,055 posts
Treasurer

Another proof that the Trump administration still colludes with the Russian mafia.
https://www.washingtonpost.com/powerpost/conservative-gop-caucus-talked-to-trump-about-releasing-surveillance-memo-before-launching-campaign/2018/01/23/7ff2a198-0037-11e8-bb03-722769454f82_story.html

Russian (online) bots are helping these traitors ( Benedict Nunes and other House weasels) by pushing for it's release.

SSTG
SSTG
13,055 posts
Treasurer
SSTG
SSTG
13,055 posts
Treasurer

This one's about that criminal who's sabotaging the EPA.

https://www.politico.com/story/2018/02/15/scott-pruitt-first-class-travel-epa-351669?lo=ap_e1

If Trump would stop putting thieves and unpatriotic scums in charge of his cabinets, this wouldn't happen.

Doombreed
Doombreed
7,022 posts
Templar

Ok someone needs to at least try to step in at this point I feel.

SSTG, for the love of god, are you sure you are not losing your mind there? This is too much. One Trump rant after another for months, over everything and anything related or otherwise. To the point of conspiracy theories and ludicrous plots combined with paranoia that would make the cold war US citizens shudder. Please, try to see it in a more reasonable light. Trump administration is not ok at all, on that we agree but like, as you can see, he is pretty idle as a president. A lot of things didn't happen, he is not starting WW3 as everyone feared, things have at least calmed down.

SSTG
SSTG
13,055 posts
Treasurer

I've only reported a fraction of what this criminal as done. If I'd report everything I would post 3 times a day and everyday single day.
Someone needs to tell people so they think twice about voting for this traitor next time.

Showing 241-255 of 260