ForumsArt, Music, and Writing[Closed][Official] Armor Games\' Armatar Contest: EASTER!!!

35 21262
MrDayCee
MrDayCee
14,747 posts
King

http://farm9.staticflickr.com/8500/8253540719_7b89c6b013_b_d.jpg

It's been quiet for quite a while around this long lasting tradition of the Armor Games' Armatar Contest... but now it's time we launch a new Sprint Armatar Contest that will have the bunnies race to enter their submissions before the upcoming hunt for eggs! That's right... it's time for the:

https://farm4.staticflickr.com/3693/13746706395_5084fde5d7_b_d.jpg

Better start using your creative minds and have them turn into overdrive to deliver those eggs... errr... arts! Like I stated, it's a short run for you bunnies, but who's to say it won't be a glorious one?! Make sure to check the rules for the contest if you wonder about anything and start your run!

ARMATAR CONTEST GUIDELINES :

ne: All entries must be appropriate. They cannot be offensive or profane in nature. Keep it clean!
The entry must be square and at least 512x512 pixels in dimension.
Your entry must scale down well to 100x100. So if it looks good in its larger form, make sure that it will still look good when it is scaled down to the armatar size. Here are a few suggestions about this :
Sometimes keeping it simple is better. If you go into a lot of detail, it might not look as great when you scale it down. So keep in mind what the Armatar size will be and check often how it looks when it is scaled down.
Remember to save a lot while you are making it! Better to delete 20 -in between made- save files later on, than ending up with a finished piece you don't like or an end result that is showing up blurred when scaled down...
If you are able to do vector, by all means! That can help with the sharpness of the image. However, since they are small in Armatar size, this is probably not a big issue.
All entries must be fitting to the current contest's theme. If a certain entry is debatable to whatever extend, a Mod or Admin will give the decisive and final ruling for submission.
An entry must be completely original. You cannot use entire (or even elements from) pieces of artwork made by someone else, the entire armatar must be 100% created by you! A Moderator can ask you to provide conclusive proof that the entry was created by you entirely and you are obligated to provide this when asked for.

Plagiarism will not only exclude your submission by means of disqualification, it will also exclude you from participation in any future contests AND will have further consequences!

CLOSING DATE OF THIS CONTEST :

This Easter Sprint Contest will remain open untill April 10th,2016, so there's more than enough time for you to enter your artwork!

WINNING SUBMISSIONS :

Every participant of an official edition of the Armor Games' Armatar Contest receives a well deserved Merit for submitting one -or more- entries to every separate edition held. This means a maximum of one Merit per participant, per edition.

Alongside this Merit for your participation, we now have a special non-game Quest to award for the winning submissions of the Armor Games' Armatar Contest!! This special Armatar Creator Quest will be bestowed upon the creators of the winning entries that were chosen for every contest held from now on. The winners will receive this Quest to show our appreciation for their outstanding work. Wear this Quest with pride!
Winners will be chosen after the edition is officially closed;
The winning entries are non-debatable, results are final;
The Quest can only be awarded to a user once per year. If a particular user wins several editions during the same year, they will only receive that particular Quest once, as we can not award a particular Quest a second time;
Every year there will be a new Armatar Creator Quest, which will be achievable for every participant;
As a special appreciation for their outstanding work, all the winners and their winning entries of every edition will be placed into the Armatar Creator Quest Winners Hall of Fame!

Grab your pencils... Ready?
Lay out your sheets of paper... on your marks?!
Work your mind... set?
Aaaaaannnndddd.... GO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Oh my god! We're off! It's promising to be a great race! Everyone is going for the prize!!! Pencils are drawing! Mouses are swirling! Brains are working overtime and get so hot you can fry an egg on it!!! AAAAHHHHH!!!!
Sorry...
Heat of the moment...
*cough cough*

I'll be painting some Easter eggs untill you finish your work... till then, have fun! As always, be creative and amaze us! =)

• 35 Replies
Swarmlord2
Swarmlord2
2,081 posts
Marquis

I'd really like to enter this but, unfortunately, I am lacking in any artistic skill .

Doombreed
Doombreed
7,022 posts
Templar

I'd really like to enter this but, unfortunately, I am lacking in any artistic skill

@Swarmlord2 consider this a motivational message from someone of equal experience. Don't let it hold you back if you want to enter. The results will often be quite good with even a minimal amount of work and experience. I've only entered 3 contests and in 2 of them, I made decent enough entries to be among the winners, with no experience and total lack of artistic sense. Granted, with multiple winners, it isn't very hard to do that, but, remember, this was all MSPaint and a maximum of 1.5 hours of relaxed casual work.

Besides, indirect interpretations of the themes are always encouraged, even if they don't make for great armatars. You will most definitely be able to do something about it once you get a hold of a good idea

akshobhya
akshobhya
5,063 posts
Justiciar

I completely agree with you, Doombreed...

Swarmlord2
Swarmlord2
2,081 posts
Marquis

@Doombreed The problem is that, even if I could win, it wouldn't be good enough to be something I would use as my armatar. What I would really like is a good image of the Swarmlord but, unfortunately, I am unable to create one.

Doombreed
Doombreed
7,022 posts
Templar

@Swarmlord2 Well, I doubt such an image would fit this contest anyway. You said you wanted to join this one, so I encouraged you (hopefully) At any rate, this could belong in one of the future armatar contests, if for example we ever get a "Creatures" contest or something. You can always ask in the forums for a user to make it for you. It's been something various users have resorted to.

As for this one, since the theme is pretty broad and allows for many things to draw, you could pick something easy and go with it, it would be a great start XD Personally I started with a swallow on the last Spring contest, which, admittedly, wasn't the easiest thing to draw (still not a hard one though) but, that is if you can't tolerate generic ideas and specifically want to draw something that wasn't drawn by another user...

Swarmlord2
Swarmlord2
2,081 posts
Marquis

I will try... if I have time.

Doombreed
Doombreed
7,022 posts
Templar

@MrDayCee is the closing date really April 10th? this seems like a short amount of time really, it's just 12 days + 6 since it opened = 18. I know Easter was already on and all (at least for you guys...Orthodox calendar here so we are still waiting for it ) but it is really short isn't it? I doubt we'll get many entries either this way.

Doombreed
Doombreed
7,022 posts
Templar

Ok (please excuse the double post) I've made an entry looks like I am the first to do so.
I've gone for an indirect interpretation of the theme (but not too indirect this time...heheh xD). Unfortunately it won't look good when scaled down to armatar size but I liked the idea and couldn't shake it off. So anyway, this is (title required) "East and East-er too"

http://s21.postimg.org/i6lbhpqo7/East_and_Easter_too.png

http://s12.postimg.org/m51rj584p/East_and_Easter_too_100x100.png

I might work a bit more on this, I might not...depends on the time I have in my hands, a preliminary exam is coming up.

MrDayCee
MrDayCee
14,747 posts
King

I love it @Doombreed!

And the fewer entries, the bigger chance to win!

akshobhya
akshobhya
5,063 posts
Justiciar

@MrDayCee would you please extend the deadline atleast by a week or so?
Doom, I am having exams too. So, I am not even able to even try and draw something.

akshobhya
akshobhya
5,063 posts
Justiciar

@MrDayCee would you please extend the deadline atleast by a week or so?
Doom, I am having exams too. So, I am not even able to even try and draw something.

Goo30
Goo30
6 posts
Shepherd

Sorry I'm a noob here and i'm not used to this indirect image uploading. can I use "uploads.im" for this? if so how can i make it to show the thumbnails in here?
(The dropbox thing I used is a bit annoying so i deleted it)

Doombreed
Doombreed
7,022 posts
Templar

@Goo30 you can always use postimage.org for uploads. Then you copy the direct URL and you click image here, where you paste it into the field. After that you are all set

As for uploads.im, I don't know...never used it

Goo30
Goo30
6 posts
Shepherd

http://s19.postimg.org/q1fx15nj7/512x512.png
http://s19.postimg.org/ltl4sem3j/100x100.png
http://s19.postimg.org/w67fehfmn/60x60.png

Goo30
Goo30
6 posts
Shepherd