ForumsGamesGemcraft

28 7758
Tokes
Tokes
17 posts
Nomad

Okay, I'm addicted to this game. But does anyone have any good strategies? Is it better to have 2-3 level 6+ gems or 4-5 level 5? Pure gems or dual gems? what colors go best together for dual?

• 28 Replies
tanstaafl28
tanstaafl28
336 posts
Farmer

Lo Tokes,

This is my first post in the forums. I've gotten hooked on this game, so I'll throw down my thoughts. I've made it to level 20 so far, but I'm still struggling to get through the first epic level.

So far I've found pure gems to be better than hybrids. Pay attention to what each gem color can do and position them strategically. Red, Blue, Purple, Yellow, and Green, are among my favorites. This isn't to say that Orange, Lime, or Aqua, aren't good, but I have found them are better off being used as part of a group with others. I ranked my preferences:

1 Red - Chance of splash damage
2 Blue - Chance to slow down monsters
3 Purple - Chance of decreasing monster armor
4 Green - Poison damage over time
5 Yellow - Chance of triple damage
6 Lime - Chance of chain shot
7 Orange â" Increased mana for each hit
8 Aqua - Chance of electrical damage

Obviously, a lot also depends on where you set your towers. Early on, I establish what I call "kill zones." I define this as at least two towers with gem class 2, and a water trench at the center of their "fire radius. I put my first kill zone as close to the entrance of the haunted tower (where the waves of monsters come from) as I can.

The first 8 waves are usually pretty weak, so usually one kill zone will keep them occupied while I work on building up mana. I will even take on two waves at a time to build up my mana even quicker.

Build mana and take the âmana poolâ option until youâre above 2K, but keep an eye on the hoards. If you see that your kill zone is starting to get overrun, set up another one and then keep building up your mana pool.

Once your mana pool is up above 2K, start upgrading your gems. So far Iâve been able to make grade 5 (pentagon) and occasionally grade 6 (circle) (I have yet to make two grade 7 gems in a single battle).

Add kill zones and water trenches where more than two towers overlap. Slow them down and hit them hard.

Keep some gems in reserves to use as gem bombs. Remember, the higher waves require more powerful gem bombs.

Keep an eye out for glowing waves. The yellow waves will move really fast, the red ones will have very heavy armor.

Keep your mana above 200 whenever possible. If one or two monsters manage to get through your defenses, they wonât be able to take out your main tower unless your mana is extremely low.

Thatâs all I can think of right now. Hope it helps.

plokkey
plokkey
4,572 posts
Jester

Of you need help on games go to the game walkthrough section.

Waterpologuy
Waterpologuy
227 posts
Nomad

I like gemcraft. Its one of the few "tower defence" kind of games i like.

Karoc
Karoc
433 posts
Nomad

Gemcraft is boring I don't know why everyone thinks its so good it stinks! It just copied off like 50 other games like that but they were way better then Gemcraft... Just a copied game thats boring.

tanstaafl28
tanstaafl28
336 posts
Farmer

Karoc,

No big, not everyone is going to like every game.

Octane
Octane
17 posts
Nomad

Does anyone know if Gameinabottle is bringing out the sequal to Gemcraft?

Median2008
Median2008
17 posts
Nomad

I'm on lvl 80 now.. but how ya guys get 2 billion points in it? that scares me dude^^

dragoncrusher
dragoncrusher
773 posts
Peasant

You have to keep as much mana has you can.

Median2008
Median2008
17 posts
Nomad

what u mean with "keep"?? i aint got extra points in a game if i got 30 mana or 30k mana when the round ends?!
I got 240 million points now and every lvl glowing..but how u got more ? i got some lvls with 9 million points.. but even if i would beat every lvl with 9 mio points i wouldnt get 2 billion.. :/

Median2008
Median2008
17 posts
Nomad

? *push*

noobking
noobking
304 posts
Nomad

my idea isto get to lvl 3 gems combine them get two more and combine them then combine the new gems together. i like my plan

Median2008
Median2008
17 posts
Nomad

-.- very usefull post..
btw the ctrl key is a good help 4 that stuff..

ialwayswin
ialwayswin
777 posts
Jester

you know what I find annoying about this game,you can't target the guys you want. This sucks cause the gems will automaticly go after bosses over anything,but what if you have end game guys thats speed is like 6 and they keep shooting the boss,well it sucks

tanstaafl28
tanstaafl28
336 posts
Farmer

I've made it to level 20 without beating the first epic. I demolish the first 29 waves and then I always seem to get overwhelmed. I stick with pure gems and upgrade as I go, I use the purple gems to weaken their armor, the green to poison them, and the blue and aqua to slow them down. I juke up my mana pool, I build multiple trenches and place my towers so their fields of fire overlap more than once on the pathways, and still I get overrun.

XxHellBlazerxX
XxHellBlazerxX
43 posts
Nomad

If you need help on GemCraft then

Click this [url=http://armorgames.com/community/thread/1045614/need-help-on-gemcraft]

Showing 1-15 of 28