ForumsForum GamesRogue Trader: Lister Logs

118 32680
Hectichermit
Hectichermit
1,828 posts
Bard

(This is a closed game for a group who I am forming please do not post if your not in it)

Prologue
Dim cyan green lights flicker on the rusty tables and bar of The Black Peril tavern located on the void docks in Port Wander. A thickly black bearded man wipes a glass with a dirty rag. One other patron sits keeled over snoozing with a half spilled beer mug in one hand. The barkeep looks towards you “What’ll ya have?”

You're drawn here from a message on the imperial networks about a bounty on a familiar greenskined face, Badzappa. Here you hope to find comrades with a similar goal on hunting down this wily ole ork who has been pillaging the galaxy for the past fifty years.

• 118 Replies
Swarmlord2
Swarmlord2
2,081 posts
Marquis

(Inquiry test first to see how long it takes to find the items)

nichodemus
nichodemus
14,987 posts
Grand Duke

Sorry ouch. I rolled a 1 and a 6 for my 2 d10 dice on the Commerce test.

Swarmlord2
Swarmlord2
2,081 posts
Marquis

(That is very good. 3 degrees of success, plus 1 for me helping. Plus 2 profit factor per degree so plus 8. Warp core, 28-30,plus 10 for help, 6 rolled, pass. Engineers, 28-20, plus 10 for help. 33 rolled, failed by 1 degree. Weapon components, 28-10,plus 10 for help, 26 rolled, pass. Materials, 28 plus 10 for help, 13 rolled, pass)

We search the station and find all of the materials needed, even a rare warp core! Unfortunately, we are unable to hire engineers.

nichodemus
nichodemus
14,987 posts
Grand Duke

Oh dear...so we got the parts, but no one to fix it?

Swarmlord2
Swarmlord2
2,081 posts
Marquis

"That appears to be true. We will have to stop again at Footfall."

Through the servo-skull's vox, I call for some of the crew to start loading the newly purchased materials. Once they are loaded, I ask Rook to come to inspect the items.

(I need to know how many people the ship can carry, in addition to the crew and these materials)

nichodemus
nichodemus
14,987 posts
Grand Duke

@KatPryde Captain, your august presence is much desired!

Swarmlord2
Swarmlord2
2,081 posts
Marquis

"Unna, could you please go to the bridge and set a course for a safe distance away from the port? I expect to be leaving soon, unless Rook finds a problem with the parts"

nichodemus
nichodemus
14,987 posts
Grand Duke

I start to walk around the ship and examine it. Knowledge is power. Do I find anything of note?

Hectichermit
Hectichermit
1,828 posts
Bard

(Well with the failure of 1 degree I will let you round up half as many engineers as you need. Also Doom will be taking over for the next part and reintroducing his character)

Rook looks at the sad lot of mechanics and technicians the captains tried to round up. "So this is all you could manage to gather to follow you. Not much here might have to use some of the ships engineers to bolser the excavation team when the time comes"

Doombreed
Doombreed
7,022 posts
Templar

(You will have to make do with the engineers this ship has already then. They are about half of those you need like Hectic pointed out.)

Fabius finds nothing useful for the mission, everything that could be used has already been rounded up and put in the cargo hold for the inventory. But while the course is being set and the engines are being prepped it may be wise to inform these poor souls of the true mission that lies ahead, as well as their new duties.

Swarmlord2
Swarmlord2
2,081 posts
Marquis

"We have about 3000 men. We can try to get more at Footfall. Rook, could you please check of the machinery to check that it all works." Travel to Footfall will take 64 days. (The crew should already know of the aim. Any who need to be reassigned will be told when necessary.)

Doombreed
Doombreed
7,022 posts
Templar

As the ship travels to Footfall it would be wise to decide on a plan once you get there. The ancient ship has been lying there for centuries. As the expedition's officers, you must consult and plan the shifts of your men as well as your own actions. The ancient ship will be in scanner range soon.

(re quoting the objective from Hermit's post some pages back: )

Objective 1: Cargo for a Excavation
Theme: Trade
Obtain the materials to repair and extract the ancient ship from its frozen sleep, the ship lay buried in a hundred meters of ice and snow. The Rogue Trader must obtain men and materials, a team of engineers, laborers, excavation machines, and any other staff or equipment you might need.

This will determine the time frame of the second objective, you can commit up to 1/3 of your crew to aiding in the objective but that means the other 2/3 will be pushing overtime on a 12 hour shift. I would say it would take about 200,000 work hours to get the ship out and running, I would say you can carry another 6000 men with adequate supplies in your cargo hold)

Swarmlord2
Swarmlord2
2,081 posts
Marquis

(I meant 95 above)

After a few months in the warp, we finally arrive at Footfall. As it is a world with a bad reputation, I advise all crew to be wary on the planet. As we have already found all of the equipment we need, I gather my senior staff, Unna, Fabius and Rook, to the bridge to work out a plan as the relatively small ship lands on the planet.

Showing 106-118 of 118