ForumsQuestsHero Simulator: Idle Adventures Quests

64 44740
MrDayCee
MrDayCee
14,747 posts
King

Work your way into this idle adventure and become a Hero by achieving all these Quests for Hero Simulator: Idle Adventures!

http://quests.armorgames.com/game/17998/media/icon/6f0c74983d129e7b1cd255f6ec06bed0.png?v=1463114888
Heroic Reign Starter
Reach Level 10.
Hardness: Easy

http://quests.armorgames.com/game/17998/media/icon/ad45ef6f4e6385ce4c37b481c3f3f838.png?v=1463114926
Junior Financial Planner
Invest 5 Times.
Hardness: Easy

http://quests.armorgames.com/game/17998/media/icon/0e99ad06517f4cd7538d5f62cf76af26.png?v=1463114966
Walking Armory
Buy 20 Items.
Hardness: Medium

http://quests.armorgames.com/game/17998/media/icon/2aed2eed777e83b434718351d45b8c07.png?v=1463115029
Demosthenes Reborn
Hire 10 Recruits.

http://quests.armorgames.com/game/17998/media/icon/3d9d36723b6c1d66dbc96c36254685c9.png?v=1463114996
To Infinity And Beyond!
Reset Your Journey Once.

http://quests.armorgames.com/game/17998/media/icon/72de4769e6612ba1a2377fba1c649841.png?v=1463115063
Interstellar Explorer
Complete The In-Game Quest "Search For New Worlds".
Hardness: Hard

• 64 Replies
Gantic
Gantic
11,892 posts
King

It looks like the Quest multipliers do work on the investments, but maybe I am looking at the wrong number. Not sure what changed with the game update.

randomblah
randomblah
246 posts
King

The point is to use the heroic right and save yourself a reset by getting 10 hero spirits. That saves you maybe half a day to a day, since you don't have to re-invest yourself back up to the septillions/octillions.

ivan
ivan
1,417 posts
King

The game has been patched:

May 16, 2016
v1.3.2 Changes:
-Final quest glitch fixed
-Reset conditions fixed
-Heroic Reign spell is more rewarding now
-Less powerful investments but all quests are more profitable now
-"Investment conditions swapped" bug fixed
-A bunch of smaller fixes

randomblah
randomblah
246 posts
King

Noooooooo less powerful investments. LAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMME. Time to leave this tab open.

Also, you might not need to reset to get the quest. I was kind of reading wrong - so far, the requirements are just Craftsmans guild(mind-boggling) (and benefit from Heroic order).

Olinser
Olinser
650 posts
King

@randomblah - you don't need to reset to get the quest. You can just use a 1-time buy from the magic shop to grant you the 10 spirits when you are level 100. You get over 100 stamps in the course of getting the quest anyway and it only costs 30.

randomblah
randomblah
246 posts
King

I don't think you even need hero spirits. I reread the requirements and it only seems that you need to join the craftsmen guild(trivial).

bakkart
bakkart
636 posts
Prince

I was kind of hoping that saving right before the completion of an investment would mean I could refresh the game and try again if the investment failed. Unfortunately, this is one area the developers got right -- they didn't allow for that kind of back door.

randomblah
randomblah
246 posts
King

If you really want to do it, you'll want to save before an investment is made.

bakkart
bakkart
636 posts
Prince

Yeah, that could work, but then the time factor makes that not as appealing. Redoing 2 or 4 or 12 minutes in a game I'm not especially fond of in the first place doesn't seem worth it.

miklothegamer
miklothegamer
348 posts
Count

Been playing it quite a few days now, but not all day long. Man is this boring. Like many have said already, there is no real interaction with the game other than investing, and now they made investing weaker, which just means it takes longer. Thanks to your helpful hints, I at least saved myself a reset by using the stamps. I'm at NO and OC level of gold, so I'm still a while away...

And it was mentioned that quests are picked for games with high ratings, does anyone know what the game was rated when the quests were released? I checked a few days into playing, and it was at 85, now its down to 79, and I think as more people play it for the quests, it will only continue to drop.

Arkeyo
Arkeyo
148 posts
King

So the only real thing to get money is by doing investments, right? So can I totally ignore doing quests? Maybe level them up to level 1 but doing nothing with them? They cost much but are giving only a tiny amount of money ...

Olinser
Olinser
650 posts
King

@Arkeyo - Well, the quests actually do give some amount of money. With no hero spirits the 1st level of a quest generally gives a bit more than it cost to buy it. The massive problem this game has is that you only GET that money hours (or even DAYS) later for the lower quests. Lower down quests take tens of thousands of days for the first repetition. If 1 second = 1 day, that means 3600 days per hour. So a quest that takes 36000 days on its first repetition means you wait TEN HOURS for it to finish.

I mean with investments literally by the time you complete a new quest for the first time you can have it leveled past level 100. And then the money you get doesn't even pay for 1 upgrade.

When I finally got the last quest I kept investing and leveling it to speed it up. By the time it finished I had it at level 147 and it's completion literally didn't even move my money amount.

randomblah
randomblah
246 posts
King

Okay, this game officially disgusts me.

The price for Search for New Worlds went from the 30 Trt to 90 Sst.

Congrats, game, you earned yourself a new downvote.

tulador
tulador
2 posts
Treasurer

as you will no doubt hear ample griping about for the rest of the day, saves work about as well as our government which is to say not at all whatsoever. fix it.

Reton8
Reton8
3,173 posts
King

I'm really not a fan of this set of quests, and I feel the very last quest Interstellar Explorer, should not have been implemented. The first four quests only take at most one day. To Infinity And Beyond!, the reset quest, should take 2 to maybe 4 days tops, depending on how often you invest. But that last quest, Interstellar Explorer is just an insane "wait-fest" or and extremely boring investment grind with lots of waiting still.

On top of that this game is awful and everything about it stinks.
-
1.) The game puts in the patch notes that

This huge update has so many changes to the original that we decided to launch it separately.

I personally feel that this is untrue and I am highly suspicious that it was known that adding the stamp store to an old game would go unnoticed and not garner enough purchases. (Stamps are purchased with real money.)
-
2.) If you go to the original Hero Simulator it says
Hey Hero! The new extended version of Hero Simulator is here! Go check it out!

Calling a Hero Simulator: Idle Adventures an extended version basically looks like your calling it an update and that it should not have been released as a stand-alone game.
-
3.) Top comment on Kongregate for Hero Simulator:Idle Adventures
This doesn't seem to be all that different from the first. (+197 upvotes)

Devs response:

Well, guys, that's why it's not called "Hero Simulator 2". You can treat it as a big update. It has new content: skates, armor, weapon, quests, achievements, magic system, new UI, new balance, etc. And we've really put a lot of effort in order to review the original game and prepare this extended more polished version. The only thing is that it was uploaded separately. We planned it to be a platform for future updates so it could grow into "Hero Simulator 2" over time, step-by-step.

So, first the dev basically comes out and says it really doesn't warrant being called "Hero Simulator 2". So this game shouldn't exist on it's own but should really be an up-date to the first. Second, all the stuff they put into the game is trivial,
- Skates are just multipliers to offline gold and honor gain.
- Armor, Weapons, Quests are trivial updates. Only a few new armor, weapons, and quests have been added. (For example I think only 3 new quests). The names, icons, and sprites of all the armor, weapons, and quest are the same as the first game, aside from the icons now having color. The only difficult part of updating these things is making new graphical assets, but there's barely any new stuff.
- Magic System is just a cheap way to get players to spend real money.
- New Balance just means that the game has been slowed down further to frustrate players into buying things with real money.
Third, they say this will be a platform to grow the game into a true "Hero Simulator 2", yet they had ample time and feedback from the first game to truly fix some of the games issues, none of which have been addressed. Which leads to
-
4.) The second highest rated comment on Kongregate (+190 upvotes)

The restarting bonus is extremely boring, and the only thing worth doing is investing. These are the same issues you had in the original version of the game that you released last year. Do you even play your own game?

The fourth highest rated comment on Kongregate (+121 upvotes)

pretty much what everyone else said. it took you guys almost a year just to add an idle feature to a game that should have one to begin with. pretty disappointed specially with almost 0 new contents and an additional "support devs" system by buying stamps.

I feel these comments and comments from the first game are enough to show that the previous games flaws were well documented and that users did not like those flaws. Why were they not fixed?
-
5.) I've seen and played many "free-to-play" idle apps. A lot of them operate the same way to Hero Simulator: Idle Adventures. These games offer little in terms of interactivity and have built in &quotaywall timers" due to the absurdity in the cost of buying anything (like upgrades, items, etc.) after the first few hours of play.
-
Basically the way idle apps work is like this:
- The math behind them can be copied or mimicked from a similar idle game or table/chart with minimal effort.
- The graphics are flashy, so that it looks fun to play.
- The &quotay-wall timers" are made more abstract by item-cost-to-income ratios. So, a player makes a bunch of progress in the first few hours of play, but then the next-and-only useful item that can be purchased costs way more than the last. The player makes $1 million per second, but the next item costs $172.8 Billion. The player thinks they are making progress, but may not realize that it will take them two days before making that next useful purchase. Buying lesser items isn't helpful and clicking (if applicable) will take hours to only speed the time fractionally.
-
Hero Simulator: Idle Adventures does exactly this. It really feels like a cheap ploy for the cash shop.
Showing 31-45 of 64