ForumsNews and FeedbackAd length/ intrusive ads

5 3901
1401Ger
1401Ger
2 posts
Nomad

I just got an ad that lasted NINETY seconds, including blasting a ****ty song.
Not only would I never play a game that is advertised with such an obnoxious ad, I also seriously considered activating Adblock on armorgames.
Pease don't drive your customers into doing that with this kind of advertisement.

• 5 Replies
FishPreferred
FishPreferred
3,171 posts
Duke

Yeah. In future, you might want to save the bombast and petty hostility for after you've reported the ad to AG (they will need a screenshot at the very least and some time to look into whatever you're complaining about).

Also, as a bit of personal advice, the mute button is a powerful tool which you too can exploit. I encourage you to have it at the ready whenever you're on the internet.

nichodemus
nichodemus
14,987 posts
Grand Duke

@1401Ger I sometimes mute just the game window whenever a game loads, let's me still listen to my music whilst playing. Right click, mute tab.

1401Ger
1401Ger
2 posts
Nomad

@FishPreferred: petty hostility? I called an ad obnoxious, I did not say anything negative about armorgames. And I was under the impression to use the feedback forum to give feedback. I have no clue what you are on about.
@nichodemus: Thanks for the advice. A lot more helpful than the condescending blast of FishPreferred

Ferret
Ferret
9,323 posts
Bard

@1401Ger If an ad is especially bad, please capture a screenshot and post it here. I'll look into it.

dekkanoid
dekkanoid
5 posts
Constable

@1401Ger not to pile on, but just for future reference, a complaint is taken less seriously when it has swearing in it.

Also, when you're complaining about the quality of a song used in an ad, you have less merit than if you were to complain about the ad playing the song ridiculously loud without warning.

I agree that advertisements should have waveform regulation but that's not something that anyone can administer without a lot of effort.

Showing 1-5 of 5